Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Jesus...

Chargers are both CHEAP & GREEDY... What a terrible combo.

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, ponza88 said:

Why is it ugly? You knew the concerns when drafting him. You should be happier now that a team is trying to trade for him.

The latter part is my point. I agree with you, but I think that small segment still had unrealistic expectations that the team and Gordon might still work something out.

Just now, Bingo Bandanas said:

The latter part is my point. I agree with you, but I think that small segment still had unrealistic expectations that the team and Gordon might still work something out.

Agreed with you there. That was always a longshot.

4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Bucs would be a fantastic landing spot for him, and really one of the few places I could see making sense at this point. 

Wouldn't mind it at all

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Wouldn't mind it at all

Do the Bucs have a 1st rounder?

I just can't see another team giving a first, and then having to pay gordon, with the miles that are on him.  1,528 carries between college/NFL and 410 catches.  

4 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Do the Bucs have a 1st rounder?

Yes. However, they have little to no cap space.

As a Bucs fan, I would love to see Gordon come to Tampa and play the David Johnson role in Arians’ offense. Our running backs are trash.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Now the Chargers are gonna be like we want the world.  You don’t want to pay him but don’t want to let him go???  They need to pick a side here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

As a Bucs fan, I would love to see Gordon come to Tampa and play the David Johnson role in Arians’ offense. Our running backs are trash.

Heck yeah. I would feel so much better. Get rid of Jones in the deal. I'm fine with Barber as a backup, just not as a starter.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Not surprised by this. I doubt they get a 1st. Probably a 2nd with a couple more picks but if it’s the Bucs they need to rework some contracts. They were among the bottom in offseason cap space

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Now the Chargers are gonna be like we want the world.  You don’t want to pay him but don’t want to let him go???  They need to pick a side here.

They offered to pay him $10 million per year, which is not nothing.

And to let him go they want a good return. Doesn't seem too unreasonable. 

Tampa won’t be the team. They have no cap space whatsoever but new regime could get creative 

Teams I see as potential: Niners, eagles, colts, packers

Quote From https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/03/chargers-are-looking-for-a-first-rounder-plus-for-melvin-gordon/:

"If the Chargers value him as a guy who is worth a one and a five, that value should be reflected in their offers to Gordon. Conversely, if the Chargers view Gordon as a guy worth something like $10 million per year, they shouldn’t want a first-round pick, and more, from a team that also would have to pay him."

Edited by screaming_vultures
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Tampa won’t be the team. They have no cap space whatsoever but new regime could get creative 

Teams I see as potential: Niners, eagles, colts, packers

Mack is a good RB, they don't need him in IND.

• Like 1

Philly just drafted their RB of the future who has been very impressive all offseason and added Jordan Howard / they will not be the team. 

That news of Ezekiel, combined with Gurley and season long hold out Bell... tells me he is out this year. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Quote From https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/03/chargers-are-looking-for-a-first-rounder-plus-for-melvin-gordon/:

"If the Chargers value him as a guy who is worth a one and a five, that value should be reflected in their offers to Gordon. Conversely, if the Chargers view Gordon as a guy worth something like $10 million per year, they shouldn’t want a first-round pick, and more, from a team that also would have to pay him."

Well it's a negotiation. You don't typically start out asking for the lowest (worst) you're willing to accept. 

Edited by mbell317

1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

Well it's a negotiation. You don't typically start out asking for the lowest you're willing to accept. 

Some clubs can be vindictive and ask for an insane amount, so technically he's available... but not really.

Hopefully it's like what you say, a starting point in negotiations.

Edited by ponza88

Might be Philly or Washington. I can see Howie Roseman or Dan Snyder making a splash. 

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

That news of Ezekiel, combined with Gurley and season long hold out Bell... tells me he is out this year. 

Out all year? No way

Just now, Newtown said:

Might be Philly or Washington. I can see Howie Roseman or Dan Snyder making a splash. 

It will not be Philly - will people stop linking them. Diehard eagles fan here. They just traded up in the 2nd round for a RB they absolutely love who has had glowing reports all offseason and sent a 6th for Jordan Howard. They will not be giving up additional draft capital and doling out a large contract (as much as I’d love for that to happen as Gordon owner).

• Like 3