Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

hing with TB is he doesnt even make them a contender.

While it may not make them a super bowl contender, it is the only real thing they're lacking on the offensive side.  Their offense would immediately be top 5 in my opinion with Evans, Godwin, Howard and then an actual running back in the mix.  They would still be bad on the defensive side, but that offense would be mighty scary.

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

While it may not make them a super bowl contender, it is the only real thing they're lacking on the offensive side.  Their offense would immediately be top 5 in my opinion with Evans, Godwin, Howard and then an actual running back in the mix.  They would still be bad on the defensive side, but that offense would be mighty scary.

Yeah it would be a good offense but they play in a division with 3 really good teams. They would be stupid to trade trade a 1st or even 2nd rounder to go for 4th place in that divison. 

I think the team thats inquiring is a team thats closer to contention. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Bucs would need to create cap space. Them making moves in the next day could be an indication.

20 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

The contract does not roll.  He starts over in the same spot next year.  The chargers own his rights for year five. If he does not show, he does not get credit and we reboot a year later.

Like when Pitt franchised Bell and sat out where he had to report by week ten. Hmmm....

3 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Like when Pitt franchised Bell and sat out where he had to report by week ten. Hmmm....

He was never under contract

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

He was never under contract

Yes he was at the tune of fourteen million when they franchised him. Truth.

6 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Re Franchising Bell the next year would have costed the Steelers a lot more $$$ then 5M. Connor's rise helped incentive the Steelers to not even consider forking over a Franchise Tender too i suppose

Bell was FA when tagged. He had no contractual obligation. He was not getting fined weekly for not showing up. It's just a completely different thing here.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 1

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

He was tendered a tag but he never signed it...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

And that's exactly why Pit couldn't fine him for missing games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

He refused to sign so he did not accept the tender.  Why they could not trade him.  He wa never under contract last year.  Apples and oranges.

• Like 1

Just now, TheDoctor said:

Don’t you think that was his point. Nooo... I won’t accept one year at fourteen, and take more guaranteed money... even though less per year. Hmmmm sound smart to me. Not to you I guess. Uummmm I can take 14 and hope to negotiate or sit and get 30 million in guarantee. Geee... let me think about this??? 🤣

Don’t you think that was his point. Nooo... I won’t accept one year at fourteen, and take more guaranteed money... even though less per year. Hmmmm sound smart to me. Not to you I guess. Uummmm I can take 14 and hope to negotiate or sit and get 30 million in guarantee. Geee... let me think about this??? 🤣

Yes but if Gordon does not report he clock starts over again as he is under contract.  Still different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

spacer.png

Just now, jjbooda said:

Yes but if Gordon does not report he clock starts over again as he is under contract.  Still different.

Just like last year. Means s---. Watch it play out. Zeke was on his rook contract. Seriously dude, separate your fantasy from real world. 

2 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Franchise tag is not a contract if you don't sign it. He didn't sign it. He was never under contract. That simple.

The Steelers could not trade bell last year. Why? Because he was not under contract. You can't trade a player you do not own. Yet the Chargers can very easy trade Gordon. Because he's under contract.

The Tag rules are just a BS system that prevents players with expired contacts to not sign with other NFL teams when evoked. It's a system of rules. Not a contract until the player signs the tender.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I mean you have to be trolling lmao. Bell had ended his contract term with the Steelers. The Steelers then were allowed to FA tag him for a year after the contract expired. Bell didn't sign the tag and was never under contract. Steelers then chose not to issue him a contract.

Gordon still has a contract and if he doesn't play he doesn't get a service he can't get to free agency.

• Like 2

My point is, and I have no iron in this fire. I am not an owner of Gordon or Kekuler. But you are warned now. He will hold out and he will get his money. You need understand this. 

My point is, and I have no iron in this fire. I am not an owner of Gordon or Kekuler. But you are warned now. He will hold out and he will get his money. You need understand this. 

Can't wait to bump this around week 8 or 10 when Melvin reports under his same deal. 

The offense is a contributor to the bad defense in Tampa. Even the Rams can run the ball. I mean it isn’t rocket science that it is important to have a good run game. Gordon would definitely make this team better. Greatest Show On Turf could run the damn ball.

1 hour ago, ColoWrex said:

This sums up how cheap the chargers are.

Do people really need to be reminded every year that ProFootballTalk and Mike Florio are terrible sources?

50 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

The contract does not roll.  He starts over in the same spot next year.  The chargers own his rights for year five. If he does not show, he does not get credit and we reboot a year later.

Which is why he reports for the last six games.

• Like 1

LAC doesn't value Gordon enough to pay him what he wants but wants more than Patriots got for Jimmy G and Brissett? How can they tell Gordon to explore trade options then say they want a first and a fifth?

Serious Q..uestion:

Would you be willing to forgo 3.3 Million Dollars in game-checks to NOT play a game you grew up loving/playing for 10 weeks?

....or would you be ecstatic, maybe even grateful that someone is willing to pay you 10 Million a year to play a game?

Once those lost game-checks start adding up, he'll come back -- when is that breaking point though?

• Like 1