Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

@FollowTheLeader

We'll see I guess. Watch for vet RB FA visits in the weeks to come. 

If a signing happens don't be shocked. 

C'mon on now, big fella, no deflecting from the topic at hand/reason you originally quoted me ;)

In my OP I stated I would take Jackson over Ekeler, and you disagreed with me...or you  wouldn't have quoted me :mellow: *could have simply posted your own stand alone take on the subject.

A FA signing disclaimer was never part of the discussion (from either of our points of view), so a possible FA signing is irrelevant to the comparison between Jackson and Ekeler :ph34r:

I understand this is all just conjecture, UNLESS Gordon is not a LAC and the LAC don't sign a replacement FA RB. *IF that occurs...then:

42 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

We'll see I guess. 

In the end though, D&D, no big deal B)

*outside of an upcoming re-draft league, I have no vested interest in either player, just enjoy talking football/FFBall.

ps: I always picture Dwight Schrute, as Tony Montana, when I read your posts/profile name :lol: 

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

There is always a chance that Gordon sits out the season like Le'Veon Bell last year but I think it's more likely he'll either sign before the season starts or be traded and SD will get a starting caliber rb in return along with a draft pick(s).

Just thinking about it, I think that Tampa Bay wouldn't be a bad landing spot for Gordon and SD could likely get a couple of high picks and either Peyton Barber or Ronald Jones in return.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 1

Why on Earth is TB a good spot? They suck. Arians is the only real reason for hope. And I think SD would not get more than one high pick for an inconsistent, injury-prone malcontent. Bell he is not. 

I'm still just peeved because his fantasy value was looking laughably high this year. I was all set to nominate him in our auction ASAP. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Just thinking about it, I think that Tampa Bay wouldn't be a bad landing spot for Gordon and SD could likely get a couple of high picks and either Peyton Barber or Ronald Jones in return.

What are they going to pay him that he'll accept?  They have to pay Jameis or find a QB next year.  

6 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

C'mon on now, big fella, no deflecting from the topic at hand/reason you originally quoted me ;)

In my OP I stated I would take Jackson over Ekeler, and you disagreed with me...or you  wouldn't have quoted me :mellow: *could have simply posted your own stand alone take on the subject.

A FA signing disclaimer was never part of the discussion (from either of our points of view), so a possible FA signing is irrelevant to the comparison between Jackson and Ekeler :ph34r:

I understand this is all just conjecture, UNLESS Gordon is not a LAC and the LAC don't sign a replacement FA RB. *IF that occurs...then:

In the end though, D&D, no big deal B)

*outside of an upcoming re-draft league, I have no vested interest in either player, just enjoy talking football/FFBall.

ps: I always picture Dwight Schrute, as Tony Montana, when I read your posts/profile name :lol: 

I didn't quote you cause you had a super long post. It just takes a ton of space. I've made comments in 3 threads of my thoughts and always assumed chargers would get a vet FA RB to join a 3 headed committee with JJ and ekeler and I'd prefer ekeler. I'm on my phone and not gonna try to figure out how to quote myself in the JJ thread or AE thread. I stand by ekeler over JJ. do you though. 

Dwight eh? Interesting 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

What are they going to pay him that he'll accept?  They have to pay Jameis or find a QB next year.  

This is Jameis tryout year and he's very aware of this. He's gonna give it everything he have and show he belongs or doesn't. 

I think Arians chose Tampa though cause he believes in Jameis and his big arm. We'll see how it plays out. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

🤯 My $700 hometown buy in lg(yup they do it early) and I get MG @ 10.. was pretty happy w that..now, 10 the magic number holding out for 10 games...wtf

13 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

🤯 My $700 hometown buy in lg(yup they do it early) and I get MG @ 10.. was pretty happy w that..now, 10 the magic number holding out for 10 games...wtf

$700 and y'all draft before August? 

That's gotta be miserable thinking you might have dropped $7 and have to wait 2 months to know if you've invested in a sinking ship. 

Y'all should move the draft date closer to end of regular season. 

• Like 1

Probably work better if they move it closer to the beginning of the regular season, though that would make drafting a lot easier the other way.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, sjm76 said:

There is always a chance that Gordon sits out the season like Le'Veon Bell last year but I think it's more likely he'll either sign before the season starts or be traded and SD will get a starting caliber rb in return along with a draft pick(s).

If I remember correctly, even if he sits this season he won’t be a UFA. I’m guessing he signs & reports a week or 2 into camp with a raise this year & an extra year added. Rivers is 37 already. There’s no clear successor so the future for LA is a bit cloudy post-Rivers

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

If I remember correctly, even if he sits this season he won’t be a UFA. I’m guessing he signs & reports a week or 2 into camp with a raise this year & an extra year added. Rivers is 37 already. There’s no clear successor so the future for LA is a bit cloudy post-Rivers

Kinda doubt Gordon would take a one year extension.   That’s basically like being tagged in 2020, and giving LAC the option to tag him in 2021.   It doesn’t give him that stability of a big guaranteed number.  

IMO- He’ll want 3 years minimum at a number close to Le’Veon. More likely to just play out the year and make them try the tag if they dare in 2020. 

Edited by Impreza178

26 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Kinda doubt Gordon would take a one year extension.   That’s basically like being tagged in 2020, and giving LAC the option to tag him in 2021.   It doesn’t give him that stability of a big guaranteed number.  

IMO- He’ll want 3 years minimum at a number close to Le’Veon. More likely to just play out the year and make them try the tag if they dare in 2020. 

Unless he gets a contractual agreement to not be tagged after the 1 year extension? I just don't see the Chargers giving him a long-term deal with the way their front office operates. He might get that 3rd year, but probably no longer than that

• Like 2

So.........they both kinda suck? I guess that's why they're backups. 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:36 PM, Panthers8912 said:

Instead of posting this in the AE and JJ threads I’ll just post it here 

That's the most cherry-picked misleading stats on JJ. Totally ignores week 12 and 13 for no reason whatsoever. He averaged over 7 ypc both weeks. 

Week 14: 7 carries for 12 yards. Not good, but it's seven carries. 

Week 15: 16 carries for 58 and a TD at the Chiefs. It's not great, but it's fine. 

Week 16: 1 carry for - 1 yard. This is beyond meaningless. Oh by the way, he caught 7 passes for 47 yards in this game. 

Week 17: 6 carries for 10 yards. Whatever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

That's the most cherry-picked misleading stats on JJ. Totally ignores week 12 and 13 for no reason whatsoever. He averaged over 7 ypc both weeks. 

Week 14: 7 carries for 12 yards. Not good, but it's seven carries. 

Week 15: 16 carries for 58 and a TD at the Chiefs. It's not great, but it's fine. 

Week 16: 1 carry for - 1 yard. This is beyond meaningless. Oh by the way, he caught 7 passes for 47 yards in this game. 

Week 17: 6 carries for 10 yards. Whatever. 

I'm curious; was that supposed to be in support of Jackson or are you being sarcastic?

Just give the guy his money. He's still young enough that he can be their focal point for many more years. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Just give the guy his money. He's still young enough that he can be their focal point for many more years. 

He can't even play a full season and you want to overpay him? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

MG gonna do his lev bell thang.....believe that

I sure hope this is not the new norm.  We are officially entering the millenial era of football.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bomont said:

I'm curious; was that supposed to be in support of Jackson or are you being sarcastic?

Support of Jackson, mostly.

The broader point is that the jury should still be out on him. I'm certainly not anointing him the next Barry Sanders, but to say he's trash because of his ypc in a couple of randomly selected games where he got a handful of carries is disingenuous, at best. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He can't even play a full season and you want to overpay him? 

Sure why not, it's not my money 

• Haha 2

Can't edit.. Wanted to say that injuries happen, Gordon hasn't been unruly to my knowledge. He's been from what I've seen a hard worker when he's healthy so I say pay him

dumb teams pay running backs top money. To my knowledge chargers are not a dumb team. Someone will emerge. So glad I did not pay 50 for him in an auction last night as I was tempted.