Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

I feel he suits up this week. Every win counts in getting into the playoffs standings...currently tied with the raiders...I can see them throwing him out there so he will be even more ready for the broncos next wee. Real question is do we start him if he does suit up. 

14 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I feel he suits up this week. Every win counts in getting into the playoffs standings...currently tied with the raiders...I can see them throwing him out there so he will be even more ready for the broncos next wee. Real question is do we start him if he does suit up. 

Doubt it, not this late in the week. It would have been more likely had he reported by Wednesday. Even then he's not startable in fantasy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Justin Jackson is in a walking boot. Higher chance he suits up now?

There is a slight slight chance now....

I didn't see this yesterday... but if this is the case I'm not sure Gordon can play?

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

I didn't see this yesterday... but if this is the case I'm not sure Gordon can play?

last thing the coach said yesterday was he didn't rule out Gordon playing Sunday yet so there is hope.

3 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

There is a slight slight chance now....

As long as he showed up in good shape.  Would be surprised if he doesn't suit up.  1-2 team can't afford to go 1-3

Just now, youngrice said:

As long as he showed up in good shape.  Would be surprised if he doesn't suit up.  1-2 team can't afford to go 1-3

Considering i'd of considered playing Justin Jackson against Miami, who give up ~35+ rushes per game so far, even if Eckler takes 20...still 15 for MG (not saying that's how it should go but look at Pollard for Dallas last week, Miami made him look like a hall of famer).

2 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

last thing the coach said yesterday was he didn't rule out Gordon playing Sunday yet so there is hope.

Bolts can over ride the exemption if they wanna use him ... just gives them flexibility for other roster moves if they declare him OUT

• Thanks 1

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Bolts can over ride the exemption if they wanna use him ... just gives them flexibility for other roster moves if they declare him OUT

Thanks.  I wasn't sure of the mechanics once they applied and were granted the exemption.

I expect him to be active now. I think he will spell Ekeler though. I can't imagine a serious workload until next week. The fact is they'll need someone to backup Ekeler. I guess they could use Troymaine Pope, but Gordon should be active regardless.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I expect him to be active now. I think he will spell Ekeler though. I can't imagine a serious workload until next week. The fact is they'll need someone to backup Ekeler. I guess they could use Troymaine Pope, but Gordon should be active regardless.

They are in a spot where they need to win this game. Yes, it's the Dolphins, but being 1-2 it's imperative they get the win. I believe if they feel Gordon is in good shape and can help them win, they will suit him up. Now the workload is the question. They need someone that can pound the rock. I don't think they feel Ekeler can carry the full load - carriers in each game, 12/17/9 respectively.  I think we see MG3 this weekend.  

Justin Jackson was just ruled OUT for Sunday...Have to wonder if Melvin suits up?

Edited by jh83

On Gordon possibly playing against the Dolphins: "I've said all along there's a chance." "He's looked fine. He's in good shape but he hasn't been practicing football so obviously he's not ready to back in there and carry the load right now but you never know, he may have to."

"...But at the same time we understand that Melvin has been back for a day and a half so we have to be careful with: if he plays, how much he plays, and if he even played."

Gordon’s gonna play A LOT. He kept in shape, knows the offense, practiced 2 days, Jackson is out...He just might have 100+ & 2 TD’s right out of the gate (against me this week, of course) 🤦‍♂️ C’mon Mel, you couldn’t wait ONE MORE WEEK??!

2 hours ago, youngrice said:

They are playing against Miami. 

Even if Rivers, Allen, Ekeler sit. The waterboy forgot the gatorade, the equipment manager forgot the helmets...ect...They are still not going to be 1-3 after playing Miami this week. 

• Haha 2

Would love to see Gordon used in the redzone this week if only just as a reality check for the Ekeler truthers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Would love to see Gordon used in the redzone this week if only just as a reality check for the Ekeler truthers. 

Hey man,

We love you too.  See you at the vulture party.

XOXO,

Ekeler fan club