Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, ginocan said:

They are playing against Miami. 

Even if Rivers, Allen, Ekeler sit. The waterboy forgot the gatorade, the equipment manager forgot the helmets...ect...They are still not going to be 1-3 after playing Miami this week. 

Lol your probably right. But if any team could do mess up Miami's run to 0-16 it's the early season Chargers.  Just last year they tried to give the win to the CJ Beathard lead Niners in week 4

Edited by youngrice
  • Like 2

If Gordon were to hold out a bit longer the chargers would of paid up to bring him in. No way they would have let ekeler carry the load with no backup. Bad decision by him.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

If Gordon were to hold out a bit longer the chargers would of paid up to bring him in. No way they would have let ekeler carry the load with no backup. Bad decision by him.

As long as he has a good productive ROS someone will pay him. 

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

As long as he has a good productive ROS someone will pay him. 

You know his bitter about it now. We’ll see what this season brings.

19 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You know his bitter about it now. We’ll see what this season brings.

Still makes no sense he decided to come back early.  If he gets hurt he could lose out big time for next season.  

• Like 1

Looks like the Chargers only fined him half of what they could.  It's not much but something from an organization that has a reputation of being tough:

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Still makes no sense he decided to come back early.  If he gets hurt he could lose out big time for next season.  

And jimmy crack corn...this is a fantasy football site and I just care about him suiting up and playing well.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Looks like the Chargers only fined him half of what they could.  It's not much but something from an organization that has a reputation of being tough:

he's saying the rights things too.

I wonder if they give him a prorated 10m 1y deal they had on the table preseason as a sign of good faith.  wouldn't be that far fetched to think a larger deal could be worked out this offseason.

• Like 1

I think a good judgement call to start him on sunday is whether another rb is active that day besides ekler and Gordon. If that practice squad guy is active too then I would just wait until next week. Depends on size of league of course and what options you got besides him. 

13 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I think a good judgement call to start him on sunday is whether another rb is active that day besides ekler and Gordon. If that practice squad guy is active too then I would just wait until next week. Depends on size of league of course and what options you got besides him. 

You kidding me. If you start Gordon this Sunday your team must be in shambles. The guy got here yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You kidding me. If you start Gordon this Sunday your team must be in shambles. The guy got here yesterday.

I'm happily considered "in shambles" for starting him this week if he is only other RB active besides Eckler.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

OR...we've just premature FFejaculating because we've been holding MG3 on our bench for 3 weeks and can't wait to put him in. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Maybe...now this might sound crazy but hear me out...he loves football and wants to be there for his teammates?

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Maybe...now this might sound crazy but hear me out...he loves football and wants to be there for his teammates?

I think he's just been watching his ego and rep get SHREDDED on social media and TV for the past month, and is doing damage control to get his contract because he genuinely believes in himself.

Edited by FooserX

Was not expecting Gordon back this soon when I drafted him. He comes back at the perfect time and I hope they don’t give him too many reps this Sunday. I hope Ekeler has one more monster week to reward his owners before strapping himself into the kiddie seat and takes a back seat so Gordon can take over. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1

I guess it would be smart to ease Gordon back into football shape slowly. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an extended run and gets 12+ touches. Especially if the Chargers have issues to put the game away. They have many injuries and hate early east coast games. The Dolphins suck obviously, but they have played 3 of the best teams in football. Actually kept it close for a half against the Cowboys. It won't be a blowout by any means.

Edited by frog34

41 minutes ago, FooserX said:

"...we've been holding MG3 on our bench for 3 weeks and can't wait to put him in. lol"

giphy.gif

If Gordon isn't in tip top shape and he plays, he's a moron. That's exactly when players get injured.

Guy holds out for more money, plays prematurely, tears his ACL.

Dumb.

On both the coach and player.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Dear MGIII owners,

You already won.  Let us have this one.

Signed,

Ekeler owners

• Haha 3

If Melvin suits up on Sunday, then I think I have to put him in my lineup to replace Bell on a Bye.  The only other options I have to play in my 2nd RB slot is R. Freeman, Penny, and M. Brown.  Even with a limited amount of carries he might out touch those other three options.  

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "there's a good chance" Melvin Gordon makes his season debut Sunday against the Dolphins.

Gordon only has two practices under his belt, but the Chargers are thin at running back after losing Justin Jackson to a calf injury earlier this week. While Gordon isn't ready to step into a workhorse role, the Chargers will likely sprinkle him in to "get his feet wet" in what equates to an exhibition game Sunday against the lowly Dolphins. Fantasy owners can still start Austin Ekeler with confidence in Week 4, though soon he'll be playing second fiddle to Gordon.

15 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I don't think its such a crazy idea. 

1) it's miami, they will get a huge lead and run the ball to kill clock. It's like a practice game.

2) if gordon and ekeler are the only active backs, is another factor. Ekeler won't get 100% of the work.

3) You have to consider the make up of the team, the current record, and if you can afford to make a potentially risky move.

I own him, but I also have Kamara, Lindsay, Hyde, and C.Thompson. so he might be a high risk high reward flex or RB2... Since I may rather start s.shepard in 1/2 point ppr. I'm also 3-0, and off to a bad start with Packers D. I have a pretty stacked team, but also playing another really good team that's 3-0. So I may want a boom or bust player, since I might need a boom to win this game.

Everyone's circumstances are different.