Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

Hard to get MG going when down by three TD's in the blink of an eye. He was in at the end of the game plenty. I still like him going forward.  

Haven't you heard? Once an RB puts up sub-10 points while getting blown up behind the line in negative gamescript he is literal garbage and should be dropped. Plenty of people already made that call on Fournette and look how right they were!

• Like 2

I didnt realize when drafting him but chargers got a very tough schedule basically till the end. Bunch of elite defense teams

Chargers are just a joke , if it’s not one thing it’s another. They excell at choking , terrible gamescript from the get go . Better days ahead 

I don't know what he (or Ekeler) were supposed to do tonight.  They got game scripted out and there was basically never a hole anywhere to run.

Well, he split the receiving work with Ekeler, which was surprising but a positive.

The offensive line is awful however.

And he has Tennessee, Chicago & GB up next.

Was so hopeful when he came back Id have another solid RB to play, guess not first 2 week and put up 7.8 points and lost me this week.

He wasn’t good, but he did do considerably better than Ekeler who seems to be losing gas. So that’s a positive for Gordon owners.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:18 PM, lolcopter said:

They should have just traded this guy, the offense is worse with him out there

👆

• Like 2

The split is tough to read because the game was so one sided early on with the Chargers down 21 or 24 to 0 at one point, but the snaps went this way Sunday.  It was only Gordon's 2nd game back too.

Chargers Week 6 RB snaps:

Melvin Gordon - 60%

Austin Ekeler - 45%

Gordon needs to get his azz in game shape or neither he nor I are gonna get paid like we want...

• Like 1

Should have traded him when news broke he was ending his holdout and returning. His name value at the time could have got a nice return, not anymore. 💀

• Like 1

This guy is making the team worse, but let's play him more than the guy who is better because...well, we're the Chargers and like to do stupid things.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 11:27 PM, HTXMade said:

the O-line is garbage

Probably gonna be an issue all season.

Losing Pouncey is a disaster for a team that likes to run.

Phil rivers is a vet. I doubt they completely collapse with him as QB. With that said Melvin Gordon is trash. I thought I was lucky when I picked this full up on waivers before the news broke. Wish he would of stayed MIA bc he's made Eckler useless as well. I'm starting  him this week bc of byes. If he doesn't get 11-16 points tho... then were ****** 

Edited by Jrt80

Y’all panic so fast lol. Give the guy 2-3 games to get in game shape. If he doesn’t start producing by this week or next week then that’s when it’s time to move on from him. He was the most consistent back last year so let’s atleast give him some time 

• Like 3

Lol for real people acting like the sky is falling.. 2 games in with bad game scripts,  the guy will eat soon enough , eckler cant hold up all season same thing happened last year, eckler ran out of steam , expect rb2 production not rb1 and you should be happy. Flipped hunter Henry for him he is worth it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

Lol for real people acting like the sky is falling.. 2 games in with bad game scripts,  the guy will eat soon enough , eckler cant hold up all season same thing happened last year, eckler ran out of steam , expect rb2 production not rb1 and you should be happy. Flipped hunter Henry for him he is worth it

In PPR leagues he has scored 8 and 8 his 1st 2 games back after not playing all preseason and the 1st 4 games. RELAX everyone 

2 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

In PPR leagues he has scored 8 and 8 his 1st 2 games back after not playing all preseason and the 1st 4 games. RELAX everyone 

I'll relax when I don't lose my week because of him. Things were great until he came back. Now Ekeler is useless and he is useless. Now have to wait for him to get in shape because he missed a quarter of the season, plus training camp.

Edited by FitzMagic

Just now, FitzMagic said:

I'll relax when I don't lose my week because of him.

I’m sure you drafted him in what round 3, knowing that he would possibly holdout. If you lost your week because of one player then your team is stinky.

7 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

I’m sure you drafted him in what round 3, knowing that he would possibly holdout. If you lost your week because of one player then your team is stinky.

Funny, because I started him and Ekeler(flex). I also have DJ. Yeah, lost my week because he killed any value right now in that backfield until he gets in shape. And hardly "stinky" considering I am first in points scored and first in points against in my league.

Edited by FitzMagic

You people never learn smh. Gordon missed all of training camp, preseason, and the first 4 games of the season; some acclimation is to be expected. By NO stretch of the imagination is Ekeler better; he couldn't even ward off Justin Jackson from taking over last season. He's in the same vein as Danny Woodhead or James White--he's NOT a starting caliber NFL RB. Gordon not only has had to acclimate back to the team, but then had to endure terrible game scripts. He will be just fine and will produce similarly to last yr in the coming weeks. 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

You people never learn smh. Gordon missed all of training camp, preseason, and the first 4 games of the season; some acclimation is to be expected. By NO stretch of the imagination is Ekeler better; he couldn't even ward off Justin Jackson from taking over last season. He's in the same vein as Danny Woodhead or James White--he's NOT a starting caliber NFL RB. Gordon not only has had to acclimate back to the team, but then had to endure terrible game scripts. He will be just fine and will produce similarly to in the coming weeks. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4