Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

What a goon fumbling like that. As if he didn’t have enough problems performing lately. As a gordon owner I’m slightly worried. But it’s not all on him , Chargers are a mess right now, what else is new. 

 

It seems like nothing is ever Gordon's fault...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

 

Chargers would have won the game if not for MG's fumble.  

I'm surprised they took Ekeler's TD away, it was super close.

That entire game was chalk full of close calls, especially that last minute.

Charger fans have to be beside themselves.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm surprised they took Ekeler's TD away, it was super close.

That entire game was chalk full of close calls, especially that last minute.

Charger fans have to be beside themselves.

 

Chargers fans are pi$$ed the team has given three games away because the coaches were trying to get Gordon up to speed. They should just cut him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

Chargers fans are pi$$ed the team has given three games away because the coaches were trying to get Gordon up to speed. They should just cut him.

I guess.  Ekeler can't really run the ball either behind that line, it's a complete disaster.

They pretty much have to throw every down now.  They're gonna be playing comeback a lot.

That said they definitely could have had this game today, the margin for error was razor thin at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Dude has two options....

1) get hurt

2) get traded

Free Ekeler!

 

It will be interesting to see if MG gets dealt.  Chargers should have taken what they could have gotten for him while he was holding out.  I imagine now his appeal and value has plummeted.  

Still it's in their best interest to get what they can for the guy because he won't be around next year.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theSPANKER said:

 

It will be interesting to see if MG gets dealt.  Chargers should have taken what they could have gotten for him while he was holding out.  I imagine now his appeal and value has plummeted.  

Still it's in their best interest to get what they can for the guy because he won't be around next year.  

 

He looks like a guy that missed all of camp and preseason. Obviously he’s no Zeke. At least Zeke trained while holding out. Melvin looks like trash. People blame the O-line, but I just don’t buy it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

He looks like a guy that missed all of camp and preseason. Obviously he’s no Zeke. At least Zeke trained while holding out. Melvin looks like trash. People blame the O-line, but I just don’t buy it. 

 

He looks like his feet are cemented in molasses and his hands are dripping with Parkay margarine.  Dude fumbled the ball THREE times in the game and was fortunate the first two were recovered.  

But that third one......just damn OUCH......the game was all but secured for the win if he could hold on to the ball.

As you said, it's quite clear he's not even close to playing football right now, mentally or physically.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

 

He looks like his feet are cemented in molasses and his hands are dripping with Parkay margarine.  Dude fumbled the ball THREE times in the game and was fortunate the first two were recovered.  

But that third one......just damn OUCH......the game was all but secured for the win if he could hold on to the ball.

As you said, it's quite clear he's not even close to playing football right now, mentally or physically.

 

Doesn't look good at all, I agree. But the majority of blame has to be put on the OL injuries. Chargers lost their 4th starter yesterday, idk if Feeney returned or not.

Gordon runs very hard, but their OL gets driven backwards on every play, defenders hitting the RB in the backfield. Nothing you can do about that. At least he is their go-to RZ rusher and the Chargers traditionally like to run it down there. But first OL must get healthier to have a chance. Pouncey is done for season unfortunately. When will the other missing OL return?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, frog34 said:

Doesn't look good at all, I agree. But the majority of blame has to be put on the OL injuries. Chargers lost their 4th starter yesterday, idk if Feeney returned or not.

Gordon runs very hard, but their OL gets driven backwards on every play, defenders hitting the RB in the backfield. Nothing you can do about that. At least he is their go-to RZ rusher and the Chargers traditionally like to run it down there. But first OL must get healthier to have a chance. Pouncey is done for season unfortunately. When will the other missing OL return?


The O line fumbled the ball 3 times- blowing the game?    

Nothing you can do about that 🤭 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping for Conner/DJ value, expecting Carson/Henry/Mack numbers, now he’s like on the Peyton Barber level. League loser. Who can we even get for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve-O said:

Was hoping for Conner/DJ value, expecting Carson/Henry/Mack numbers, now he’s like on the Peyton Barber level. League loser. Who can we even get for him?

 

To be fair, he did give you Conner/DJ value this week.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

He looks like a guy that missed all of camp and preseason. Obviously he’s no Zeke. At least Zeke trained while holding out. Melvin looks like trash. People blame the O-line, but I just don’t buy it. 

There's not a whole lot to "buy."

Their line is missing the left tackle, center and Forest Lamp got hurt again yesterday too.

Ekeler's value is being driven by the passing game.  They can't run the ball worth squat because they got ham and Eggers out there run blocking.

This isn't to say Gordon is faultless, obviously the fumble was a back breaker.  But with the line being as it is they are gonna need some guys to step up big time in order to run the ball on anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys have no patience. Everyone has bad games. Gordon's going to explode against the weak Bear's defense.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

You guys have no patience. Everyone has bad games. Gordon's going to explode against the weak Bear's defense.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theSPANKER said:

 

giphy.gif

How I'm going to feel after he fumbles away my playoff chances like he's doing to his team and his next big contract.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

You guys have no patience. Everyone has bad games. Gordon's going to explode against the weak Bear's defense.

I'm watching the Bears defense the past couple weeks like Sam Jackson talking to DeNiro in the car in Jackie Brown.

"WTF happened to you man?  Your () used to be beautiful."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

You guys have no patience. Everyone has bad games. Gordon's going to explode against the weak Bear's defense.

 

errrrr, ok ...

'cept for these juicy nuggets:

 

Payton/Gruden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lynn (and it's really not even that close, i just didn't wanna inundate the thread with more of these >>>> thingys).

 

Saints/Raiders o-lines >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chargers o-line (see above about the thingys).

 

outside of that, sure ... it's exactly the same as past two Chicago opponents.  

 

 

 

... unless, of course, you were trolling - in which case 🤠

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol

 

why do contract hold outs affect rbs whether or not they have a new contract?

i will always remember chris johnson hold out. leveon have not done much. and now melvin....

just to name a few

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

lol

 

why do contract hold outs affect rbs whether or not they have a new contract?

i will always remember chris johnson hold out. leveon have not done much. and now melvin....

just to name a few

Losing reps in practice for any reason is no bueno.

Then again...

Image result for zeke gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Losing reps in practice for any reason is no bueno.

Then again...

Image result for zeke gif

 

L'ev also ... held out summer '17, came in right prior to week one ... had a clunker vs the Browns in the opener, but then went on to amass over 1,900 total yds and 12 TDs over the balance of the year

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How I wish I would have traded this guy for a bag of footballs.  Only thing to do now is hold in hopes that things turn around.

 

This guy needs a spark, needs to make something happen.  Sitting out has shown how far behind he is now and Ekeler making all the plays.  Some bad decisions happened here, and that includes me owning this guy.  I stuck with this guy for years through the tough times but this might be the end of the "road" as we know it....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...