Sign in to follow this  
bmz0709

Looking for Roto League Winning Totals

I'm playing in a 15 team 6x6 roto league for the first team this year, as i'm normally a H2H cats guy. I understand in roto one of the biggest differences in team building strategy is you shouldn't punt any categories. I've been looking online in an attempt to find some solid information on what my goals should be for totals in each category, but am having trouble finding data for 2018 averages. Does anyone know a website that offers some solid information on this?

Thanks

I would post this question in the Fantasy Baseball Resources thread.  It is located just at the bottom of this page.  You might want to 1) Scroll through that thread from the beginning to see if anyone has posted about it and 2) If you don't see anything useful, then pose this question.  But putting this post in the proper area will help you get more useful answers.  You can also search the forums using certain keywords that might hit on roto league information.  Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, bmz0709 said:

I'm playing in a 15 team 6x6 roto league for the first team this year, as i'm normally a H2H cats guy. I understand in roto one of the biggest differences in team building strategy is you shouldn't punt any categories. I've been looking online in an attempt to find some solid information on what my goals should be for totals in each category, but am having trouble finding data for 2018 averages. Does anyone know a website that offers some solid information on this?

Thanks

How many active hitters?  In our traditional roto lineup league here are some totals:

Our league is 13-teams, I usually look at 3rd overall in each category as it usually removes some of the outliers, someone undoubtedly builds their roster to win and dominate a particular category and so you see crazy things like winning steals by 80 or something.

HR 326 was 3rd, this has really shot up as you can imagine, in 2015 3rd was 292 and in 2012 it was 286.  300 was always a magic number for winning that category, now 300 is lucky to get you top 5. 

HR increase has not really changed Runs Scored - in 2012 it was 1035 runs, in 2015 it was 1011 and last year 3rd was 1022.  

RBI similar to runs in 2012 3rd was 1089, last year it was 1087.  

SB have really dropped - in 2012 3rd was 171 last year it was 130, 2015 was 152.  

AVG has also dropped last year .265 got you 3rd out of 13 teams. 

Pitching

K's right around 1400, which you think which like HR are up, 1360 was 3rd place in 2012, but 3rd in 2015 was 1416 so was actually higher. 

WHIP want to be under 1.20 but above 1.15 is right around where 3rd place has been.  1.18 was 3rd last year, it was 1.19 in 2012 and 1.16 in 2015

Saves were down last year 82, but that was kind of an outlier, usually 3rd has been in the low to mid 90's. 

Not 100% sure on wins, we switched to qualtiy starts plus wins, last year we did wins was 2014 3rd was 95, 2012 it was 101. 

ERA has not shifted a huge amount, if you can be somewhere in the high 3.4's that is likely good enough to be top 2-4. 

• Thanks 1