Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Jose Ramirez 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, phillyphan21 said:

You think he would still go in the first round? Maybe roto where streakiness doesn't matter as much, but h2h I wouldn't touch him first few rounds. In a sport where streaks are the default JRam is possibly the streakiest of all. And his streaks, both the good and bad, are long and extreme.

Sure, as someone who has owned him you say that. But next season, when people are looking at Jram 30/30 last year, and 20/30 this year... hes going to be hard to pass on. 

A lot probably depends on how hot he stays the rest of the year.... but my guess is he remains scorching. 

4 hours ago, Dislimb said:

There were laughing/gloating/call out posts, but they’ve been deleted. If I wasn’t personally called out and tagged in this thread yesterday, I wouldn’t have even posted.

I sincerely didn’t even know he has been as hot as he’s been for the last month until yesterday. I have zero shares of him this year (price was way too high IMO, but I’ve gone over this plenty) but have owned and enjoyed having him on several of my teams in the past couple of seasons. He’s always been a VERY streaky player, for better or for worse.

All I’m saying at this point is that no matter how he performs ROS it would not justify the cost of drafting him. I don’t think that’s a very hot take at this stage at all.

Jose Ramirez OPS now stands at .744 after today...When comments are made such as this, with laughing emoji’s and all, one has to expect that someone is going to call you on it down the road when that player turns it around. This is an online forum after all and we all know the internet doesn’t forget.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

[...]

.327/,346/.713 last 30 days with 8 HR and 5 SB over 101 ABs with 18 R and 25 RBIs.  Depending on scoring system, as high as #1 hitter over that time.  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed GDT content
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

2 HR so far in the double header.  

.327/,346/.713 last 30 days with 8 HR and 5 SB over 101 ABs with 18 R and 25 RBIs.  Depending on scoring system, as high as #1 hitter over that time.  

think he cant still end up a 20/30 player and hit 260.  where would that rank him 5x5?

edit: realistically he could end up more like 24/30

Edited by jfazz23

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

think he cant still end up a 20/30 player and hit 260.  where would that rank him 5x5?

edit: realistically he could end up more like 24/30

8 home runs and 7 steals in 48 games is doable for this version of Jose Ramirez. Honestly he might end up with more than that. He is that hot right now. Its possible he ends the year as an early 2nd round player going into drafts next season or higher depending on how much lighter fluid is dumped on him. Kudos to all the owners who didn't jump ship or bought low.

• Like 3

On 6/30/2019 at 11:22 PM, Dislimb said:

Still waiting for the apologists to chime in when he still has a .650 or lower OPS in another two months and say, “It’s only September!” 🤣

Fair to say that this gentlemen didn’t have the best take.

J-Ram has been the MVP of the second half. Hope the apologists held pat with him, or the savvy owners picked him up at a discount . 

• Like 2

It's almost amazing at this point, given how horrific and long his slump was, that he has become a top 35 scorer in my league. Over the last two months, 215PA, he's putting up a .318/.363/.621 line with 12HR and 9SB.

Somebody's a little late to the party.  We knew that a while ago. 😉

It's all good though.  Still a reason to celebrate when he hits his first ever Grand Slam, and then a 2-run HR for good measure.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:22 PM, Dislimb said:

Still waiting for the apologists to chime in when he still has a .650 or lower OPS in another two months and say, “It’s only September!” 🤣

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

"You know bro! Home run pitch."

The Evil Hamster has been insane lately. Hopefully moves into 2020 and beyond. 

Edited by MathieuVirtuoso

On 6/30/2019 at 10:22 PM, Dislimb said:

On 7/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, Dislimb said:

There were laughing/gloating/call out posts, but they’ve been deleted. If I wasn’t personally called out and tagged in this thread yesterday, I wouldn’t have even posted.

I sincerely didn’t even know he has been as hot as he’s been for the last month until yesterday. I have zero shares of him this year (price was way too high IMO, but I’ve gone over this plenty) but have owned and enjoyed having him on several of my teams in the past couple of seasons. He’s always been a VERY streaky player, for better or for worse.

All I’m saying at this point is that no matter how he performs ROS it would not justify the cost of drafting him. I don’t think that’s a very hot take at this stage at all.

So you complained about gloating/laughing/call-out posts after what you posted on June 30 (quoted above)? That was the definition of gloating, laughing, and calling out. 

He has a .448 career avg at yankee stadium with 6 home runs and 5 doubles. Should be a fun weekend.

061818_cle_ramirez_eyes_wide.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

[...] One thing to keep in mind is that he'll lose 2B eligibility after this season so next year he'll only be 3B eligible.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Jose Ramirez has crawled back to being the #23 player on the season, incredible 2nd half. 

He's #47 on Yahoo 5x5. Phenomenal climb back up. If he can keep this up ROS, I look forward to seeing where he'll finish. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He's #47 on Yahoo 5x5. Phenomenal climb back up. If he can keep this up ROS, I look forward to seeing where he'll finish. 

This is not an endorsement on playing in ESPN rather than yahoo at all, but the Yahoo player rater should NOT be used over the ESPN one. @tonycpsu went into detail about it years ago, and I have bookmarked the post and will keep bringing it up.  I also constantly hear the ESPN player rater used on non ESPN fantasy podcasts, and nobody ever cite yahoo. 

Jose Ramirez is the number 23 player, or super close to that, not 47. At 23 and rising, he is no longer a bust. Certainly players you rather have than him at the #3 pick, but he isn't costing anyone their season in roto if they stayed pat, and if they made good picks outside of him in h2h, he seems great for the h2h playoffs.

This is of course for 5x5.  His 24 or so steals have made him elite in that category for 2019.  I'd recommend anyone reading the post below from 2017 for further reading on the player rater.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brockpapersizer said:

This is not an endorsement on playing in ESPN rather than yahoo at all, but the Yahoo player rater should NOT be used over the ESPN one. @tonycpsu went into detail about it years ago, and I have bookmarked the post and will keep bringing it up.

Jose Ramirez is the number 23 player, or super close to that, not 47. At 23 and rising, he is no longer a bust. Certainly players you rather have than him at the #3 pick, but he isn't costing anyone their season in roto if they stayed pat, and if they made good picks outside of him in h2h, he seems great for the h2h playoffs.

I really don't care who thinks which player rater is better, especially certain posters. I don't use either one for anything. I was just curious where he ranked in my league when I saw what you posted. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

I really don't care who thinks which player rater is better, especially certain posters. I don't use either one for anything. I was just curious where he ranked in my league when I saw what you posted. 

If your league is 5x5, he's approx the 24th most valuable player on the season, not 47. It's math, not opinion. 

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Haha 1