Sign in to follow this  
jfazz23

Jose Ramirez 2019 Outlook

44 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

For the first half of the season I was in 1st of 16. I've been in 2nd since then. Yes, ramirez totally ruined my season. Anyone whose owned him over the past few years knows that he doesn't get hot for weeks at a time, rather, months. It was a forced hold situation with or without the steals. Is this guy seriously arguing over why people kept JoRam and didn't trade him for pennies or flat out drop him? He walks almost as much as he strikes out. He has nearly as many xbh as strikeouts. He's 30/30 kind of guy. He's what? 26? On a team that probably wins the division. Quit hating.

Apparently he gets really, really, really, really cold for months at a time too.

I didn't realize that I also had to inform some of you that you don't drop a top 5 overall pick 6-12 weeks into the season. I figured that was automatically understood which is why he was a terrible first round pick this season. And I'm sure his first three months of this season will be heavily discussed in his 2020 thread when we discuss where he should be in the rankings. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Apparently he gets really, really, really, really cold for months at a time too.

I didn't realize that I also had to inform some of you that you don't drop a top 5 overall pick 6-12 weeks into the season. I figured that was automatically understood which is why he was a terrible first round pick this season. And I'm sure his first three months of this season will be heavily discussed in his 2020 thread when we discuss where he should be in the rankings. 

Then why r u bashing people that held onto him? He's a full 5 category threat every year. On my current team we had 7 keepers. I never once regretted it, and never made a trade offer past talking to a Cleveland fan to gauge interest. I'll be keeping him again. Ramirez is on a list of what, 3 or 4 players capable of 30/30? You can pencil him in for late first/maybe early 2nd. Only way you win this argument is if JoRam doesn't hit 30/30. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

n. I figured that was automatically understood which is why he was a terrible first round pick this season. 

Currently the #22 hitter on the season. Not a terrible first round pick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

if you took joe ram in the early to mid first he didnt lose you your roto, and he may help you win your h2h playoffs

14 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Still pretty bad overall considering he's in the mid 40's overall.  Not killing your team bad, but definitely isn't what was expected.  He's performing at around a 4th round level currently.  In leagues with average and OBP he's the 39th hitter, and around 70th overall.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

Still pretty bad overall considering he's in the mid 40's overall.  Not killing your team bad, but definitely isn't what was expected.  He's performing at around a 4th round level currently.  In leagues with average and OBP he's the 39th hitter, and around 70th overall.  

Yes he has obviously underperformed his ADP.  No doubt about it. Yelich, Acuna, etc were a much better picks, That being said, not killing you and not difficult to "make up" with good picks or pickups.  As I stated originally, not a terrible pick at the moment.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone have any updates on his injury?? His Yahoo update seems ominous... please be ok sweet prince.. :( 

18 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Anyone have any updates on his injury?? His Yahoo update seems ominous... please be ok sweet prince.. :( 

Nothing yet, but it looks like he could potentially be out for weeks.

3 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Nothing yet, but it looks like he could potentially be out for weeks.

Where are you hearing this?

24 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

Where are you hearing this?

I have not read anything that he will miss 'weeks', but he did have an MRI and MLB.com is reporting that he 'may' land on the IL.  Francona noted that they wanted more 'eyes' on the MRI results.  Sounds like it might be something that sends him to the IL, but it's still not clear, and if he does, for how long remains to be seen.

Posted (edited)

Fractured hamate. 

Edited by Sonny_D

Posted (edited)

He's not the first person to do something like that, but how you can break a bone in your hand swinging, I don't know.  I know his swing is pretty violent, but damn.

Well, that's all folks on some seasons since I'm sure he's been carrying teams like mine...

Edited by KilloWertz

1 hour ago, BigPapi44 said:

I have not read anything that he will miss 'weeks', but he did have an MRI and MLB.com is reporting that he 'may' land on the IL.  Francona noted that they wanted more 'eyes' on the MRI results.  Sounds like it might be something that sends him to the IL, but it's still not clear, and if he does, for how long remains to be seen.

49 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Fractured hamate. 

There you go. 4-6 weeks is a normal recovery time. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, treyjuice said:

Who gets his ABs in Cleveland? 

Yu Chang

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

He's not the first person to do something like that, but how you can break a bone in your hand swinging, I don't know.  I know his swing is pretty violent, but damn.

I read that his wrist has been sore for some time prior to the game, just like Gallo.

This is one of my worst fantasy heartbreaks to date. At least he redeemed himself for his horrendous start, but man this one hurts.

Isn’t this the exact same thing judge had last year? Was out 7 weeks and was pretty bad after he returned.

It usually takes time for the power to return after this type of injury.  Hoping they just shut him down and he returns healthy for ST next year.  While he's likely out of the discussion as a first rounder, I would be happy to land him in the 15-20 range.

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Yu Chang

Mike Freeman will get the first crack at the hot corner. He's actually been playing pretty well of late

See ya Jose. Heal up for next year. You blessed my team for a solid month after trading for you and for that beers on me bro.

1 hour ago, treyjuice said:

Who gets his ABs in Cleveland? 

Freeman on the strong side of the platoon with Chang. 

There's only 5 weeks left in the season, he ain't coming back this year

2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

It usually takes time for the power to return after this type of injury.  Hoping they just shut him down and he returns healthy for ST next year.  While he's likely out of the discussion as a first rounder, I would be happy to land him in the 15-20 range.

H2H or Roto? He's quite possibly the streakiest player I've ever seen, or at least the streakiest good player. The guy either looks like a top five player or barely top 300 player, no in between. I'd probably draft him where he goes in ROTO and stay far away in H2H. 

10 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Isn’t this the exact same thing judge had last year? Was out 7 weeks and was pretty bad after he returned.

At this point in the season, it really doesn't matter a whole lot.  He has no time left to be bad if that is the case with this type of injury, at least for fantasy purposes.  If he's able to return for the playoffs and is bad, it sucks for Cleveland, but that's about it.