Sign in to follow this  
kmoore1521

2019 Fantasy Football Platform Discussion

FYI ESPN fantasy baseball just opened, and they went to the terrible Basketball format as well, so it is probably coming to football next year ugh, make pans to switch sites ahead of time

cant fix stupid @ ESPN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMO its worth getting the league to pony up an extra $5-$8 or so for each player to use MFL.com. Its light years better for a serious league. I still like NFL.com as a free offering for something like a work league with little or no buy in. 

On 1/15/2019 at 9:10 AM, kmoore1521 said:

FYI ESPN fantasy baseball just opened, and they went to the terrible Basketball format as well, so it is probably coming to football next year ugh, make pans to switch sites ahead of time

cant fix stupid @ ESPN

I don't play other fantasy sports..can you explain what is different about the new format, and why its garbage?

I have my league on ESPN...and trying to get everyone to go along with small changes is a huge pain...completely switching sites might be almost impossible, so I want to brace for what is coming.

22 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

I don't play other fantasy sports..can you explain what is different about the new format, and why its garbage?

I have my league on ESPN...and trying to get everyone to go along with small changes is a huge pain...completely switching sites might be almost impossible, so I want to brace for what is coming.

If youve ever used the App, its that exact format, theres now a bar right below the usual ESPN tab bar (at the very top of the screen to where if you scroll it stays at the top the screen with the ESPN logo - NFL - NBA - MLB etc bar) that now has the players, my team, league home tabs etc that you use

you cannot edit the league message board as of now ( i havent figured out how to at least)

the site overall takes longer to load on laptops, PC, phone browser for some reason

and you lose any league messages from past years (if you did offline drafts or have pick trades)

and just overall everything looks different down to the way each button looks, best way to describe is look what the ESPN fantasy app looks like

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

Everything @kmoore1521 said is spot on. Here is a link from the Basketball league finder http://fantasy.espn.com/basketball/league?leagueId=24031370 to take a look around.

We made the switch from ESPN to Sleeper this past year and not looking back. Sleeper is easily the best of the platforms I have used with Yahoo easily being the worst.

Edited by ThreadKiller

From my experience, I can endorse CBS. We pay $15 per person each year, and it is well worth it. My main league is a long-running keeper (since 2006), and CBS has a terrific history section, including prior records, team histories, message board archives, yearly draft results & transaction logs, and a league record book. The customizable scoring options are quite comprehensive. The options for sorting through player stats for both the current and prior seasons are terrific. And the live scoring is top-notch. 

After 9 years, we did move to Yahoo in 2015 because it was free and some of the owners wanted to give it a try. We got what we paid for...a poor platform in our opinion, after which we went right back to CBS in 2016 (and we've stayed there since). 

The one thing that CBS does not do, which some other platforms provide, is a regular report for all FAAB bids (rather than just the winning bid). You can get the report by contacting them in their help section, but it is a pain to go through doing that each week. 

I do play on Yahoo for one lower-priority league, and overall, CBS blows Yahoo away IMO. I also have heard many poor things about ESPN from those that have played it over the years. 

On 1/17/2019 at 8:17 PM, ThreadKiller said:

We made the switch from ESPN to Sleeper this past year and not looking back. Sleeper is easily the best of the platforms I have used with Yahoo easily being the worst.

I'm always curious why people think one platform is superior to another.  I have played on both Yahoo and ESPN, and I found Yahoo to be just fine and serviced our league well.  I found ESPN to be a little confusing, but that's likely because I was already used to Yahoo.  Why is Yahoo "easily being the worst"?  What about the Yahoo platform or the functionality makes it a poor choice for a league?  Serious question, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I think the Yahoo app is functional, and I think the desktop site is perfectly good as well.  But again, maybe it's just what I'm comfortable with.

13 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'm always curious why people think one platform is superior to another.  I have played on both Yahoo and ESPN, and I found Yahoo to be just fine and serviced our league well.  I found ESPN to be a little confusing, but that's likely because I was already used to Yahoo.  Why is Yahoo "easily being the worst"?  What about the Yahoo platform or the functionality makes it a poor choice for a league?  Serious question, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I think the Yahoo app is functional, and I think the desktop site is perfectly good as well.  But again, maybe it's just what I'm comfortable with.

Everything is subjective. I feel like that’s pretty clear in this thread with so many opinions flowing.

To me Yahoo seems a bit “juvenile” looking aesthetically and the ads are overwhelming. There is simply just to much clutter on their platform. To me, the simpleness of ESPN or Sleeper makes them superior.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 11:17 PM, ThreadKiller said:

This is the first time I heard of Sleeper. Cost anything? Baseball? 

I need to do a search 

Our dynasty league switched to Sleeper from Flea Flicker. I really like it. The app is excellent. 

• Like 1

Does anyone use the NFL platform? It's all I've used in four years (minus one league one year on ESPN) and I dont have any issues with it.

5 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Does anyone use the NFL platform? It's all I've used in four years (minus one league one year on ESPN) and I dont have any issues with it.

My league has been on NFL.com for 10 years now before that we used TheSportingNews Fantasy (No longer exists for fantasy)

23 hours ago, shakestreet said:

This is the first time I heard of Sleeper. Cost anything? Baseball? 

I need to do a search 

I’ve used the sleeper app for a few years for news, the leagues look like they have some interesting features.  

For my main league we use NFL.com which offers everything we need including a detailed history.

Looking into keeper stuff rn and I'm not sure NFL.com can offer what we were thinking of, but we will see if the league even fully wants keeper.

On 1/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, Corleone said:

From my experience, I can endorse CBS. We pay $15 per person each year, and it is well worth it. My main league is a long-running keeper (since 2006), and CBS has a terrific history section, including prior records, team histories, message board archives, yearly draft results & transaction logs, and a league record book. The customizable scoring options are quite comprehensive. The options for sorting through player stats for both the current and prior seasons are terrific. And the live scoring is top-notch. 

After 9 years, we did move to Yahoo in 2015 because it was free and some of the owners wanted to give it a try. We got what we paid for...a poor platform in our opinion, after which we went right back to CBS in 2016 (and we've stayed there since). 

The one thing that CBS does not do, which some other platforms provide, is a regular report for all FAAB bids (rather than just the winning bid). You can get the report by contacting them in their help section, but it is a pain to go through doing that each week. 

I do play on Yahoo for one lower-priority league, and overall, CBS blows Yahoo away IMO. I also have heard many poor things about ESPN from those that have played it over the years. 

It's mind boggling to me that people pay money for that CBS product. My baseball league uses it just because it has been on there for 15 years, but it is a complete waste of money.

I'm team Yahoo 100%

Also, what the hell is Sleeper? I'm out of the loop

Yep football opened and just as i thought, ESPN went with the terrible format just like baseball and basketball.........sigh

On 1/18/2019 at 7:28 AM, Corleone said:

I'm in a long term CBS league as well.  While I think it's great on a desktop, I hate the mobile app.   Compared to Yahoo, it seems cumbersome.

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of the new Rotoworld format. 

Too much white. I'm going blind … which might be a good thing after last season right Jordan Howard?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Too much white. I'm going blind … which might be a good thing after last season right Jordan Howard?

SnowBeast is quite accustomed to seeing white - it’s his native habitat.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:00 PM, ThreadKiller said:

Everything is subjective. I feel like that’s pretty clear in this thread with so many opinions flowing.

To me Yahoo seems a bit “juvenile” looking aesthetically and the ads are overwhelming. There is simply just to much clutter on their platform. To me, the simpleness of ESPN or Sleeper makes them superior.

You're right..it's all subjective. I loathe ESPN and CBS, and Yahoo has always been my favorite. I've never used Sleeper. 

On 2/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, FreakFries said:

Don't you damn besmirch SnowBeast.   Don't you damn do it.

• Haha 1