Sign in to follow this  
kmoore1521

2019 Fantasy Football Platform Discussion

On 2/13/2019 at 8:34 AM, dmb3684 said:

It's mind boggling to me that people pay money for that CBS product. My baseball league uses it just because it has been on there for 15 years, but it is a complete waste of money.

I'm team Yahoo 100%

It's mind-boggling to me that anyone is on team Yahoo. As they say in life, you get what you pay for...and in the case of Yahoo, you get free garbage. But to each their own. 

This is also my first time on these forums since the RW change, and count me as one who is not a fan at all. 

Edited by Corleone

On 2/13/2019 at 11:24 AM, K197040 said:

I'm in a long term CBS league as well.  While I think it's great on a desktop, I hate the mobile app.   Compared to Yahoo, it seems cumbersome.

I pretty much agree. I primarily use a laptop for fantasy, and I love CBS via that format. It is more cumbersome on my phone though. 

I don't like Yahoo in any format though :) 

Not a big fan of the ESPN changes. Reminds me of the Yahoo format, which I dislike.

Every CBS league I've heard of has just been CBS a long time and they don't want to switch/lose stats. Nobody chooses it to start a league because it is a waste of money. If you are gonna take money out of the pot, at least use MFL.

6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Every CBS league I've heard of has just been CBS a long time and they don't want to switch/lose stats. Nobody chooses it to start a league because it is a waste of money. If you are gonna take money out of the pot, at least use MFL.

Free is nice...if free is good. Many people don't find Yahoo good. To each their own. You seem very upset that some people use CBS, even though you claim it is "no sweat off your back". 

I pay $15 a season for CBS. If one cannot afford $15 for a fantasy sport that spans several months, they probably shouldn't be purchasing Internet access or a cell phone. 

20 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Free is nice...if free is good. Many people don't find Yahoo good. To each their own. You seem very upset that some people use CBS, even though you claim it is "no sweat off your back". 

I pay $15 a season for CBS. If one cannot afford $15 for a fantasy sport that spans several months, they probably shouldn't be purchasing Internet access or a cell phone. 

In our league, the last place finisher has to pay the full league fee for the next year.  Which seems to solve the problem about managers not managing at the end.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, K197040 said:

In our league, the last place finisher has to pay the full league fee for the next year.  Which seems to solve the problem about managers not managing at the end.

I like that. We have it where last place has to submit payment to CBS and handle certain commish duties (including managing payouts at season's end), but we all pay our $15 per person to last place for him making the payment (versus him paying the full CBS fee himself). Though I might throw that out as a suggestion for future years...

Edited by Corleone

More money in the pot is significantly more important to me than site aesthetics. As long as I can draft and make transactions fairly easy, I'm good with whatever 

• Like 2

I liked the ESPN auction format, although it was a bit glitchy for us last fall.  That could have been a wi-fi issue or a device issue, though.

CBS is trash. Used it once a few years back and it was the worst platform I’ve ever seen. Their customer service was good though. I’ll give them that. 

Our league currently uses My Fantasy League, its a great site but some of the owners complain that some things like the waiver claim process is a bit too complicated.   We dont mind paying like 80-120 for the season, so like up to $10 per team.  

* Decimal Scoring

* Waiver process that has both FAAB and then a FCFS like from Wed to kickoff.  

* Customize playoff schedule, we do a bottom 6 tourney for the top pick the following season

* potential for creative scheduling, we are discussing some sort of head to head but also some sort of play all.  Like top 6 each week get win bottom 6 get loss plus your regular head to head matchup. 

Any suggestions/experiences out there?  My other league does Yahoo, I cant stand it.  Waivers seem limited, trades are too inconsistent in how they are processed.  

Edited by parrothead
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 3:00 PM, dmb3684 said:

More money in the pot is significantly more important to me than site aesthetics. As long as I can draft and make transactions fairly easy, I'm good with whatever 

YEah same here. And they have to have a phone app

• Like 1

I've seen many people choose Yahoo over any other platform to join a random league where money is involved. Especially last year when they introduced the first 1,000 buy in.

On 2/14/2019 at 1:17 PM, Corleone said:

It's mind-boggling to me that anyone is on team Yahoo. As they say in life, you get what you pay for...and in the case of Yahoo, you get free garbage. But to each their own. 

This is also my first time on these forums since the RW change, and count me as one who is not a fan at all. 

It’s just as mind-boggling to me that anyone would be on team CBS, especially to pay for it. I’m in both, and I’ll take Yahoo everytime...and it’s not even close. I hate CBS’s format. I like Yahoo’s free garbage more than CBS’s paid-for garbage. But like you said, to each his own. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

It’s just as mind-boggling to me that anyone would be on team CBS, especially to pay for it. I’m in both, and I’ll take Yahoo everytime...and it’s not even close. I hate CBS’s format. I like Yahoo’s free garbage more than CBS’s paid-for garbage. But like you said, to each his own. 

So one of my two main leagues does Yahoo, here are my big two complaints and curious if these are things my commish just has the settings wrong or its not an option with Yahoo.

* Waivers - having both FAAB and FCFS - so Bidding on all players like Monday night through Wednesday, those get processed, then from there its FCFS the rest of the week?  The meaningless waivers (kickers/Def) or waiting to see what happens with injury seems to be kind of a pain. 

* Trade process - My guess is this is a setting, trades dont happen immediately upon accepting by other owners, so sometimes if youre doing a trade to fix lineup late in the process you might get the player you might not.  

2 minutes ago, parrothead said:

So one of my two main leagues does Yahoo, here are my big two complaints and curious if these are things my commish just has the settings wrong or its not an option with Yahoo.

* Waivers - having both FAAB and FCFS - so Bidding on all players like Monday night through Wednesday, those get processed, then from there its FCFS the rest of the week?  The meaningless waivers (kickers/Def) or waiting to see what happens with injury seems to be kind of a pain. 

* Trade process - My guess is this is a setting, trades dont happen immediately upon accepting by other owners, so sometimes if youre doing a trade to fix lineup late in the process you might get the player you might not.  

The trade thing is a setting. If your commish wants to push trades through immediately, he should be able to. 

The waivers is Yahoo’s default. Tbh, I’m not sure if that can be changed. 

22 hours ago, parrothead said:

You can change both of those things. They are just settings.