Members_Only_76

D.J. LeMahieu 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

So how soon until DJ is the everyday leadoff hitter?

Should be yesterday.  He’s clearly the best option for leadoff in this lineup.  Right left bent crooked I don’t give 2 craps.  If only reason Gardner is batting leadoff vs RHP is because he’s LEFTY that’s laughable.  He sucks and is finished as a regular in mlb.  He’s 35 coming off a terrible season.  He should be exposed to 350-400 at bats at most at this point.  I can assure you this no manager is altering their bullpen strategy because LEFT HANDED Brett Gardner is leading off with a bunch of righties behind you.  

• Like 1

I’m liking this bet more and more.

DJ provides an element of balance to the both the Yankees’ youth and age and its homerun-hitting strikeout-laden lineup.

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I’m liking this bet more and more.

DJ provides an element of balance to the both the Yankees’ youth and age and its homerun-hitting strikeout-laden lineup.

It would be ironic that injuries to Stanton and Andujar could make the Yankees a better overall team. I actually think DJ at third and Frazier in LF could work out pretty well for them. Especially if Bird finds his way and starts hitting. I'm excited to see how this plays out. As The Yanks Turn...

DJ was going to play most of the time anyway but now he'll be in there everyday.   The idea that the Yankees will be better without 2 of their very best players is utter nonsense. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Andujar MAY need season ending surgery. They'll have a better idea in a couple weeks. Gotta think this is a potentially monstrous boon to DJ's value.

glad I kinda paced my weekly adds with this 2 week long dl filled week 1

DJ needs to be owned in every league 10+ teams

So the Yankees see him as a bottom of the order bat?

7 hours ago, cs3 said:

So the Yankees see him as a bottom of the order bat?

Fwiw the Yanks haven't faced any lefties yet. Gotta believe DJ will be leading off against lefties while Hicks is out.

29 minutes ago, mn0dr said:

Will yahoo and other sites add 3B to his eligibility now? 

To get 3B eligibility he needs 5 games started at 3B to 10 games played.

7 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

To get 3B eligibility he needs 5 games started at 3B to 10 games played.

Yup, you can go to Players -> Position Eligibility and do a search for him; he needs two more games started or seven more games played (at least on Yahoo).

8 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

Yup, you can go to Players -> Position Eligibility and do a search for him; he needs two more games started or seven more games played (at least on Yahoo).

Thanks guys! 

1 minute ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Anyone see the injury? 

Right knee inflammation probably from fouling off his knee the other night.  X-rays negative.

Anyone still holding? Haven’t heard anything about his injury. Thought he would be back today.

11 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Anyone still holding? Haven’t heard anything about his injury. Thought he would be back today.

He was available to PH today. He's expected to start tomorrow.

• Like 1

He's been great leading off and consistently clutch this yankees win streak. But Hick is back and de facto lead off, leaving DJ where? He wasn't even meant to be in lineup today before it rained out.

Thinking of ditching for La Stella (!!!) if he hits 6th or 7th...

Moving out of leadoff spot should only help him.  Minimal speed/power but he can hit.  Just needs more opportunity with people on base.

2 hours ago, IDGAFOS said:

Moving out of leadoff spot should only help him.  Minimal speed/power but he can hit.  Just needs more opportunity with people on base.

I agree with this.  He was also only sitting because he had started 9 straight games after coming back from a knee injury.  Fair to want to give him a day off.

Posted (edited)

Hard to believe DJ leads the Yankees in RBI and runs scored (tied w/ Voit).

So much for the Coors effect.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

Posted (edited)

this is looking like his best season yet. wont be his best average but its still good. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed personal attack.
  • Thanks 1