• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Boudewijn

(Way Too) Early RB Rankings 2019

7 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

Gurley again now confirmed 100% healthy after post-season physical. No damage, no surgery of any kind needed. But of course we knew that - he, McVay, and the Rams organization in official and unofficial reports have substantiated the fact that he has been uninjured for the whole of the playoffs. He had an MRI week 15 that was completely negative(not even a low grade sprain). The only real injury he could have at this point is arthritis, and if that is the case, basically pack up his career it won’t last even 2 years at 50% volume. 

So where does that leave him? He has deteriorated mentally so much that he can no longer catch the ball at all. He had more drops in the playoffs this year than CMC has had over his entire 32 game career. Gurley has 10 total drops on the year. An actually good receiving back in CMC had 1. He also is having such difficulty running the ball that he is getting benched for CJA. 

He is a do not draft for me in the first 1.5 rounds next year. He is easily the biggest elite player in the league due for regression. Luckily I only play dynasty and own him nowhere

There was some visible limping out there on Sunday...maybe he's a hypochondriac.

29 minutes ago, psygolf said:

There was some visible limping out there on Sunday...maybe he's a hypochondriac.

Lmao no there wasn’t.

1 minute ago, elroypedro said:

Lmao no there wasn’t.

Laugh all you want...Jim & Tony commented on it.

I don't remember seeing Gurley limping... is there an article or even a video of it? I haven't found anything 

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I don't remember seeing Gurley limping... is there an article or even a video of it? I haven't found anything 

You not remembering does not matter...the anchors mentioned that it looked like he was favoring his knee when he came back in after staying out for awhile.  Maybe there was nothing to it.

That aside...ask yourself this - how often do players with full 100% health schedule 2 MRIs within a 2 month period?

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

You not remembering does not matter...the anchors mentioned that it looked like he was favoring his knee when he came back in after staying out for awhile.  Maybe there was nothing to it.

That aside...ask yourself this - how often do players with full 100% health schedule 2 MRIs within a 2 month period?

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

You saying the announcers said that does not prove it. Please provide evidence 

8 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. 

You saying the announcers said that does not prove it. Please provide evidence 

There is nothing that needs to be proved...I only mentioned that they "mentioned" it.

If Gurley missing critical time, under-performing, and getting a post-game MRI = 100% health to someone, then I am fine with that assessment.    I'll stay with my opinion.

Just now, psygolf said:

There is nothing that needs to be proved...I only mentioned that they "mentioned" it.

If Gurley missing critical time, under-performing, and getting a post-game MRI = 100% health to someone, then I am fine with that assessment.    I'll stay with my opinion.

No evidence? Par for the course.

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

No evidence? Par for the course.

(yawn)  You're only upset that you were found asking for advice on the "Island of Misfit Toys" (Asst. Coach Forum}...But I tell you what, if I find myself rewatching one of the most boring SB games in recent history, I'll note the minute mark that Jim & Tony noted what they saw in Gurley when he was in the huddle, then let you know.

57 minutes ago, psygolf said:

(yawn)  You're only upset that you were found asking for advice on the "Island of Misfit Toys" (Asst. Coach Forum}...But I tell you what, if I find myself rewatching one of the most boring SB games in recent history, I'll note the minute mark that Jim & Tony noted what they saw in Gurley when he was in the huddle, then let you know.

Wow, I must have struck a nerve lol. Resorting to...personal attacks? i dont even know. 

Have fun trolling the forums though.

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Wow, I must have struck a nerve lol. Resorting to...personal attacks? i dont even know. 

Have fun trolling the forums though.

Look in the mirror Mr. “Par for the course”...you came in hard on a non-issue.

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Look in the mirror Mr. “Par for the course”...you came in hard on a non-issue.

This is what I said not quoting anyone just giving my 2C on what i saw during the game and someone had to come in hard on something not even directed at you with...

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

So then I asked for evidence about them saying it. Youtube? Twitter? ESPN?

Here is my initial quote you went after...

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Good try though

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

This is what I said not quoting anyone just giving my 2C on what i saw during the game and someone had to come in hard on something not even directed at you with...

So then I asked for evidence about them saying it. Youtube? Twitter? ESPN?

Here is my initial quote you went after...

Good try though

You obviously resent that I believe you reached on KJohnson in the 3rd rd of your “too early to draft, help me win the ship” thread on the other forum.

It was just my 2c’s

Edited by psygolf

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Nice overreaction to a legitimate question. Bhawks just wanted to see for himself to make an educated opinion & Psygolf puts him on blast because he didn’t take the quote as gospel. There may be a time where you have a serious question & they come back like a jerk. This is a forum to exchange ideas & information. Grow up

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Nice overreaction to a legitimate question. Bhawks just wanted to see for himself to make an educated opinion & Psygolf puts him on blast because he didn’t take the quote as gospel. There may be a time where you have a serious question & they come back like a jerk. This is a forum to exchange ideas & information. Grow up

I even stated, aside from what I heard the announcers say, that it was a non-issue.  

What we have is a rb the missed time, played poorly, and had 2 MRIs within 2 months.

and somehow there isn’t anything there for pedro or hawk because Gurley said he was healthy.  Which I was also fine with.

(I promise to give the minute on the transcripts when I get around to watching the game again, thanks...thanks a lot)

9 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Grow up

If anyone took this advice they would not be playing ff.

• Haha 1

Kamara

Barkley

Elliott

McCaffrey

Gordon

Conner

Gurley

Chubb

DJ

Fournette

Bell

Mixon

Jones

DWilliams

Lindsay

Mack

Hunt

Michel

Cook

Carson

Henry

Cohen

Guice

McKinnon/Breida

White

Freeman

Miller

Edwards

Drake

KJohnson

• Thanks 1

Not a big fan of Gurley now. Was huge fan out of college... but he put his money in front of winning. Which means he has no future. 

2 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Not a big fan of Gurley now. Was huge fan out of college... but he put his money in front of winning. Which means he has no future. 

Buying into rbs before they cash in their first big contract is not a horrible m.o.

I am Pats fan. For me I would love Kamara. He could be future franchise guy/hall of famer. I'd love to have pats make trade for him. He's like Barry Sanders. Which I believe is all time best and if he had coach like this he would be best RB of all time. We got Kamara... please don't waste his talents like Barry did. 

1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I am Pats fan. For me I would love Kamara. He could be future franchise guy/hall of famer. I'd love to have pats make trade for him. He's like Barry Sanders. Which I believe is all time best and if he had coach like this he would be best RB of all time. We got Kamara... please don't waste his talents like Barry did. 

Barry was a much tougher runner

The overreaction to downgrade Gurley is crazy. Dude was limited or McVay is an idiot for not using in Super Bowl which isn’t true. Worse case he is 1.03 (zeke, Barkley). 

14 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Joe Mixon top Rb next year.

With the current fantasypros.com rankings in a 16 team league I could go Mixon on 13th and DJ on 20th and I'd feel veeeeeeeeeeeeeery goooooood about that.

5 hours ago, Tread_Lightly said:

The overreaction to downgrade Gurley is crazy. Dude was limited or McVay is an idiot for not using in Super Bowl which isn’t true. Worse case he is 1.03 (zeke, Barkley). 

Agreed