• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Boudewijn

(Way Too) Early RB Rankings 2019

33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Funny how the Ravens didnt have the best  defense UNTIL Flacco got injured.  Ball control offense, firld position and time of possession significantly help defenses . 

Remember how dominant that jacksonville defense was until . . THE OFFENSE fell apart?:)

Balt gave up 13.6 points per game in 9 weeks with Flacco and 17.7 in games started by Jackson.  Yes they had possibly the best defense all year.  Try again:blink:

Edited by youngrice
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

So you will keep responding to posts I make that don't talk about CMC's production or value so you can state he is undervalued . . anyway? :lol:

That’s the campaign plan.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Balt gave up 13.6 points per game in 9 weeks with Flacco and 17.7 in games started by Jackson.  Yes they had possibly the best defense all year.  Try again:blink:

Nice...I do enjoy when one gets checked against the boards.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

If James Conner is Steelers RB1 is he above tier 3?

I‘m not sure what will happen with Conner. Yeah, he is in one of the (fantasy)strongest offense, but how will this offense look if AB leaves? Was his high workload in the beginning of the season a hint about the future of a clapback from Tomlin to Bell à la „everyone can do it“. Above tier 3 - I dont know, but ranking them inside this tier is really hard, so maybe he will be a top 8-10 (RB) pick.

21 hours ago, boshink said:

Bell in tier 2

We know nothing about Bells landing spot and it mainly will depend on that. Auf it‘s the ravens or the texans I maybe could see him in tier 2/3, but we will see.

Good year to go Wr-Wr if you find yourself in the back half of a draft.

Joined a 12 team ppr best ball just to see where everyone is falling. (I dont trust the free ones)

Heres is how the draft for RBs is going so far.

Player Position Selected
Barkley RB 1
Elliot RB 2
Gurley RB 3
Kamara RB 4
McCaffrey RB 5
Chubb RB 6
Gordon RB 7
Mixon RB 10
Conner RB 12
Bell RB 13
David Johnson RB 17
D. Williams RB 18
D. Cook RB 20

5 hours ago, roughnecker101 said:

1. Barkley 

2. Eliott

3. Gordon

4. CmC

5. Chubb

6. Kamara

7. Conner

8. Gurley

9. Mixon

10. Johnson

Would this make Gurley a second round pick in a 10er? 

I'd pick Hopkins+Gurley and win that league lol

10 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Joined a 12 team ppr best ball just to see where everyone is falling. (I dont trust the free ones)

Player Position Selected
Barkley RB 1
Elliot RB 2
Gurley RB 3
Kamara RB 4
McCaffrey RB 5
Chubb RB 6
Gordon RB 7
Mixon RB 10
Conner RB 12
Bell RB 13
David Johnson RB 17
D. Williams RB 18
D. Cook RB 20

As of now, Damien Williams at 18 would be a steal. If I can say im starting my season with Gurley, Williams and 23 grab Guice or Sony I would feel unstoppable until contact starts in the NFL

3 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

As of now, Damien Williams at 18 would be a steal. If I can say im starting my season with Gurley, Williams and 23 grab Guice or Sony I would feel unstoppable until contact starts in the NFL

Eh, not really.

It depends on how you view it. There's not a lot of depth at RB this year in the draft but if Chiefs draft a guy like Harris, Williams, Hills, Love, Singletary, and etc it can make it a complete waste of a pick. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Chiefs spend a 3rd round pick at a back. Williams isn't that great of a back so I also wouldn't be surprised if the rookie was starting week 1. So taking Williams at 18 isn't a steal. It's an extremely high-risk pick. Sure, if he goes into the season as a starter without much competition it's a good pick but that isn't that likely to happen.

39 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Eh, not really.

It depends on how you view it. There's not a lot of depth at RB this year in the draft but if Chiefs draft a guy like Harris, Williams, Hills, Love, Singletary, and etc it can make it a complete waste of a pick. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Chiefs spend a 3rd round pick at a back. Williams isn't that great of a back so I also wouldn't be surprised if the rookie was starting week 1. So taking Williams at 18 isn't a steal. It's an extremely high-risk pick. Sure, if he goes into the season as a starter without much competition it's a good pick but that isn't that likely to happen.

Im viewing this pick as of 01 Feb, so I see it as a great pick. I still think they could select Harris or Jacobs at the end of the 1st or maybe trade up in the 2nd. Its hard to believe they fully don't trust him though, given he was just extended.

8 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Im viewing this pick as of 01 Feb, so I see it as a great pick. I still think they could select Harris or Jacobs at the end of the 1st or maybe trade up in the 2nd. Its hard to believe they fully don't trust him though, given he was just extended.

Duke was extended on the browns and they barely used him so i wouldnt put much faith in the contract extension which was given going into the playofs and is only $8mm indicating Damien will be the starter, they probably wanted to lock him in before the impending Bell driven FA market reset prices.

I'm not touching a kc rb until TC starts and i see those initial beat reports

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Duke was extended on the browns and they barely used him so i wouldnt put much faith in the contract extension which was given going into the playofs and is only $8mm indicating Damien will be the starter, they probably wanted to lock him in before the impending Bell driven FA market reset prices.

I'm not touching a kc rb until TC starts and i see those initial beat reports

He's back end round 2 right now. If info comes out he's the starter in TC the price will surely be round 1, no?

Probably best to jump in an early draft if you want to take the risk and take him.

i wouldn't but it would be better to pair Williams with a Gurley/CMC/Kamara/Elliot Barkley then someone in round 2

Edited by bhawks489

39 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Viewing the pick as of now without taking into account possible future outcomes makes absolutely zero sense. 

17 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Player Position Selected
Barkley RB 1
Elliot RB 2
Gurley RB 3
Kamara RB 4
McCaffrey RB 5
Chubb RB 6
Gordon RB 7
Mixon RB 10
Conner RB 12
Bell RB 13
David Johnson RB 17
D. Williams RB 18
D. Cook RB 20

Grab Guice, great 3rd rd pick that could break the top 10.

Speaking of which, what is the temperature from everyone on Guice?

13 minutes ago, slickthesmart1 said:

Like warm. Unproven coming off a knee injury...

I might take a chance in the fourth (12 teamer) depending how the first 3 rounds go

17 minutes ago, slickthesmart1 said:

3rd rd on a rb who never played, back from a season ending knee injury and Thompson in the wings, do they even have a QB in place?

Pass.

The redskins don't even have a wr goup worth owning.

Guice would have to show some real sizzle in preseason

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, slickthesmart1 said:

I fade RBs coming off of surgery or major injury.  I don't have stats to back this up but it seems they're more susceptible to overcompensate and pull something coming back.  Dalvin Cook a prime example this year.

That said, Guice is a stud behind a great OL and he's going to get lots of volume.  Lack of QB and WR are all valid points, but David Johnson with volume behind a bad OL on a bad offense was still top ten.  Volume is king.  So Guice isn't DND for me.  Just fading him behind Henry and Mack, in front of McKinnon, as a 3rd round pick in standard, 4th in any ppr format.

I'm not worried about Chris Thompson at all.  Dude's made of glass.

Edited by Lord_Varys

I like DJ this year with Kingsbury in tow and I'm assuming a reduced price tag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

I see no evidence to suggest Kingsbury is worth a damn. 

But it can't be worse than last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

The most catches by a rb under Kingsbury is 43. I think Kirk could be the biggest beneficary of the offense IMO.

55 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The most catches by a rb under Kingsbury is 43. I think Kirk could be the biggest beneficary of the offense IMO.

Well I just expect the offense in general will be better. Kirk is good too.

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

I see no evidence to suggest Kingsbury is worth a damn. 

But it can't be worse than last year. 

I think majority would agree he has a good offensive mind. Whether or not he has head coaching success; no clue. But for fantasy purposes, I like the hire. AZ offense was really stale last year.

11 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Viewing the pick as of now without taking into account possible future outcomes makes absolutely zero sense. 

I don't really agree. You view things as they are now, loosely think about future possibilities, and change your view as the situation changes. But on February 1, it makes sense...unless keepers are due soon and drafts are occurring soon.