Boudewijn

(Way Too) Early RB Rankings 2019

On 2/5/2019 at 6:47 PM, psygolf said:

Jones

Kerryon is WAY too low there

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, clintrad4 said:

Kerryon is WAY too low there

wait...did he get traded to a better team??   I missed that.

Edited by psygolf

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Connor over Gurley is a joke.

They weren’t that far apart before Conner twisted his ankle...they both sucked coming back from injury.

16 hours ago, psygolf said:

wait...did he get traded to a better team??   I missed that.

In that case DJ at RB9 makes little sense. Kingsbury might turn things around but that team lacks talent big time. At least KJ is on a team with a decent OL and a HC who wants to run the ball. There’s more competition for touches for sure but Blount is a FA and Riddick could be released. I expect them to bring in someone like Ingram but if the consensus that KJ is RB30 I will be having lots of KJ shares next season. I value him around RB15.

21 minutes ago, sneakerfreak said:

In that case DJ at RB9 makes little sense. Kingsbury might turn things around but that team lacks talent big time. At least KJ is on a team with a decent OL and a HC who wants to run the ball. There’s more competition for touches for sure but Blount is a FA and Riddick could be released. I expect them to bring in someone like Ingram but if the consensus that KJ is RB30 I will be having lots of KJ shares next season. I value him around RB15.

The Lions will always be the Lions.

a valuation of KJ at rb15 should easily make him yours next year, hope it cashes-in for you.

• Like 1

Cook, Freeman, Drake, Guice, K. Johnson, Lindsay... all seem like great values based on the rankings in here. 

Yes he was - second-best average YPC (5.4), on pace for at least 50 receptions, just starting to play significant snaps prior to injury?  Sign me up

22 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Yes he was - second-best average YPC (5.4), on pace for at least 50 receptions, just starting to play significant snaps prior to injury?  Sign me up

Check...Signed up for his next injury.

Mixon, DJ, Kerryon are in my eyes the price-to-value champions and I would buy everyone of them for their current price wihtout hesitation.

• Like 1

With the Chubb / Hunt news, here's my updated 2019 RB Rankings - Half PPR:

Tier 1 - Elite Horse: 

1) Saquon 2) Zeke 3) Gurley (still weighing what to do here) 4) CMac 5) Kamara

Tier 2 - Locked-in RB1s w/ Top-3 upside 

6) Melvin 7) Conner 8) Le'Veon 9) Mixon

Tier 3 - Remaining Low-End RB1s

10) Damien Williams (obviously could change) 11) Dalvin Cook 12) Aaron Jones 13) DJ 14) Henry

Tier 4 - Huge Upside RB2s

15) Lindsay 16) Mack 17) Sony 18) Carson 19) Chubb (too aggressive?) 20) Ingram (landing spot will tell a lot) 21) Kerryon

Tier 5 - Remaining RB2s

22) McKinnon 23) Fournette (very down on him) 24) Devonta Freeman (him too) 25) Guice (could skyrocket into Top 15 if healthy) 26) Cohen 27) James White

Tier 6 - Flexy

28) Coleman 29) Hunt 30) Lamar Miller (hate him, hope he loses this job and plummets) 31) Drake 32) Brieda 33) Shady 34) Howard

Still need to know:  Chiefs, Bucs, Texans starters for sure.... where do Bell, Ingram, Ajayi end up? 

On 2/5/2019 at 9:47 PM, psygolf said:

Kamara

Barkley

Elliott

McCaffrey

Gordon

Conner

Gurley

Chubb

DJ

Fournette

Bell

Mixon

Jones

DWilliams

Lindsay

Mack

Hunt

Michel

Cook

Carson

Henry

Cohen

Guice

McKinnon/Breida

White

Freeman

Miller

Edwards

Drake

KJohnson

Both Chubb and Hunt in Top 20 (esp Chubb Top 8 too)? Or was this before Hunt landed there?

6 hours ago, RotoStreetJournal said:

23) Fournette (very down on him)

Why so down? Injury concerns? Then why is Cook so high? Fournette will get as much volume as anyone. 

16 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Why so down? Injury concerns? Then why is Cook so high? Fournette will get as much volume as anyone. 

There are legitimate concerns with Fournette beyond injury now. I'm also not high on Cook, but Fournette is scary. The volume isn't a guarantee. Coaching staff and front office have soured on him and he is reported to be on the trade block two seasons into his 1st round (5 potential season) rookie contract. His work ethic and conditioning has been called into question.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

There are legitimate concerns with Fournette beyond injury now. I'm also not high on Cook, but Fournette is scary. The volume isn't a guarantee. Coaching staff and front office have soured on him and he is reported to be on the trade block two seasons into his 1st round (5 potential season) rookie contract. His work ethic and conditioning has been called into question.

They soured on him cuz he wasn't on the field. You can bet that if he is available they are going to use their top 5 pick. 

7 hours ago, RotoStreetJournal said:

Both Chubb and Hunt in Top 20 (esp Chubb Top 8 too)? Or was this before Hunt landed there?

Did my post not have a date?

I'm high on the primary rb in the Ravens backfield with Lamar Jackson as QB and Greg Roman as the OC

same OC for kap/gore and  Tyrod/lesean. . . lots of running

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

I'm high on the primary rb in the Ravens backfield with Lamar Jackson as QB and Greg Roman as the OC

same OC for kap/gore and  Tyrod/lesean. . . lots of running

I could see them drafting a RB.

Edit: Drafting a RB early, I mean.

Edited by thebadferret

5 hours ago, thebadferret said:

I could see them drafting a RB.

Edit: Drafting a RB early, I mean.

i wouldnt be surprised if they did. Gus is a between the tackles pounder and Harbaugh has a love affair with Dixon but if they plan on being a run heavy offense they definitely should add a quality rookie rb if they don't go the  FA route

On 2/11/2019 at 7:24 AM, thebadferret said:

Mixon, DJ, Kerryon are in my eyes the price-to-value champions and I would buy everyone of them for their current price wihtout hesitation.

too much value in the 2nd and 3rd tier rb names. if u go wr-wr-rb  You will still get a quality starting rb but your wr options get very slim if you are looking for a +10 targets a game wr

26 minutes ago, dashoe said:

too much value in the 2nd and 3rd tier rb names. if u go wr-wr-rb  You will still get a quality starting rb but your wr options get very slim if you are looking for a +10 targets a game wr

this is the mentality that has gotten me to lose in the past. same story every year is you need a top 8 rb preferably top 4. guessing which rb2s will break out is a nightmare.

i only play auctions so i can always get a top rb --- this coming year you need at least one of gurley, saquon, zeke, cmc, kamara (or gordon - injury history). even in ppr after the top 15 wrs there are basically all the same or say 2 ppg difference and even the top one (except d hop) can be inconsistent.

59 minutes ago, dashoe said:

i wouldnt be surprised if they did. Gus is a between the tackles pounder and Harbaugh has a love affair with Dixon but if they plan on being a run heavy offense they definitely should add a quality rookie rb if they don't go the  FA route

The OC Greg Roman was the OC of the 49ers when Kap and Gore had their good year. I could see a similar approach with LJ and maybe Josh Jacobs behind him. That would be a nice thing for fantasy football. (Although the price would propably be too high, but nonetheless)

39 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I would be feelin good with those 3 as my starters. PPR WR aren't capped like RB are (which especially matters in my 16 team league). Most teams have two viable options at WR for PPR, but RB....not so much. But this is a mindset that can differ and should differ. :)