• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Sign in to follow this  
Ecofolux

Bregman or JoRam?

In a keep forever league that counts OBP and SLG on top on the normal 5 offensive categories. Normally the answer would be JoRam but this league doesn't value speed that much. I like the Astros lineup a lot more than the Indians lineup. JoRam has fantastic plate skills but so does Bregman. Who would you rather keep forever?

Really splitting hairs on this one but i'm taking the younger player in the better lineup.

Bregman for me.

Can't go wrong with either guy though.

• Like 1

Jram

Is there a reason you can't keep both?  Can you trade one?

In a vacuum I'm keeping JoRam, but there are other factors.

3 hours ago, doublee919 said:

Is there a reason you can't keep both?  Can you trade one?

In a vacuum I'm keeping JoRam, but there are other factors.

I have JoRam and the other owner has Bregman, we're going to do a simple swap. He would rather have JoRam and I would rather have Bregman. I was just seeing if anyone thought it was stupid.

No, not stupid at all.  I do think JoRam will perform a little better. But Bregman is pretty darned good to have.   If you prefer Bregman I would just do the swap and leave it at that.

About a 1.5 year difference in age in these guys, so I’m not sure if the whole trading for youth is much of a factor personally. I think the question you need amto ask yourself is are you going for it right now in your league? If you aren’t going for it I’d hold onto Jram, if your a year or two away I’d do the trade but if I was doing that trade I think I’d want a little more kickback coming my way, not a big piece but a young prospect or a pick. I also have Jram in my keeper league and I’m currently rebuilding and I wouldn’t do a 1 for 1. 

13 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

In a keep forever league that counts OBP and SLG on top on the normal 5 offensive categories. Normally the answer would be JoRam but this league doesn't value speed that much. I like the Astros lineup a lot more than the Indians lineup. JoRam has fantastic plate skills but so does Bregman. Who would you rather keep forever?

I say this as someone who owns Bregman on the cheap in my keeper league, who I am a fan of.  Its Ramirez and not really a difficult decision.  Your talking about two players in their mid 20's who are about 17 months apart so not a huge age gap.  Ramirez is a more consistent across the board contributor and consistent in those contributions. 

Bregman - is he a 30+ HR guy?  He had a ridiculous hot streak that may have vaulted him.  The slow starts can be frustrating he has 1 total HR in April 17 and 18 combined.  His running seems to be batting order spot reliant as he did not attempt to run much at all from middle order spots.  Were still talking about a very good player here, but to me Ramirez is pushing perhaps no.3 overall player while I actually think Bregman is a little overdrafted this year and should be maybe more mid 2nd round type pick.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, parrothead said:

Bregman - is he a 30+ HR guy?  He had a ridiculous hot streak that may have vaulted him.  The slow starts can be frustrating he has 1 total HR in April 17 and 18 combined.  His running seems to be batting order spot reliant as he did not attempt to run much at all from middle order spots.  Were still talking about a very good player here

Thank you for your input Mr. Parrot, but just to play devil's advocate....

Bregman absolutely stunk in April no doubt, but.....look what he did after:

May 142 wRC+

June 191 wRC+

July 172 wRC+

August 163 wRC+

September/October 163 wRC+

...seems very consistent, and extremely elite. JoRam wasn't                (first half)    170 wRC+                   (second half)     110 wRC+       If anything, JoRam had the ridiculous hot streak (May 212 wRC+ and July 200 wRC+)

I completely agree about JoRam stealing 20 more bases than Bregman but that's only 1/7 of our offensive categories.

Again, I understand we're splitting hairs on this issue between these two almost identical players. I'm just looking for someone to talk me into JoRam at this point.

8 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

Thank you for your input Mr. Parrot, but just to play devil's advocate....

Bregman absolutely stunk in April no doubt, but.....look what he did after:

May 142 wRC+

June 191 wRC+

July 172 wRC+

August 163 wRC+

September/October 163 wRC+

...seems very consistent, and extremely elite. JoRam wasn't                (first half)    170 wRC+                   (second half)     110 wRC+       If anything, JoRam had the ridiculous hot streak (May 212 wRC+ and July 200 wRC+)

I completely agree about JoRam stealing 20 more bases than Bregman but that's only 1/7 of our offensive categories.

Again, I understand we're splitting hairs on this issue between these two almost identical players. I'm just looking for someone to talk me into JoRam at this point.

There is a mentality when a guy gets off to a real slow start, which Bregman has been pretty notorious doing.  When you are drunk on Cinco de Mayo and your are looking at your roster and he has 1HR as he did last year, it is a challenge to ride it out.  This year might be a little more confusing as he just had elbow surgery which puts perhaps starting the year on the DL in play.  Maybe just that nugget that he might start the year on the DL would be enough to swing it to JoRam.  Ive just always been frustrated with slow starters, I think how you start often goes a long way in how a fantasy season finishes and when your talking about a 1st rounder with 1HR in early May than can be frustrating.  

I'm still able to pull the trigger on this deal, and I think I would prefer Bregman at this point.

Bregman is still recovering from cleanup shoulder surgery, but he's already swinging a bat.

I'm really worried about JoRam and that Indians lineup. Now that Lindor is out and even when he returns, who knows how effective he will be. JoRam is alone in that lineup (other than a mediocre Santana).

Anyone share the same thoughts or am I still discounting JoRam too much?

Cleveland was 3rd in runs last year ahead of Astros

I get it Astros are better but lineups change so much yearly I still prefer jram