brockpapersizer

Michael Conforto 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Had Conforto as a keeper and wound up dealing him for a pick. I should just listen to my intuition from now on. 

I let him go into the draft and then didn't draft him because of a weak spring for him.  I was even considering him as a keeper.  I unfortunately beat you there...

10 minutes ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

As many K's as total bases the last two weeks.

it happens...

7 hours ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

As many K's as total bases the last two weeks.

It's early in the season still.

Conforto is healthy and looking good.

6 HRs already, I think he pushes 30+

He started off hot and has been invisible for a few weeks now.  Hopefully he heats up soon.  The talent is definitely there.

11 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

I guess this is just who he is - extremely streaky. Maybe the big, full-season breakout never comes.

Probably this. Good never gonna be great

Anyone see it?  How bad did it look?

Michael Conforto left Thursday's game against the Nationals with an apparent injury.

Conforto took a shoulder to the face from teammate Robinson Cano while the two were trying to track down a fly ball in the bottom of the fifth inning. Conforto went down hard and was slow to get up. This could be a concussion situation. He also maybe hurt his left knee. Keon Broxton entered the game in right field.

Not only is cano having a terrible year but now he is has to go out and kill conforto 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herschel said:

Anyone see it?  How bad did it look?

Michael Conforto left Thursday's game against the Nationals with an apparent injury.

Conforto took a shoulder to the face from teammate Robinson Cano while the two were trying to track down a fly ball in the bottom of the fifth inning. Conforto went down hard and was slow to get up. This could be a concussion situation. He also maybe hurt his left knee. Keon Broxton entered the game in right field.

Honestly, looked like nothing on the hit. Marte collision looked much worse. But Conforto definitely flopped onto the group. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit the IL. Knee didn't look like an issue. 

And I just thought I was done fixing my OF....

Well crap. Possible that he won't be right ROS. I hope that won't be the case. 

Posted (edited)

Really didn't look too bad honestly. Shame for him but I don't think that can be serious. Was only a slight collision it appeared there, and he didn't seem all that shaken up after.

Edited by swfcdan

4 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

Really didn't look too bad honestly. Shame for him but I don't think that can be serious. Was only a slight collision it appeared there, and he didn't seem all that shaken up after.

I don't know, he's looks pretty shaky and dazed after getting up.

• Like 1

The collision itself didn't look all that terrible. But he did appear to be a bit out of it. Have concussions been known to affect the performance of baseball players after they return?

• Confused 1

Worst part is he plays for the Mets. This concussion will lead to a double-amputation and their docs will list him as dtd.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

The collision itself didn't look all that terrible. But he did appear to be a bit out of it. Have concussions been known to affect the performance of baseball players after they return?

Yep.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

See Frazier, Clint.

Yikes. Well, there is the worst case scenario. Hopefully something like that doesn't happen. That would be brutal.

He'll probably be fine after a week or two but concussions affect everyone differently.  The brain is a fickle organ.  Hopefully it isn't something that lingers.

23 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Joe Mauer suffered blurred vision for a couple of years after a series of concussions while playing catcher.

• Thanks 1