Sign in to follow this  
countseth

J.T. Realmuto 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, erik vulaj said:

Did anyone else think this guy would be putting up much better than he is as of now currently?

He’s been steady, power numbers haven’t been there but I’ll take a 20 home run 100 RBI season out of him all day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, erik vulaj said:

Did anyone else think this guy would be putting up much better than he is as of now currently?

The only category I would say he's been a little disappointing in is HRs. He's first among catchers in runs, top 4 in RBI.

He's on pace for 90 and 90 with the R and RBI. 

I think we'll see JT get into a power groove

11 hours ago, erik vulaj said:

Not necessarily. He’s been a steady producer and will sit at or near the top of the catcher rankings by year’s end. He’s on pace to hit .274-99-19-99-6, and I still believe he’ll have a power surge before the end of the season. 

Posted (edited)

if hes healthy he will be one of the top players on the most winning teams this year. a must have for 1 catcher standard 12 teamers

Edited by colepenhagen

2 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Will he miss time?

Huh? 

19 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Huh? 

He left the game with a groin injury.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

Great ...

Anyone see any other updates, IL stint coming?

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Anyone see any other updates, IL stint coming?

He took a foul ball to the boys. Should be okay

JT Sunday at it again. (has played a lot of games in a row but still feels like he misses a lot of sundays games)

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

JT Sunday at it again. (has played a lot of games in a row but still feels like he misses a lot of sundays games)

He always takes Sunday off unless he gets a random rest day in the week. He still leads in at bats out of any catcher and gets insane usage. I don’t mind. Plus he got hit in the boys, probably needs a day. 

11 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Anyone think maybe an IL stint is coming? Anyone worried that it’s a serious issue? 

We'll know tomorrow I think. They have a double header, if he's out both games they might IL him before and get another catcher up. 

4 hours ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Anyone think maybe an IL stint is coming? Anyone worried that it’s a serious issue? 

Supposedly he will play tomorrow and is available off the bench tonight (assuming they get the game in).

Just now, Ace_King said:

Supposedly he will play tomorrow and is available off the bench tonight (assuming they get the game in).

Postponed

Posted (edited)

His 0-15 stretch is just what the doctor ordered [...]

Edited by tonycpsu

Posted (edited)

Past 30 days he’s been pretty bad. 1 HR and 5 RBI’s is not what I expected to get out of JT. 286 avg and 16 runs is nice but with all of the catchers heating up Jansen, McCann, Sisco, Perez I’m thinking about trading him. 

Does anyone have any insight as to what’s going on with him? I don’t get to see a lot of Philly games. Could he be hurt or overworked? Ever since getting hit in the nads he has underperformed. He also has .765 ops which is one of the lowest for starting catchers. 

Edited by Hatfieldodger

26 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Past 30 days he’s been pretty bad. 1 HR and 5 RBI’s is not what I expected to get out of JT. 286 avg and 16 runs is nice but with all of the catchers heating up Jansen, McCann, Sisco, Perez I’m thinking about trading him. 

Does anyone have any insight as to what’s going on with him? I don’t get to see a lot of Philly games. Could he be hurt or overworked? Ever since getting hit in the nads he has underperformed. He also has .765 ops which is one of the lowest for starting catchers. 

I think he needs to be moved out of the 5 spot for sure. I’d love to see him leadoff. He does play a lot but he gets a day off every week. I think ROS he will be okay, philly has been pretty cold as a team up until the last week so hopefully he catches fire soon. 

Paternity list...he’s gonna get all amped up after his wife has a son. 30 homeruns second half. You heard it here first.

They should’ve induced her on Monday so he didn’t have to miss any actual games for us.

So selfish of the Realmuto family.