Homerj24

Isiah Kiner-Falefa 2019 Outlook

Flashed some decent bat to ball skills in the minors with some speed. Does he have a path to catch most days for Texas?

I think he's eligible at 3 or 4 positions in Yahoo so even if he isn't behind the plate daily he will have opportunities to play all over the field for Texas (especially with Beltre gone). 

I could see targeting him late just because the entire catcher pool is just one big shrug emoji at this point.

• Haha 1

The signing of Asdrubal Cabrera really hurts his chances of being able to get a ton of ABs. Without an opening in the IF, he is probably a guy to forget about at this point outside of 2 catcher leagues.

13 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

The signing of Asdrubal Cabrera really hurts his chances of being able to get a ton of ABs. Without an opening in the IF, he is probably a guy to forget about at this point outside of 2 catcher leagues.

Agree, I think there was a good chance he could be 350+ at bats through a role as backup C and maybe playing 3B which had gap after Beltre retired.  But you are right the pathway to at-bats got a little more congested. 

16 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Agree, I think there was a good chance he could be 350+ at bats through a role as backup C and maybe playing 3B which had gap after Beltre retired.  But you are right the pathway to at-bats got a little more congested. 

Isiah is slated to be the starting C unless you think Jeff Mathis is going to beat him out ... or they sign ?

53 minutes ago, jb_power said:

Isiah is slated to be the starting C unless you think Jeff Mathis is going to beat him out ... or they sign ?

At best he’s splitting with Mathis

8 hours ago, jb_power said:

If he's getting normal catcher ABs, he's not worth it in most leagues, just isn't enough talent there. His value could have been as a catcher with possibility of 500 ABs but the Cabrera signing makes that almost impossible.