OxyBubbleMan

Kenneth Faried 2018-2019 Season Outlook

From recent Shams & Woj tweets, he is in advanced buyout discussion with the Nets & is expected to join the Rockets. A former 3rd-4th rounder in fantasy & a great lob target, with a few great games with the Nets when given minutes. Keep tabs on him or take a flier immediately.

2 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

when is the soonest date he can play for HOU?

I think he clears waivers Monday, so the next Houston game following that at a guess?

3 minutes ago, PaddingtonBear said:

I think he clears waivers Monday, so the next Houston game following that at a guess?

just saw the tweet he can potentially suit up for Monday's game

1 minute ago, t0087669 said:

Will he fit playing PF next to Capela when he returns?

I don’t think so. Rockets love small ball. But he’ll provide value till Capela is back I think.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rush007 said:

I don’t think so. Rockets love small ball. But he’ll provide value till Capela is back I think.

Not only that MDA always had a stretch 4 even before they called it that. Faried's a hustler but not known  as a  shooter. 

Edited by Forever Smooth
  • Thanks 1

great add if you have a open roster slot and are seeking a double-double guy. if i didn't just snag Zupac I would have jumped on the manimal train!

1 minute ago, Forever Smooth said:

Not only that MDA always had a stretch 4 even before they called it that. Faried's a hustler but not known  as a  shooter. 

I'm just glad to see him finally get some burn after years of being buried in Denver/BK. At one time he was a must own. 

• Like 1

I know it's a great system for pick and roll, but have you guys seen him play this season? Dude has lost a step. Just a warning this is not Denver Faried.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I know it's a great system for pick and roll, but have you guys seen him play this season? Dude has lost a step. Just a warning this is not Denver Faried.

That may be the case due to his motor & a number of injuries but his per 36 & per 100 possessions this season are all in line with his career averages. Feels like he has been in the league for so long that we forget that he is only 29. He has a clear path to minutes in Houston until Capela returns. We can expect high fg% & rebs with a bunch of stocks and a dent to your ft%.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/farieke01.html

Denver Faried or not, it really does not matter. I used my streamer spot on him.  Wait for 2-3 games, if Denver Faried is back, great. If not, next WW target please

8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Denver Faried or not, it really does not matter. I used my streamer spot on him.  Wait for 2-3 games, if Denver Faried is back, great. If not, next WW target please

If not, just throw him into the Giles Pile....

• Haha 2

Worth taking a flier? I lost Capela so need some big man stats.

But he doesn't provide many blocks right? 

I was going to drop Hayward for a streamer anyway. 

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Faried will be officially waived on Saturday and will be cleared to join Houston on Monday. Woj adds that Faried is "expected to move into the Rockets lineup with significant minutes immediately," making him an intriguing short-term pickup in fantasy leagues with Clint Capela (thumb) likely out until the All-Star break. Faried averaged 17.0 points, 11.0 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in his only two games with 20+ minutes with the Nets this season, but was buried on the bench in pretty much every other game. He should be a solid source of points, boards and FG% with a handful of defensive stats, but he is a career 65.4% shooter from the line.
Jan 18 - 11:33 PM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

17/11 with 1.5 stocks in the 2 games he was given 25+

• Like 1

Must own. Sprint, dont run!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I imagine you could probably count on one hand that people who have seen Faried play this season.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

9 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

17/11 with 1.5 stocks in the 2 games he was given 25+

Self selection bias. He probably only received increased minutes in those games because he happened to be playing well in those games. It’s different than if he were receiving 25+ no matter the circumstance.

That being said he’s a pretty good bet to average a low end double double for the next month while Capela is out. I could see something like 12 and 10 on good percentages with a few huge rebounding games sprinkled in.

i think houston rockets need an energy guy like faried right now

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

Self selection bias. He probably only received increased minutes in those games because he happened to be playing well in those games. It’s different than if he were receiving 25+ no matter the circumstance.

That being said he’s a pretty good bet to average a low end double double for the next month while Capela is out. I could see something like 12 and 10 on good percentages with a few huge rebounding games sprinkled in.

They only started played him when both Rondae and Carroll was out.

He will be real good for rockets. Perfect place for him to go to.