OxyBubbleMan

Kenneth Faried 2018-2019 Season Outlook

22 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I know it's a great system for pick and roll, but have you guys seen him play this season? Dude has lost a step. Just a warning this is not Denver Faried.

Nah, haven't seen him. Dude was buried for a looong time. He was riffing in Denver about playing time, but he can't shoot.The game passed him by. Still a good defender I think, but we haven't seen this dude in like forever. He's approaching 30, remember when he was a youngin' in the league. I'm not biting on him, that's for sure. See his adds are off the hinges though.

Well he had 2 big performances earlier this year which means he can still play. In a system where he is limited to rebounding and rolling to the basket he might seem useful.This team has Nene only to compete with Faried for minutes. If he gets 20-25 mins per game he will be close to a double double on nightly basis.

Edited by RipCity0

He is always in the 7-8th round when playing high 20 minutes back in his old Denver days. Unless you expect him to play over 30 minutes, he will only be a decent fantasy addition.

If you missed the Zubac train (like I did), give it a try. we should be finding out soon. Nene played way too many minutes yesterday even in OT till Zu fouled out and Tucker isn't really a center. Opportunities are there. 

hoping rockets clear space for him today then for faried to be added by tomorrow

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

hoping rockets clear space for him today then for faried to be added by tomorrow

Likewise. Hoping he gets added today. Need him in action

I'm hoping he can suit up Monday, but I think the most likely scenario is that he makes his debut Wednesday.

Waiver clears 5pm ET. Rockets game is 8pm ET. Game is in Philly—2 hour drive from NYC, assuming he hasn’t yet joined the team preemptively. There’s a shot he plays if the schematics of signing and particulars don’t hold him back.

In case you are wondering about his trade value, after picking Faried from WW  I promptly traded him for Ante Zizic (I like his ROS outlook better).

A wrench in the whole possibility of him playing—yahoo still has him as a Brooklyn Net despite being waived. Nets play at 3:30 ET, so I’m not sure if he’ll get locked into lineups/benches or if he’ll be freed later when they alter him to HOU.

41 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Waiver clears 5pm ET. Rockets game is 8pm ET. Game is in Philly—2 hour drive from NYC, assuming he hasn’t yet joined the team preemptively. There’s a shot he plays if the schematics of signing and particulars don’t hold him back.

How often do new players play without practicing with new team? 

Edited by HotSauce24

22 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

How often do new players play without practicing with new team? 

Not sure, but I did read somewhere that they were trying to rush finding a trade

for melo so that they could have faried injected into the lineup straight away.

Edited by mcflywalker

7 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Yahoo still has him on the Nets, so let's hope they're prepared to fix that promptly at 5.

Would be crazy to see. At least I’ve never seen it happen but cool if they alter his team and dude unlocked so that we can move him in and out of lineups before the game.

17 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Yahoo still has him on the Nets, so let's hope they're prepared to fix that promptly at 5.

Has he even actually signed with the Rockets yet?

Wikipedia has Faried has a free agent lol

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

Would be crazy to see. At least I’ve never seen it happen but cool if they alter his team and dude unlocked so that we can move him in and out of lineups before the game.

Yeah it's just bizarre. He's locked in right now and it's showing his game as the nets game. But if he really plays tonight...that will need to be fixed because I imagine hundreds of teams will be starting him. 

Weird situation for sure. 

13 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Yeah it's just bizarre. He's locked in right now and it's showing his game as the nets game. But if he really plays tonight...that will need to be fixed because I imagine hundreds of teams will be starting him. 

Weird situation for sure. 

I'm guessing even if they don't alter the team name/ status from N/A to Healthy then we will still get credited with the stats either tomorrow or EOW. At least that's what some users are saying on Reddit from past experiences with traded players.

In Yahoo, how do you start him if he's already locked and not able to be moved since it shows him on the Nets?

4 minutes ago, BrewCityBBQ said:

In Yahoo, how do you start him if he's already locked and not able to be moved since it shows him on the Nets?

Unclear at the moment. You either had to have already had him in your lineup and will be credit the stats retroactively or yahoo will unlock prior to the game. I'm thinking the former, and the people who had him locked in already will benefit.

no wonder, i was wondering why they said he's gonna play but right now he has 0 minutes. didn't realize they still have him on the nets. 

If he hasn’t even signed yet, how will he play? 

6 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

If he hasn’t even signed yet, how will he play? 

Ever see the movie Angels in the Outfield?