Sign in to follow this  
IlliniGuy76

Blake Snell 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, swfcdan said:

Back on his game. Wish he could go a bit deeper but gotta love the K's.

First and third none out and he struck up the side.  With all those ks, it’s tough to pitch super deep.

• Like 3

Six marvelous innings is just fine during the second week of the season 

• Like 2

He good.

That sucks. Hope he recovers quickly and they don't bring him back until he's able to land comfortably on that foot.

• Like 1

Snell owner myself.  Not to make anyone nervous but I broke my pinky toe and could not walk for five months.  

2 minutes ago, B&F said:

Snell owner myself.  Not to make anyone nervous but I broke my pinky toe and could not walk for five months.  

Image result for lies! gif

JK...this is usually a 4-6 week healing process. I guess maybe it's a minor fracture?

9 minutes ago, B&F said:

I broke my 4th toe.  I asked the doctor if there was anything I couldn’t do.  He just said,do what’s comfortable.  You can’t make it better,you can’t make it worse.   There’s no cast you can put on it,or no bone  that needs to be reset.  It seemed to get better quickly.  I couldn’t do anything the first week.  By the third  week,I was doing Zumba and volleyball.  It still hurt,but I was able to,be a bit active.  I’m guessing more than 1 start,but could have been worse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I broke my 4th toe.  I asked the doctor if there was anything I couldn’t do.  He just said,do what’s comfortable.  You can’t make it better,you can’t make it worse.   There’s no cast you can put on it,or no bone  that needs to be reset.  It seemed to get better quickly.  I couldn’t do anything the first week.  By the third  week,I was doing Zumba and volleyball.  It still hurt,but I was able to,be a bit active.  I’m guessing more than 1 start,but could have been worse.

Ding ding ding.  It's about how much pain he can handle.  If he's not going to make it worse then he just misses one start.

hopefully he doesn't rush back.  If he isn't 100% he could alter his delivery by favoring the toe and possibly injure another area

• Like 1

Broken toe and he misses only one start? Im calling rubbish on that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jb_power said:

hopefully he doesn't rush back.  If he isn't 100% he could alter his delivery by favoring the toe and possibly injure another area

This is my concern as well. 

Didn’t Tommy Pham break a toe last year and come back blazing in two weeks? I just hope as someone mentioned above, Snell doesn’t have enough pain when he returns to hurt his delivery.

32 minutes ago, B&F said:

spacer.png

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

spacer.png

I also got poor advice from multiple doctors. 

Snell has the best medical care someone can get so hopefully is back to himself sooner than later.

We all should be gravely concerned though.  Who knows how this affects his mechanics.

4 minutes ago, B&F said:

I also got poor advice from multiple doctors. 

Snell has the best medical care someone can get so hopefully is back to himself sooner than later.

We all should be gravely concerned though.  Who knows how this affects his mechanics.

Can Rays afford doctors?  Snell actually grew up about 10 minutes from me.  I know a guy who trains with him.  I’ll send him a text see if there’s anything I can do to help aka tell me when he’ll be back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Didn’t Tommy Pham break a toe last year and come back blazing in two weeks? I just hope as someone mentioned above, Snell doesn’t have enough pain when he returns to hurt his delivery.

i could see a position player dealing with the injury better than a Pitcher, but maybe im wrong. 

• Like 1

It’s his landing foot too, it’ll be more than 1 start.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DerekQ said:

It’s his landing foot too, it’ll be more than 1 start.

Even if it’s 4 starts or so, is there a silver lining in any of this? I mean could this possibly prolong some starts later? Were the rays going to let him go 200 anyways? 

Edited by Cesare13

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

Even if it’s 4 starts or so, is there a silver lining in any of this? I mean could this possibly prolong some starts later? Were the rays going to let him go 200 anyways? 

Why wouldn't they? He pitched 180 last season

1 minute ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Why wouldn't they? He pitched 180 last season

I don’t know.  Some weird new school management  thing? They took him out at 80 on Sunday.  I’m grasping at straws here.

Moving a decorative stand after getting out of the shower. He didn’t realize it was a 2 piecer. (Larry brown sports)

He's a young, professional athlete, so I could see him just missing a start.

But he's also on my team, so he might just call it a career. 

• Haha 5