Sign in to follow this  
IlliniGuy76

Blake Snell 2019 Outlook

Blake Snells like s—t

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

seriously guys, what the HELL is going on with this guy.  Im officially panicked.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

A great chance he's hurt and it's the elbow. Pitchers can still throw with a tear in the UCL, eventually the pain will be too much, or it will become a complete tear. Hopefully I'm wrong. Nothing else makes a lot of sense. Then again when he first come up from the minors dude had these type issues, never could be trusted. Then it seem he figured it all out last season.

The velocity is still there, so this seems less probable. 

Looks like Tampa was justified in fighting that pay raise!

I’m giving him ONE more shot. That’s it. If he blows up again like tonight I think I’m done with him. Tight races and rosters can’t afford to hold onto a guy that is only going to be benched. Especially with a bunch of rookies still coming up like Luzardo, Mize?, Deivi?, etc. 

One last shot Snell. Do not miss your chance. The opportunity to be on my fantasy team comes once in a lifetime, yo. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

The velocity is still there, so this seems less probable. 

Looks like Tampa was justified in fighting that pay raise!

Pitchers can hold velocity with a tear. A lot depends on how much of the pain you can take and can also depend on the tear - from partial to a complete tear. Mets Wheeler comes to mind, then again that was the Mets.....I do agree losing velocity would be a BIG red flag, but so would a lack of control, as in, a lot of walks...

• Like 1

Injury. Personal issues. Bad luck. IDGAF anymore. 

I traded a lot of talent away to get this guy to anchor my staff for the stretch run and peripherals be damned I need the garbage patheticness to stop damn skippy quick. 

• Haha 2

It may be due to the fact that you’re not actually contributing an opinion about the player, but rather your team and your trade decision.

I am sending him out there on Sunday at home.  Again it has to be a mechanics issue which can be corrected instantly.  He can't be this terrible.  If he is hurt he won't be out there.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy 

Ill put my sterling reputation on line that this is the buy of year right now.  He just got bent over by Yankees and Twins.  They bend most teams over.  Schedule solid coming up Texas at home (don’t hit LHP well), Yankees at home (gulp, bring the big boy balls), @Balt, White Sox at home.  Ride the corrections.  Dudes a stud, he’ll get right.  Rays are a great organization.  Still half a season to get right.  Send those buy lows out and get some.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'd be willing to gamble if an owner sold him at a bargain.  Good K rate, good FIP still. Pitcher's park.  Good team behind him.

4 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy Buy buy buy buy buy buy 

Ill put my sterling reputation on line that this is the buy of year right now.  He just got bent over by Yankees and Twins.  They bend most teams over.  Schedule solid coming up Texas at home (don’t hit LHP well), Yankees at home (gulp, bring the big boy balls), @Balt, White Sox at home.  Ride the corrections.  Dudes a stud, he’ll get right.  Rays are a great organization.  Still half a season to get right.  Send those buy lows out and get some.

Not saying you're not right, but even the best teams don't usually bend pitchers over as bad as Snell has been lately.  He's been extra awful lately.  Nope, I can't explain why either.

I know this might sound cliche, but usually when things are like this it comes out it was a "tipping his pitches" thing which is basically a mechanical/mental fix.  Wouldn't be surprised to hear something along those lines or about his mechanics in the near future.

He was historically difficult to hit last season and now this season he is getting hit like he is some soft tossing lefty throwing 88 MPH. It makes no sense because his stuff is still super electric.

• Like 1

One year wonder, I'm not starting him until after the all-star break

26 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

One year wonder, I'm not starting him until after the all-star break

why then?

He could not put guys away last night.  Four of the Five hits he gave up in fourth inning were on two strike counts and the home run to Schoop was on a 0-2 count.   He got alot of swinging strikes early in the count with his changeup, but had nothing with his breaking stuff.  I saw somewhere that his spin rate is way down on his curveball.  I don't know why that would happen or how easy it is to fix, but the issue seems to be he has lost that electric curveball and is basically a two pitch pitcher right now.  

12 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Blaaron Snola has been my favorite pitcher to own this year 

Even Nola hasn't been THIS bad.  Or, at least he's been pretty consistently blah.  Snell will look brilliant for a few starts, then obliterate your ratios.  I don't have any shares, but he's gotta be the most frustrating guy to own this year.

Only way I start him again this week is if I am so far behind in my ratios and thanks to him that is already the case.

9 hours ago, Z06vette said:

Pitchers can hold velocity with a tear. A lot depends on how much of the pain you can take and can also depend on the tear - from partial to a complete tear. Mets Wheeler comes to mind, then again that was the Mets.....I do agree losing velocity would be a BIG red flag, but so would a lack of control, as in, a lot of walks...

Walks have always been an issue with him, last year he finally figured that out to an extent, this year it is up a little 3.19 to 3.30 but the K rate is also up, hes not injured IMO, 100% mechanical issue/mentality at this point or maybe mechanics are off from the toe injury earlier this year, also hes giving up a career high HR%, Career high BABIP, and career low LOB% which are also factors which makes me feel even stronger that he isnt hurt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

why then?

I will give him a  chance against a team that isn't very good, if he can't pitch well then he stays on the bench the rest of the year, his next to starts are against Texas and the Yanks, his ERA could be 7 by then

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

I will give him a  chance against a team that isn't very good, if he can't pitch well then he stays on the bench the rest of the year, his next to starts are against Texas and the Yanks, his ERA could be 7 by then

Why risk keeping him on your bench all year? Should totally drop him and pick up a streamer!!

Seriously though, Snell needs the all star break to clear his head and/or work on whatever his issue is.