PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

Is it possible to end in a tie and neither team win? I choose that one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nobody will be happy with this matchup after the two teams needed major ref help to make it. Pretty awful outcome for the fans. I would have liked this matchup otherwise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, devaster said:

Is it possible to end in a tie and neither team win? I choose that one.

No.. of course you have to cheer against Pats. 

Just now, PizzaBeerFF said:

I abstain.

I'm a Seahawks fan and I'll be pulling for NE. If there's one thing that bugs me it's people hating on greatness just for the sake of hating. I'll appreciate it and hope Tom and BB can get another one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Would definitely be a real kick in the nuts to all Saints fans out there if the Rams win though.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Would definitely be a real kick in the nuts to all Saints fans out there if the Rams win though.

Explain this for me?

6 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

I'm a Seahawks fan and I'll be pulling for NE. If there's one thing that bugs me it's people hating on greatness just for the sake of hating. I'll appreciate it and hope Tom and BB can get another one.

Thanks. You are better. 

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Explain this for me?

Rams shouldn't even be in the SB. Game was over without the blown call.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Win some lose some, it was a damn weird play, refs missed it, if that dude turned around, easy pick

Just now, devaster said:

You ignore NO coach decides to throw on first down in field goal range... dumb dumb dumb! 

• Like 1

Patriots. Normally, it wouldn’t be the Patriots but I rather root for the team that deserves to be there. 

You ignore NO coach decides to throw on first down in field goal range... dumb dumb dumb! 

Doesn't matter. Refs wanted to not influence the game by not making a call, but influenced the game by not making a call. There were two penalties on the same defender on that play. DPI and helmet-to-helmet unnecessary roughness. It wasn't bang-bang live either. Looked early watching live for me and way early watching the replay.

Games have a ton of plays, but that was literally a single play that influenced the game going to OT. Otherwise it was over.

Two minutes left. Could have given them ball with one minute left without no timeouts. Nooooo.... Payton fumble ******.... truth

After the game, Robey-Coleman admitted that he got there early:

Robey Coleman: “Yes, I got there too early. I was beat, and I was trying to save the touchdown.

— Robert Klemko (@RobertKlemko) January 20, 2019

Reporters showed Nickell Robey-Coleman his hit on Tommylee Lewis. His reaction: "Oh hell yea. That was PI."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) January 21, 2019

The officials also told him the following:

#Rams DB Nickell Robey-Coleman said the refs told him the ball was tipped so he was free to blast the receiver. Would have been a PI if the ball was not tipped.

— D. Orlando Ledbetter (@DOrlandoAJC) January 21, 2019

Ball wasn't ever tipped. Head ref even admitted to not seeing the play. lol

This is really the least interesting super bowl in a long time.

Patriots are there every year. It’s not even a hate thing but unless you’re a fan of the team its nice to see new teams. Similar to the Warriors, the same team kills a lot of the excitement.

Rams shouldn’t even be in the super bowl so there’s that. It’s really hard to root for a team that has no business being in the game in the first place. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, devaster said:

Doesn't matter. Refs wanted to not influence the game by not making a call, but influenced the game by not making a call. There were two penalties on the same defender on that play. DPI and helmet-to-helmet unnecessary roughness. It wasn't bang-bang live either. Looked early watching live for me and way early watching the replay.

Games have a ton of plays, but that was literally a single play that influenced the game going to OT. Otherwise it was over.

I never understood the "not influence the game" logic.  The fact that a ref makes or does not make a call influences the game. 

Making the WRONG call should be the issue not  the fact that they are making proper calls.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Opening line on Draftkings is Pats -1.5

Explain this for the listener, and or the dumb for me.  :)

If there was a way for Brady to retire than it would be fitting to retire after beating the rams in the superbowl.....as the Rams was his first superbowl win nearly 20 years ago.

But we all know he has a few more years in him....

• Like 1

You mean when Madden said we shouldn't play, should lick wounds and go take chances in OT....