PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bastardo! said:

Fun Fact:  If Rams beat Pats, the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time will be 3-6* in Super Bowls.

 

*adjusted using Opposition Coaching Ineptitude Metric

 

I have a fun fact. If Jared Goff wins the SB he will have beaten Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers in the same season making him the official GOAT. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bastardo! said:

Fun Fact:  If Rams beat Pats, the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time will be 3-6* in Super Bowls.

 

*adjusted using Opposition Coaching Ineptitude Metric

 

Fun fact #2. Brady has been to 9 Super Bowls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, petekrum said:

First SB I won’t watch a single play.

 

This will be one of the lowest rated SBs of all time.

I am going to see The Mule during the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Fun fact #2. Brady has been to 9 Super Bowls. 

He's also 41 and has 5 rings. Nobody seems to ever mention those things in the media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Fun Fact:  If Rams beat Pats, the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time will be 3-6* in Super Bowls.

 

*adjusted using Opposition Coaching Ineptitude Metric

I hate this argument in sports. It's the same horrible argument people use for Lebron "Oh, If Allen didn't hit that shot and if Green didn't get injured Lebron would only have one ring!" While completely ignoring everything that went wrong for their team and right for the other team.

 

What about the absolutely inprobably helment catch? What about the insanely improbable throw and catch by Manningham? Are you just going to ignore that the only reason Seattle even had the ball at the one was because of an insane and lucky catch?

 

I don't particularly like Brady or Lebron but it's just an absolutely ridiculous argument. You can make other arguments for Brady not being the GOAT but this sure as hell is not one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I hate this argument in sports. It's the same horrible argument people use for Lebron "Oh, If Allen didn't hit that shot and if Green didn't get injured Lebron would only have one ring!" While completely ignoring everything that went wrong for their team and right for the other team.

 

What about the absolutely inprobably helment catch? What about the insanely improbable throw and catch by Manningham? Are you just going to ignore that the only reason Seattle even had the ball at the one was because of an insane and lucky catch?

 

I don't particularly like Brady or Lebron but it's just an absolutely ridiculous argument. You can make other arguments for Brady not being the GOAT but this sure as hell is not one of them. 

 

Any mediocre Madden player could have taken over head coaching duties for the Seahawks or Falcons at the end of those games and coasted them to victories. 

 

You may not like it, but it's a fact.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I hate this argument in sports. It's the same horrible argument people use for Lebron "Oh, If Allen didn't hit that shot and if Green didn't get injured Lebron would only have one ring!" While completely ignoring everything that went wrong for their team and right for the other team.

 

What about the absolutely inprobably helment catch? What about the insanely improbable throw and catch by Manningham? Are you just going to ignore that the only reason Seattle even had the ball at the one was because of an insane and lucky catch?

 

I don't particularly like Brady or Lebron but it's just an absolutely ridiculous argument. You can make other arguments for Brady not being the GOAT but this sure as hell is not one of them. 

One difference is they play a best of series in other sports. Best of series are a better indicator of who is really the better team. Even if it took a lucky play in a series to win it. Teams evenly matched and 1 play was the difference.

 

NFL is  a lot more harsh with 1 game elimination. We definitely see lesser teams make it further than they should every season. Vikings were an example last season. But  a lot of times 1 play does define an NFL game. The strip sack of Brady last season in the SB. The infamous no-call this year against the Saints. The offsides penalty by Dee Ford.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

 

Any mediocre Madden player could have taken over head coaching duties for the Seahawks or Falcons at the end of those games and coasted them to victories. 

 

You may not like it, but it's a fact.

 

Tyree doesn't make that catch 99 times out of 100. Welker could have salted it away if he caught that easy ball ,etc.

 

This argument goes both ways. Brady's record in Super Bowls is about what it should be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrWannaBee said:

 

This will be one of the lowest rated SBs of all time.

I am going to see The Mule during the game.

 

thats cool...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, petekrum said:

First SB I won’t watch a single play.

sorry. better luck for your team next year...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

sorry. better luck for your team next year...?

 

Luckiest SOB alive if his team made it to the SB every previous season!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

sorry. better luck for your team next year...?

 

Nothing to do with my team, I simply have no interest in watching my most hated team play a team that unequivocally doesn’t deserve to be there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, petekrum said:

 

Nothing to do with my team, I simply have no interest in watching my most hated team play a team that unequivocally doesn’t deserve to be there.

oh i c 

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, petekrum said:

 

Nothing to do with my team, I simply have no interest in watching my most hated team play a team that unequivocally doesn’t deserve to be there.

But what if the Patriots lose?  And you weren't there to revel in their misery?  The Eagles D line gave Brady some problems last year, and Donald, Suh and Brockers et al are arguably better.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But what if the Patriots lose?  And you weren't there to revel in their misery?  The Eagles D line gave Brady some problems last year, and Donald, Suh and Brockers et al are arguably better.

The Eagles DLine was very good last season, but they were stonewalled by the Patriots. There was one punt the entire game. The only time the Patriots didn't finish a possession was on the final one with the strip sack that sealed the win. I don't know what it is with the Patriots, but teams cannot generate any pressure on Brady in the playoffs.

 

Will definitely be interesting to see what Donald does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, devaster said:

The Eagles DLine was very good last season, but they were stonewalled by the Patriots. There was one punt the entire game. The only time the Patriots didn't finish a possession was on the final one with the strip sack that sealed the win. I don't know what it is with the Patriots, but teams cannot generate any pressure on Brady in the playoffs.

 

Will definitely be interesting to see what Donald does.

 

I think their amazing interior line and stud LT have something to do with it.  Along with the sub-2.5-sec release.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 5:41 AM, petekrum said:

First SB I won’t watch a single play.

 

Bet you'll tune in for maroon 5 and dance your little heart out

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fingers said:

 

Bet you'll tune in for maroon 5 and dance your little heart out

 

This did make me laugh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, petekrum said:

 

Nothing to do with my team, I simply have no interest in watching my most hated team play a team that unequivocally doesn’t deserve to be there.

 

21 hours ago, MrWannaBee said:

 

This will be one of the lowest rated SBs of all time.

I am going to see The Mule during the game.

 

 

But at least you seeked out a thread about teams you don't like or root for on a message board with strangers to make this announcement.

 

So cool!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

 

But at least you seeked out a thread about teams you don't like or root for on a message board with strangers to make this announcement.

 

So cool!

 

I never got the concept of people flooding threads of players/team's they don't like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I never got the concept of people flooding threads of players/team's they don't like. 

 

Me neither man. Me neither.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So enough about deriding other posters - anyone have anything of value to offer?

 

I’ll throw my hat in: how much is Gurley going to play?  I’d venture to say nearly the whole game.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots DBs are grabbing & holding WRs a ton when playing press man of late. Rams are wearing their blue throwback jerseys. Refs tend not to throw as many flags in the Super Bowl. I'd have Pats DBs wear dark colored gloves. White gloves on blue jerseys = too high contrast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I never got the concept of people flooding threads of players/team's they don't like. 

 

Really? It’s that hard to understand.🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.