PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

1 hour ago, Bastardo! said:

Fun Fact:  If Rams beat Pats, the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time will be 3-6* in Super Bowls.

*adjusted using Opposition Coaching Ineptitude Metric

I have a fun fact. If Jared Goff wins the SB he will have beaten Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers in the same season making him the official GOAT. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bastardo! said:

Fun Fact:  If Rams beat Pats, the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time will be 3-6* in Super Bowls.

Fun fact #2. Brady has been to 9 Super Bowls. 

9 hours ago, petekrum said:

First SB I won’t watch a single play.

This will be one of the lowest rated SBs of all time.

I am going to see The Mule during the game.

16 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Fun fact #2. Brady has been to 9 Super Bowls. 

He's also 41 and has 5 rings. Nobody seems to ever mention those things in the media.

2 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

I hate this argument in sports. It's the same horrible argument people use for Lebron "Oh, If Allen didn't hit that shot and if Green didn't get injured Lebron would only have one ring!" While completely ignoring everything that went wrong for their team and right for the other team.

What about the absolutely inprobably helment catch? What about the insanely improbable throw and catch by Manningham? Are you just going to ignore that the only reason Seattle even had the ball at the one was because of an insane and lucky catch?

I don't particularly like Brady or Lebron but it's just an absolutely ridiculous argument. You can make other arguments for Brady not being the GOAT but this sure as hell is not one of them. 

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I hate this argument in sports. It's the same horrible argument people use for Lebron "Oh, If Allen didn't hit that shot and if Green didn't get injured Lebron would only have one ring!" While completely ignoring everything that went wrong for their team and right for the other team.

What about the absolutely inprobably helment catch? What about the insanely improbable throw and catch by Manningham? Are you just going to ignore that the only reason Seattle even had the ball at the one was because of an insane and lucky catch?

I don't particularly like Brady or Lebron but it's just an absolutely ridiculous argument. You can make other arguments for Brady not being the GOAT but this sure as hell is not one of them. 

Any mediocre Madden player could have taken over head coaching duties for the Seahawks or Falcons at the end of those games and coasted them to victories. 

You may not like it, but it's a fact.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

One difference is they play a best of series in other sports. Best of series are a better indicator of who is really the better team. Even if it took a lucky play in a series to win it. Teams evenly matched and 1 play was the difference.

NFL is  a lot more harsh with 1 game elimination. We definitely see lesser teams make it further than they should every season. Vikings were an example last season. But  a lot of times 1 play does define an NFL game. The strip sack of Brady last season in the SB. The infamous no-call this year against the Saints. The offsides penalty by Dee Ford.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Any mediocre Madden player could have taken over head coaching duties for the Seahawks or Falcons at the end of those games and coasted them to victories. 

You may not like it, but it's a fact.

Tyree doesn't make that catch 99 times out of 100. Welker could have salted it away if he caught that easy ball ,etc.

This argument goes both ways. Brady's record in Super Bowls is about what it should be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrWannaBee said:

thats cool...

11 hours ago, petekrum said:

sorry. better luck for your team next year...?

5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Luckiest SOB alive if his team made it to the SB every previous season!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Nothing to do with my team, I simply have no interest in watching my most hated team play a team that unequivocally doesn’t deserve to be there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Nothing to do with my team, I simply have no interest in watching my most hated team play a team that unequivocally doesn’t deserve to be there.

oh i c 

Edited by SyNdicateZ

18 minutes ago, petekrum said:

But what if the Patriots lose?  And you weren't there to revel in their misery?  The Eagles D line gave Brady some problems last year, and Donald, Suh and Brockers et al are arguably better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But what if the Patriots lose?  And you weren't there to revel in their misery?  The Eagles D line gave Brady some problems last year, and Donald, Suh and Brockers et al are arguably better.

The Eagles DLine was very good last season, but they were stonewalled by the Patriots. There was one punt the entire game. The only time the Patriots didn't finish a possession was on the final one with the strip sack that sealed the win. I don't know what it is with the Patriots, but teams cannot generate any pressure on Brady in the playoffs.

Will definitely be interesting to see what Donald does.

28 minutes ago, devaster said:

The Eagles DLine was very good last season, but they were stonewalled by the Patriots. There was one punt the entire game. The only time the Patriots didn't finish a possession was on the final one with the strip sack that sealed the win. I don't know what it is with the Patriots, but teams cannot generate any pressure on Brady in the playoffs.

Will definitely be interesting to see what Donald does.

I think their amazing interior line and stud LT have something to do with it.  Along with the sub-2.5-sec release.

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2019 at 5:41 AM, petekrum said:

Bet you'll tune in for maroon 5 and dance your little heart out

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fingers said:

Bet you'll tune in for maroon 5 and dance your little heart out

This did make me laugh!

16 hours ago, petekrum said:

21 hours ago, MrWannaBee said:

But at least you seeked out a thread about teams you don't like or root for on a message board with strangers to make this announcement.

So cool!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

But at least you seeked out a thread about teams you don't like or root for on a message board with strangers to make this announcement.

So cool!

I never got the concept of people flooding threads of players/team's they don't like. 

7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I never got the concept of people flooding threads of players/team's they don't like. 

Me neither man. Me neither.

• Like 1

So enough about deriding other posters - anyone have anything of value to offer?

I’ll throw my hat in: how much is Gurley going to play?  I’d venture to say nearly the whole game.

Edited by BMcP

Patriots DBs are grabbing & holding WRs a ton when playing press man of late. Rams are wearing their blue throwback jerseys. Refs tend not to throw as many flags in the Super Bowl. I'd have Pats DBs wear dark colored gloves. White gloves on blue jerseys = too high contrast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Really? It’s that hard to understand.🙄