PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, BMcP said:

So enough about deriding other posters - anyone have anything of value to offer?

 

I’ll throw my hat in: how much is Gurley going to play?  I’d venture to say nearly the whole game.

?? I really doubt he'll be playing defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

So enough about deriding other posters - anyone have anything of value to offer?

 

I’ll throw my hat in: how much is Gurley going to play?  I’d venture to say nearly the whole game.

 

He will most assuredly get his fair crack at the carries but I don't see McVay completely going against the "dance with the one that brought you" theory, CJ will have an important role as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 2:57 PM, Gohawks said:

You can make other arguments for Brady not being the GOAT but this sure as hell is not one of them. 

There are zero arguments left...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady had a 71.7 passer rating (20th) and a 46.5% completion rate (31st) when under pressure this season.  Let’s see what a D-line consisting of Donald, Suh, Fowler, Brockers, etc., can do against him.

 

That’s below the likes of Osweiler, Flacco, and Bortles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Brady had a 71.7 passer rating (20th) and a 46.5% completion rate (31st) when under pressure this season.  Let’s see what a D-line consisting of Donald, Suh, Fowler, Brockers, etc., can do against him.

 

That’s below the likes of Osweiler, Flacco, and Bortles.

 

It was especially bad against pressure from the middle (DT) and with Donald and Suh...I heard they know what they're doing.

 

I'm interested in how Patriots will solve this problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

 

It was especially bad against pressure from the middle (DT) and with Donald and Suh...I heard they know what they're doing.

 

I'm interested in how Patriots will solve this problem.

 

It's not a mystery. They will attempt to pound the ball with their jumbo meathead package whilst running 80+ plays so that D line is exhausted by the 4th quarter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fingers said:

 

It's not a mystery. They will attempt to pound the ball with their jumbo meathead package whilst running 80+ plays so that D line is exhausted by the 4th quarter. 

 

okay, then let me rephrase it.

 

I'm interested in how well the Patrios will solve this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, fingers said:

 

It's not a mystery. They will attempt to pound the ball with their jumbo meathead package whilst running 80+ plays so that D line is exhausted by the 4th quarter. 

That game plan will not score enough points to win the game, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, psygolf said:

That game plan will not score enough points to win the game, imo.

 

Maybe not, but I don't think they want Brady throwing it 50+ times either. They've been playing caveman football for the past couple months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fingers said:

 

It's not a mystery. They will attempt to pound the ball with their jumbo meathead package whilst running 80+ plays so that D line is exhausted by the 4th quarter. 

 

You'd think. BB goes against the grain a lot though. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they started the game in shotgun formation and air it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thebadferret said:

 

okay, then let me rephrase it.

 

I'm interested in how well the Patrios will solve this problem.

 

Just throw Gronk at Center.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

True American hero, Francis...

 

 

LOL ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald is a monster, but the Rams really don't generate much pressure from the rest of the DLine. A bunch of teams kept Donald in check late in the season like the Bears and Eagles. I don't really think Brady will have much of a problem with the pass protection. I fully expect them to light the Rams up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another prop bet theory id like to think out loud about.

 

Josh Reynolds, over under for catches and yards is 3.5 catches, 48.5 yards last i saw.  This one could be sneaky.

 

Why?  Of the 3 receivers, Woods, Cooks, and Reynolds.  Its fair to say one will be taken out of the game plan with extra defensive attention.  You would think it would be Cooks, but could be Woods who gets the attention.  Why?  Cooks played for Belichek last year, knows his strengths and weaknesses, he would know how to take him out of the game with using less defensive attention, allowing more attention to woods, leaving Reynolds more than the norm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the over for Reynolds.  Good thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, devaster said:

Donald is a monster, but the Rams really don't generate much pressure from the rest of the DLine. A bunch of teams kept Donald in check late in the season like the Bears and Eagles. I don't really think Brady will have much of a problem with the pass protection. I fully expect them to light the Rams up.

 

I mean, they put plenty of pressure on opposing QBs throughout the season.  You might have named the two games this entire season in which they actually failed to significantly apply pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams' DTs combine to rank: -- 1st in pressures forced (136) -- 1st in sacks (24)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 7:13 PM, petekrum said:

"Nothing to do with my team, I simply have no interest in watching my most hated team play a team that unequivocally doesn’t deserve to be there."

 

Seems harsh, no offense. As noted, if Dee Ford doesn't do something you shouldn't see at this level, which by the way, had zero impact on the pick (he was doubled & completely neutralized) New England isn't playing in this game either. But this is rotoworld, the other guys flopping equates to a 41-yr-old being a goat & his coach, a genius. There's plenty that doesn't add up, is the defense even allowed to touch Brady? No, he never has to stand tall, deliver & take it. That he never has to is the primary reason he's still out there. 

 

The play the Rams had, they were talking about it, there were actually multiple blatant fouls on that play. Plus, you see officials collaborating all the time to get the call right.This was a red-zone play, meaning, a very condensed field. The field judge should've made this call, but the back judge or the line judge could've thrown their flag just as easily! The odds of that happening are, incredible... I think if you'd otherwise get together with family & friends & have a good time, you should. Don't take this stuff too seriously.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

 

Seems harsh, no offense. As noted, if Dee Ford doesn't do something you shouldn't see at this level, which by the way, had zero impact on the pick (he was doubled & completely neutralized) New England isn't playing in this game either. But this is rotoworld, the other guys flopping equates to a 41-yr-old being a goat & his coach, a genius. There's plenty that doesn't add up, is the defense even allowed to touch Brady? No, he never has to stand tall, deliver & take it. That he never has to is the primary reason he's still out there. 

 

The play the Rams had, they were talking about it, there were actually multiple blatant fouls on that play. Plus, you see officials collaborating all the time to get the call right.This was a red-zone play, meaning, a very condensed field. The field judge should've made this call, but the back judge or the line judge could've thrown their flag just as easily! The odds of that happening are, incredible... I think if you'd otherwise get together with family & friends & have a good time, you should. Don't take this stuff too seriously.   

+1

*If NE was my most-hated team, I’d watch just to catch the Suh late-hits on Brady, and maybe some stomps on those hands as he walks away.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Another prop bet theory id like to think out loud about.

 

Josh Reynolds, over under for catches and yards is 3.5 catches, 48.5 yards last i saw.  This one could be sneaky.

 

Why?  Of the 3 receivers, Woods, Cooks, and Reynolds.  Its fair to say one will be taken out of the game plan with extra defensive attention.  You would think it would be Cooks, but could be Woods who gets the attention.  Why?  Cooks played for Belichek last year, knows his strengths and weaknesses, he would know how to take him out of the game with using less defensive attention, allowing more attention to woods, leaving Reynolds more than the norm

 

Over 3.5 looks good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

+1

*If NE was my most-hated team, I’d watch just to catch the Suh late-hits on Brady, and maybe some stomps on those hands as he walks away.

 

Pats will take the penalty yards. TBs a tough dude, he will be fine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Pats will take the penalty yards. TBs a tough dude, he will be fine.

I only said it could be fun for Pete to watch the rag-tossing of TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BMcP said:

Rams' DTs combine to rank: -- 1st in pressures forced (136) -- 1st in sacks (24)

Yeah and Donald had 20.5 of those sacks and over 100 of those pressures. Donald is an absolute beast and the best player in the NFL on both sides of the field. But The rest of their pass rush and DLine leaves a lot to be desired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.