PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

wth

 

OK I'm not sure what this means, you might as well not say anything.

 

But here is the actual line I found online (I was just making a talking point for my guess)

 

Receptions Over Under
6.5 -130 Even
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a ton REAL football stories surrounding the biggest game of the year. But yet ESPN NFL frontpage is headlining story about Women’s bathrooms. And the writer is their “Senior writer” as well. Tell you all you need to know about that company. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN died to me the day they led off Sportcenter with a breathless story that Tim Tebow was third on the Broncos depth chart.

 

As for James White, I would still take the under even at 6.5.  This feels more like a Sony Michel/Rex Burkhead type of game.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

 

OK I'm not sure what this means, you might as well not say anything.

 

But here is the actual line I found online (I was just making a talking point for my guess)

 

Receptions Over Under
6.5 -130 Even

It means people thought that you had posted an actual prop bet, not whimsy.

Edited by psygolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, psygolf said:

It means people thought that you had posted an actual prop bet, not whimsy.

+5 for excellent use of the term "whimsy."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ginocan said:

There are a ton REAL football stories surrounding the biggest game of the year. But yet ESPN NFL frontpage is headlining story about Women’s bathrooms. And the writer is their “Senior writer” as well. Tell you all you need to know about that company. 

 

They’re fond of micturating?

 

Fairly interesting article, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

It means people thought that you had posted an actual prop bet, not whimsy.

 

I thought that was fairly obvious myself, but I’m glad you responded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

ESPN died to me the day they led off Sportcenter with a breathless story that Tim Tebow was third on the Broncos depth chart.

 

As for James White, I would still take the under even at 6.5.  This feels more like a Sony Michel/Rex Burkhead type of game.

 

Tim is still better that quite a few backups in the NFL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the Brady over PA is low/suckerish @ 37.5, but I cant remember the last playoff game he had under 40?

 

With that lethal short passing game this postseason, I wouldnt be suprised if this sails over

Edited by malta69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bellichick is the best coach I have ever seen and has the most motivated QB to be great of all time.

 

A truly lethal combination. They rotate assistant coaches every year but Belichick is able to keep the important ones like Dante Scarnnechia. Dominant OLine, best QB of all time, Belichick's defensive mind it is all a lethal combination and you have to give credit where credit is due.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Bellichick is the best coach I have ever seen and has the most motivated QB to be great of all time.

 

A truly lethal combination. They rotate assistant coaches every year but Belichick is able to keep the important ones like Dante Scarnnechia. Dominant OLine, best QB of all time, Belichick's defensive mind it is all a lethal combination and you have to give credit where credit is due.

 

 

Without each other > it all falls apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Without each other > it all falls apart.

And cheating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And cheating.

Meh...I get more frustrated with the egregious holding the NFL lets NE & GB get away with every week.

 

 I understand it, but it’s laughable.

Edited by psygolf
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 3:38 AM, BMcP said:

Rams' DTs combine to rank: -- 1st in pressures forced (136) -- 1st in sacks (24)

as much as I hate to say this, as a Pats fan, this is a major concern. Don't think the game will be as easy as people suggest. The so-called experts are picking the pats but I think it's because of the respect they have, but as a football team, Rams seems to be better. Obviously, I hope i'm wrong but damn, I'm so nervous already

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

"As much as I hate to say this, as a Pats fan, this is a major concern. Don't think the game will be as easy as people suggest. The so-called experts are picking the pats but I think it's because of the respect they have, but as a football team, Rams seems to be better. Obviously, I hope i'm wrong but damn, I'm so nervous already."

 

Well, several days ago Shark presented an interesting hypothesis which points to perhaps the biggest weakness of the Rams offense. That being Goff's experience level. He theorized that Belichick might change up their defensive alignment after the headset cuts out. Here are several articles on the subject:

 

Quote

"Goff does a lot of things well. One of them is NOT calling his own plays. Or even his own audibles and “Kill” calls. Those are called in by McVay on the helmet radio. The Rams typically break the huddle with plenty of time for the coaches upstairs to look over the defense and send down the final play. To counter that, the Pats will need to disguise their coverages until after the helmet communication is cut off, which is by rule 15 seconds before the play clock runs out. Which is easier said than done when the Rams put in all those presnap motions to get you to reveal your scheme."  https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/heres-all-the-advice-the-pats-will-need-to-stop-sean-mcvays-offense

 

Quote

"McVay has been criticized for getting the Rams to the line of scrimmage quickly so he can maximize the time he has to communicate with Goff. And that means McVay can take advantage of that time to assess what the defense is giving them and direct Goff accordingly. ... Goff does have latitude to audible out of a play, but he said that’s pretty rare." https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/30/16719282/rams-sean-mcvay-jared-goff-job-pre-snap-communication-cheating-rules

 

This would suggest the game could be decided between the time the Rams break from the huddle & prior to the snap. Both articles are consistent in that the play is decided after they break from the huddle. Thing about that, usually the play is sent in along with one to audible to. There's the QB's cadence or kill or code for kill. But here, Goff is told the play at the LOS, which is okay so long as their terminology is updated. Just me but this seems like the sort of thing that's right in Belichick's wheelhouse! :lol:     

Edited by markrc99
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilmore will shut down Woods. Cooks will be man covered and jammed at the line with help with over the top coverage so no big p!ays.  Watkins will pull his hammy on the first series....Van Noy will contain Gurley and Fat CJ. Goff will implode after being attacked like Mighty Mahomes was runnning for his life with the Exotic blitz packages Belichick came up with.

 

Easy win.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Gilmore will shut down Woods. Cooks will be man covered and jammed at the line with help with over the top coverage so no big p!ays.  Watkins will pull his hammy on the first series....Van Noy will contain Gurley and Fat CJ. Goff will implode after being attacked like Mighty Mahomes was runnning for his life with the Exotic blitz packages Belichick came up with.

 

Easy win.

 

 

 

 

Watkins?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any other prop bettors? I always throw a bunch of dart throws but I really like these ones this year.


First pass by goff incomplete +170
Yes two point conversion attempt +145
Gostkowski missed xp +700
CJA td +230
Edelman last td 10/1
Hekker attempts pass +400

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Gilmore will shut down Woods. Cooks will be man covered and jammed at the line with help with over the top coverage so no big p!ays.  Watkins will pull his hammy on the first series....Van Noy will contain Gurley and Fat CJ. Goff will implode after being attacked like Mighty Mahomes was runnning for his life with the Exotic blitz packages Belichick came up with.

 

Easy win.

 

 

 

 

 

Rams will run the ball 35+ times while maintaining TOP and pick their spots with downfield play action. Their defense will suffocate and the immobile Brady will be taken down 7+ times. 

 

Easy win.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, markrc99 said:

 

Well, several days ago Shark presented an interesting hypothesis which points to perhaps the biggest weakness of the Rams offense. That being Goff's experience level. He theorized that Belichick might change up their defensive alignment after the headset cuts out. Here are several articles on the subject:

 

 

 

This would suggest the game could be decided between the time the Rams break from the huddle & prior to the snap. Both articles are consistent in that the play is decided after they break from the huddle. Thing about that, usually the play is sent in along with one to audible to. There's the QB's cadence or kill or code for kill. But here, Goff is told the play at the LOS, which is okay so long as their terminology is updated. Just me but this seems like the sort of thing that's right in Belichick's wheelhouse! :lol:     

 

There’s been a ton of discussion about this potential weakness, but I think it should be noted that the Rams rushed to the line and snapped the ball within five seconds of the refs’ spotting the ball well over three times more frequently than any other team this season.  I feel like this element might be somewhat overblown at this point.

 

Even the ever-present threat of the quick snap makes defenses less inclined to disguise coverages, even if it turns out to be a regular snap.  Their EPA/snap is an amazing .31 on quick snaps vs. a still-good .12 on regular snaps.

Edited by BMcP
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

as much as I hate to say this, as a Pats fan, this is a major concern. Don't think the game will be as easy as people suggest. The so-called experts are picking the pats but I think it's because of the respect they have, but as a football team, Rams seems to be better. Obviously, I hope i'm wrong but damn, I'm so nervous already

 

It’s definitely a major concern, but this Patriots interior might be the best we’ve seen in years at stopping the pass rush.  They allowed only three sacks all season to DTs.  Plus Brady is getting rid of the ball even faster than he did during the regular season, averaging less than 2.5 seconds before release.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OTOH, the Rams secondary has fared far better against quick-release QBs than regular-release QBs this season, due mainly to their CBs’ propensity for abandoning their coverage responsibilities to squeeze passing lanes just after the snap: they rank 7th in Passer Rating against a quick release vs. 29th.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.