PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

1 minute ago, markrc99 said:

This suggests there isn't any evidence and conversely, no matter how glaringly obvious the truth is, haters won't ever acknowledge.... Well, you're sincerely encouraged to white knight this thing, if you can. I think Sean McVay is a good example, have you never seen him communicating while covering his mouth with his play sheet? Or that of any number of other play-callers? Why do you suppose they do that? Perhaps you could concede that there's no greater advantage than knowing your opponent is running on any given play?   

But the Patriots often know what the opponent's defensive signals are, as well.  One of the reasons they are almost always in the correct play while they have the ball.  Steve Young was quoted a few years back as saying: "once the offensive coaching staff figures out the opponent's defensive signals, the game is over," or words to that effect.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But the Patriots often know what the opponent's defensive signals are, as well.  One of the reasons they are almost always in the correct play while they have the ball.  Steve Young was quoted a few years back as saying: "once the offensive coaching staff figures out the opponent's defensive signals, the game is over," or words to that effect.

You don't need defensive signals to read a defense. Hell, Tony Romo knows what's coming half the time you don't think the GOAT knows ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

So it's beneath a real man to consider whether the community would've been better served by refuting the argument? Clearly, neither of you did because you can't!  BigBen wanted to know how & I told him. 

Refute what? No matter what I write, spell or speak, you will refute back with a bunch of blah blah garbage how the Patriots are cheaters. This is going nowhere that is why this thread was locked last night. Instead of following the mod advise you went right back to why this thread was locked. Let’s keep it at this years SB matchup it is an interesting one no need to bring up the past. 

• Thanks 1

Whatever team can run the ball consistency and control the clock will win the game. 

Patriots in a romp. 42-24. Michel runs for over 100 yds. Brady is the MVP again. 

Control Donald & Suh is the key for this Patriot win 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

It won’t help when Belichick benches Gilmore hours before the game. 

But Gilmore is actually pretty good!

1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

This suggests there isn't any evidence and conversely, no matter how glaringly obvious the truth is, haters won't ever acknowledge.... Well, you're sincerely encouraged to white knight this thing, if you can. I think Sean McVay is a good example, have you never seen him communicating while covering his mouth with his play sheet? Or that of any number of other play-callers? Why do you suppose they do that? Perhaps you could concede that there's no greater advantage than knowing what your opponent is running on any given play?   

My reading comprehension was definitely challenged right there but the point I was making is that I, like many other Patriots fans (can't speak for all of them, there's plenty of people that get mad online), really don't get bothered when people call them the Cheatriots because at the end of the day we still get to watch the team we root for play in the Super Bowl.. As football fans that's what we all go into the season watching for, so why would I care that Dave from Manitowoc says "the Patriots have to cheat to win"? Did Spygate happen? Sure. Did Deflategate cause Brady to get suspended? Yep. Are the Patriots about to play in their 3rd consecutive Super Bowl? You already know, and that's what I care about. 

On the other side of the coin are the people that say the Patriots cheat and enjoy reminding everyone as often as they can... Giving them facts about ball deflation physics or arguing about sideline filming etiquette isn't gonna change their opinion on the team either, it is what it is... it's a tired back and forth that results in talking in circles for those that choose to participate. Talking the X's and O's of the Super Bowl matchup that is taking place (whether you like it or not) is a far more productive conversation

Edited by MoonBlaster

Who cares, Rams are going to lose anyways lol

Edited by CABLE87
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

On the other side of the coin are the people that say the Patriots cheat and enjoy reminding everyone as often as they can... Giving them facts about ball deflation physics or arguing about sideline filming etiquette isn't gonna change their opinion on the team either, it is what it is... it's a tired back and forth that results in talking in circles for those that choose to participate. Talking the X's and O's of the Super Bowl matchup that is taking place (whether you like it or not) is a far more productive conversation

BOOM! This guy nails it. Someone get him his drink of choice!

7 hours ago, Gandalfthecat said:

It won’t help when Belichick benches Gilmore hours before the game. 

As long as Gilmore isn't at that strip club till 2 am the night before the game I don't see that happening.

2 hours ago, MoonBlaster said:

My reading comprehension was definitely challenged right there but the point I was making is that I, like many other Patriots fans (can't speak for all of them, there's plenty of people that get mad online), really don't get bothered when people call them the Cheatriots because at the end of the day we still get to watch the team we root for play in the Super Bowl.. As football fans that's what we all go into the season watching for, so why would I care that Dave from Manitowoc says "the Patriots have to cheat to win"? Did Spygate happen? Sure. Did Deflategate cause Brady to get suspended? Yep. Are the Patriots about to play in their 3rd consecutive Super Bowl? You already know, and that's what I care about. 

As a Patriots fan who acknowledges these guys did cheat repeatedly?  Much respect.

21 minutes ago, BMcP said:

As a Patriots fan who acknowledges these guys did cheat repeatedly?  Much respect.

If that makes you feel validated in your thoughts and we can move on to discussing the actual game then sure lol

1 minute ago, MoonBlaster said:

If that makes you feel validated in your thoughts and we can move on to discussing the actual game then sure lol

Coolness! I can’t wait!

It is not a question of whether the Patriots cheat.  The questions are, just how have they adjusted their cheating to avoid detection?  What specific cheating techniques are they currently employing?  And how long will it take for the world to find out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It is not a question of whether the Patriots cheat.  The questions are, just how have they adjusted their cheating to avoid detection?  What specific cheating techniques are they currently employing?  And how long will it take for the world to find out?

I bet they are studying game film. And also working on certain formations in practice. I bet they will even go so far as to game plan against the other teams tendancies. Maybe the coaching staff is working around the clock and staying overnight at the facility. I bet that rascal rabbit Kraft is buying dinners and footing the bill for it all. Those clever jerks are flying under the radar. Imagine if they randomly over and under flate the balls to make the team execute under any circumstances. I wonder if they go so far as to change the cadence of the play calling. Sheesh, all this in two weeks. Dirty sons of guns. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Whatever team can run the ball consistency and control the clock will win the game. 

Patriots in a romp. 42-24. Michel runs for over 100 yds. Brady is the MVP again. 

Control Donald & Suh is the key for this Patriot win 

It’ll come down to how good the Rams are at hiding the playbook.

On a serious note, Gurley will decide this game. More specifically, his health. If he’s ready to go and the Rams can consistently feed him it can be an interesting game.

NFL network says 4 Rams have played in Superbowl before. I may be wrong but might be 27 for Pats. 

27 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

NFL network says 4 Rams have played in Superbowl before. I may be wrong but might be 27 for Pats. 

Talib with the Broncos and Cooks with the Patriots come to mind. Not sure who else as a starter previously played in a SB.

21 minutes ago, devaster said:

Talib with the Broncos and Cooks with the Patriots come to mind. Not sure who else as a starter previously played in a SB.

Anderson and Shields were also in Super Bowls. 

Pretty sure Suh will be willing to commit unnecessary-roughness against Tom early on in the game to set a tone.

1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Anybody have stats on superbowl experience between the two teams?

Good question...How many did Philly have last year?

13 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Pretty sure Suh will be willing to commit unnecessary-roughness against Tom early on in the game to set a tone.

That would definitely rattle the sixth rounder. The only tone that will set is the refs making sure pillows are being placed on the ground before tackling Brady or the flag is coming out even more than it already does.

29 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Good question...How many did Philly have last year?

You tell me. All I know is there is a chip on Pats shoulders this season. 

It is easy. Every day these guys work harder. This young qb will piss in his pants.