PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

Don't expect the Rams fan base to launch another petition to remove referee John Parry from the Super Bowl. Parry has worked 7 Rams games since 2008 & the Rams are 7-0. He worked one NE game this season & the Pats were assessed a season-high 14 penalties in a loss at Pittsburgh.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

"Looks like you spent some time typing all that out despite my saying I wasn’t interested in a response. Certainly you know that I won’t be reading it.

Cheers."

I suspect you did & realize I shredded your hokey, lollipop premise! This seems like a good spot; to me, to roll with the status-quo is to embrace unquestionably, mandatory thought! Oh, but it is, we cannot escape it. 

4 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

I suspect you did & realize I shredded your hokey, lollipop premise! This seems like a good spot; to me, to roll with the status-quo is to embrace unquestionably, mandatory thought! Oh, but it is, we cannot escape it. 

Suspect all ya want chief! Whatever helps you get through your day.

EDIT: And whatever premise you were trying to "shred" can't be "shredded" considering everything I said is factual and really can't be disputed. I guess I'll never know, huh? Hahaha.

Edited by ThreadKiller

I just have a moment here. No, what you accepted as fact was in the literature & they certainly benefit from you trusting it. But what I posted refutes any notion that a representative from the league is at every stadium in a control room that has him at the very least, monitoring the power grid & supporting infrastructure of the facility.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Goodall is a good example, so many dislike him, he's this emperor misusing his power or some nonsense... when the reality is that he's just their little dog. 

14 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Your first point, I've already addressed & the source you provided confirms as much. I've also addressed your 2nd point, but here are two separate reports that corroborate one another:

An official statement, note the part I emphasized, we believe. Not, we troubleshooted & we resolved the matter, thus we determined... League personnel pressing the talk/don't talk key simply defer to whoever does resolve any given technical issue. Well, who would that be?  

The league official operating the communications system doesn't have anything to do with determining or resolving any given issue. That would be the company hired to provide that service, obviously on Bob Kraft's payroll. There's also what your own source says:

"Bose sends 50 headsets to every stadium and home teams are supposed to provide equipment for visiting teams, as the league's gameday manual states that home teams are aware for installing and maintaining these systems. Many NFL teams choose to bring their own headsets to avoid fishiness, but they'd still have to use that headset on the communication system set up by the home team."

Now, the word "aware" is obviously a misprint. What your source means to say is just what the others do, home teams are responsible "for installing and maintaining these systems." 

You forgot to address the part where multiple coaches have stated it happens in every stadium and isn't specific to one location. So either you believe one of  3 things...

1) Every home team is jamming sets because it happens in every stadium (unlikely)

2) The sets suck because multiple coaches have said they suck and they go out in every stadium ( likely)

3) You have Patriot Derangement Syndrome and believe the Patriots are responsible for jamming the sets in every stadium 

“It’s a league problem. It’s wherever,” said Panthers coach Ron Rivera. “It will go out right in the middle and not just here or in New England or in San Francisco, but it could go out in a critical time.”

Said Texans coach Bill O’Brien: “It happened in Dallas, it happens here, it happens wherever I’ve been.”

Said Eagles coach Chip Kelly: “I’ve heard a lot of things on the headsets, I think there’s a lot of frequency issues some places. I’ve heard air traffic control and a lot of different things.”

Said Cowboys coach Jason Garrett: “That’s certainly been a part of having to deal with game day situations, throughout my career as a player and a coach.”

Said Jets coach Todd Bowles: “It’s happened a bunch of other places. There have been times when the headsets have gone out, it wasn’t New England, I can’t remember the places we’ve had it, but we’ve had some of those headset problems.”

Said Lions coach Jim Caldwell: “It happens sometimes, sometimes there are quirks and technology is not always perfect. Things pop up. The problem is if you’re not prepared for it. If you’re not prepared for it, you’re going to have some issues.”

• Like 4

NFL fans:  "You know what we really want to see?  Saints vs. Chiefs!"

NFL refs:  "You really think we're gonna let that happen?"

• Like 1

On the subject of headsets, I don’t see why it’s hard to believe that: 1) they frequently don’t work properly at all times in all stadiums:; and simultaneously 2) certain teams, Patriots included, may be inclined to use that fact to their advantage.

If you don’t think there was any wrongdoing at the Headsetgate game, you must believe it was a rather bizarre series of timing coincidences that persisted throughout the entire game.  

• Like 2

I’m trying to think of some sports teams I don’t like so that I can go to their threads on a message board in order to have my negative opinion validated by strangers. Gotta make sure they know I hate the team they root for!

Edited by ThreadKiller

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

On the subject of headsets, I don’t see why it’s hard to believe that: 1) they frequently don’t work properly at all times in all stadiums:; and simultaneously 2) certain teams, Patriots included, may be inclined to use that fact to their advantage.

If you don’t think there was any wrongdoing at the Headsetgate game, you must believe it was a rather bizarre series of timing coincidences that persisted throughout the entire game.  

Did you see this

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-year-old-kid-won-science-fair-proving-tom-brady-cheater-184439991.html?ncid=facebook_projecttil_xxfod816nko&fbclid=IwAR1nTGSF8ZbZJ5QnLG-6KoMMfXpR-pNitKEJ5sf6agLwwZJy5XDaRQJ_AeI

A 10 year old kid his science fair project 

lol

spygate 

deflategate 

headsetgate 

lol

Edited by shakestreet

9 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

He sounds like he’s been raised by some level headed sports fans who use logic when forming their opinions.

11 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Hahaha, his quotes are great too.

How did you come up with the idea for your science fair project?

Because I hate Tom Brady, he’s been accused of cheating before, I want him to be caught.

If you could share a message with Tom Brady what would you say to him?

Gimme some of your money, you don’t deserve it.

We heard you won the event at the school and are off to states?

Yep and I’m gonna win that too.

4 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

He sounds like he’s been raised by some level headed sports fans who use logic when forming their opinions.

My word of advice to you. 

Chill 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

My word of advice to you. 

Chill 

???

I’m completely chill and able laugh at stupidity lol. No one is mad here bro.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

im sure his parents influenced him.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

im sure his parents influenced him.

What state was that story in?

38 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What state was that story in?

Meet Ace Davis, a 10 year old kid from Lexington, Kentucky 

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Meet Ace Davis, a 10 year old kid from Lexington, Kentucky 

Well, now that it’s all been proven, we can all move on now.  (Though using the classic pic of Tom crying his eyes out might cast some doubt on his scientific integrity.)

BTW, if anyone wants to call Ace a “hater,” it’s all good with me - after all, it’s how he identifies himself!

Edited by BMcP

I really don't know what people expect. As I mentioned before, it's difficult to get the notion of a cheater out of a lot of peoples head once you've cheated. There's also a reason for it, former cheaters are significantly more likely to do it again. It's always going to be a stain on the Patriots legacy and there's really nothing that can be done about it regardless of if you agree with it or not. 

• Like 1

NFL fined Rams CB Nickell Robey-Coleman $26,739 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Saints WR Tommylee Lewis in Sunday's NFC Championship.

In addition, the league revealed that Robey-Coleman also stabbed Lewis with a small knife on the play while lifting his wallet.  However, an official statement from the league office declared that the Rams will still go to the big game, that it is now time to forget what happened in New Orleans, and that the Super Bowl match-up is, nevertheless, entirely legit.

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2019 at 6:46 PM, The_Truth_Returns said:

Rams 31

Patriots 28

Goff will be like a deer in headlights. It would not surprise me if the Pats blow them out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gohawks said:

"I really don't know what people expect. As I mentioned before, it's difficult to get the notion of a cheater out of a lot of peoples head once you've cheated. There's also a reason for it, former cheaters are significantly more likely to do it again. It's always going to be a stain on the Patriots legacy and there's really nothing that can be done about it regardless of if you agree with it or not." 

For me it's entirely that the counterargument is just one fallacy after another. Two themes, no evidence, just fans who hate the Patriots & what's perceived to be true of them is true of only them. Here's another NFL great, Steve Young:

"Cleveland was a lousy team. But it was as if Cleveland's defense knew our plays in advance. We couldn't figure out how they were doing it. I threw three interceptions and we lost 23-13." http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17787665/wrong-how-san-francisco-qb-steve-young-played-anxiety-nfl

He's referencing a game played in 1993 & for the worshippers I suppose it's: look how far back Mark has to go to find . something, anything. ha-ha. Not, this guy certainly has a history of knowing more than what anyone would otherwise expect. The part that's emphasized, what their peers accuse them of, what they've been found guilty of, that's it! How, who can say? But what's consistent to this day, they're always in the right play.  

i said it before the chiefs and pats game and ill say it again.....the first team that scores a Touchdown will win the game...

8 hours ago, MrWannaBee said:

Goff will be like a deer in headlights. It would not surprise me if the Pats blow them out.

Patriots have never Blown out any team in the SB. its gonna be another who has the ball last type of games....

although id rather it be a pats blowout so my blood pressure can stay low.