PizzaBeerFF

Superbowl LIII: Patriots v Rams

22 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Patriots have never Blown out any team in the SB. its gonna be another who has the ball last type of games....

although id rather it be a pats blowout so my blood pressure can stay low.

I see this playing out a lot like Saints/Rams 1, where the Pats go to an early lead and the Rams catch up but still lose.

9 hours ago, MrWannaBee said:

Goff will be like a deer in headlights. It would not surprise me if the Pats blow them out.

I think all 8 of the Belicheck Superbowls have been decided by a single score, could be wrong there.  I expect Wade Phillips to give Brady fits with the scheme, just as he did with the Broncos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I honestly did not realize how good the Rams D has been with Talib: 18.3 ppg, 204 pass yds and 102 rush yds per, 1.8 TO.  

Plus the Rams have held the Cowboys and Saints to a combined 98 yards rushing in their last two victories.  That defense is going to be a problem the Pats will have to solve if they intend to win this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

the short passes to white will be the running game.

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

the short passes to white will be the running game.

Rams D was third-best against early-down RB passes

How is the gurley prop bets looking? With the emergence of cja, you could get some nice deals on betting on gurleys usage/production.  Since they made it to the final game with gurley fresh, you could see a huge workload from him.

19 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I think all 8 of the Belicheck Superbowls have been decided by a single score, could be wrong there.  I expect Wade Phillips to give Brady fits with the scheme, just as he did with the Broncos.

Doesn't surprise me, the Super Bowl comes down to the two best teams that season and both have two weeks to rest/gameplan 

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Rams D was third-best against early-down RB passes

Pats are a diff animal.

2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

How is the gurley prop bets looking? With the emergence of cja, you could get some nice deals on betting on gurleys usage/production.  Since they made it to the final game with gurley fresh, you could see a huge workload from him.

Earlier I was looking into Christian McCaffrey & Nick Chubb & noticed that Gurley was subject to a stacked front a whooping...... 8% of the time. I couldn't believe it! A few years back, that's all he saw. So does New England cut against the grain & flood the short zone like they did vs KC? Or do they sit back & crash down post snap?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Earlier I was looking into Christian McCaffrey & Nick Chubb & noticed that Gurley was subject to a stacked front a whooping...... 8% of the time. I couldn't believe it! A few years back, that's all he saw. So does New England cut against the grain & flood the short zone like they did vs KC? Or do they sit back & crash down post snap?  

It seems highly likely to me that BB will try to take away the run, and then switch his formation after the headset is turned off, forcing Goff to make his own adjustments, unaided by McVay.  If so, Goff will have to beat New England's excellent secondary with under-pressure throws.

McVay likely knows this, but the Rams may be able to run anyway, since their line is blocking really well, and Anderson and Gurley have both piled up big numbers in the playoffs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

A few years back his coach was Jeff Fisher.

’Nuff said.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It seems highly likely to me that BB will try to take away the run, and then switch his formation after the headset is turned off, forcing Goff to make his own adjustments, unaided by McVay.  If so, Goff will have to beat New England's excellent secondary with under-pressure throws.

McVay likely knows this, but the Rams may be able to run anyway, since their line is blocking really well, and Anderson and Gurley have both piled up big numbers in the playoffs.

“Excellent” secondary is a bit of a stretch - I think they finished ranked 14th against the pass.

35 minutes ago, BMcP said:

“Excellent” secondary is a bit of a stretch - I think they finished ranked 14th against the pass.

But was that because they faced so many passes, having played with the lead for most of the season?

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

But was that because they faced so many passes, having played with the lead for most of the season?

Possibly - they ranked fifth in passing attempts against.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Possibly - they ranked fifth in passing attempts against.

Thanks for your continued support. For all of you valient efforts I stand here ready to deliver the best knews for you, straight from the crown...

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/390068/zero-chance-brady-retires-after-super-bowl?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

It is a most joyous occasion, and as a self proclaimed Pats fan an night of Brady's watchmen, certainly you will drink to this most joyous occasion. 

I just wish I had your dedication where in public you were admit screaming to the heavens "we are still hear, we are still hear, let's go pats!". 

You sure are a true Pats fan BMcP!

• Haha 3

I feel like there’s a level of meta-humor here that is going right over my head...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I feel like there’s a level of meta-humor here that is going right over my head...

No, you got it. :)

First SB I won’t watch a single play.

16 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Its a good point.  I can definitely see Belicheck turning the fact that McVay is basically playing QB from the sideline against them.  Whether it an entire defensive shift after 25 seconds and the mics go out, or whatever.  Belicheck forces the weakest links on your team to beat you, and they may feel Goff reading a defense is it.  Should be a great game. 

19 hours ago, BMcP said:

Pats secondary is pretty good, for sure not excellent.

• Thanks 1

Fun Fact:  If Rams beat Pats, the Greatest Quarterback Of All Time will be 3-6* in Super Bowls.

*adjusted using Opposition Coaching Ineptitude Metric

• Thanks 1