Homerj24

Aaron Hicks 2019 Outlook

Hicks went 27/11 last year with 90 runs and 79 RBI. I've always liked him and felt he just needed an every day job. Can we expect an encore?

• Like 1

yes

i also think hes going to leadoff which is a very good thing in fantasy

btw he put those numbers up in 480 ABs.  if he can actually play 150 games (big if) and lead off...look out.  very underrated IMO especially OBP leagues

Edited by jfazz23

There's a lot to like with Hicks: great walk rate, good K rate, decent ADP (118), hitting high in the order of a very powerful lineup.

But I'm skeptical of a couple things that maybe some folks could address:

- Low average upside (~.250) resulting from what?  He seems to pull the ball too much (45% pull% in 2018), only 17.8% opp%. 

- 19% HR/FB rate in 2018 looks really unsustainable. 

- He showed a lot more speed and SB potential early in the minors, but in 2013 it looks like he pretty much stopped running.  He took 13 bags in 2015 with the Twins, 3 in 2016, and 10 in 2017, and 11 last season.

So I'm concerned he could put up a line more like .250/20/60/80/5 than .265/25/75/100/15.  He's being drafted in an OF clump that contains Myers, Pollock, Brantley, Gordon, and Puig.  At this moment I prefer a couple others over Hicks in that group.

30 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

There's a lot to like with Hicks: great walk rate, good K rate, decent ADP (118), hitting high in the order of a very powerful lineup.

But I'm skeptical of a couple things that maybe some folks could address:

- Low average upside (~.250) resulting from what?  He seems to pull the ball too much (45% pull% in 2018), only 17.8% opp%. 

- He showed a lot more speed and SB potential early in the minors, but in 2013 it looks like he pretty much stopped running.  He took 13 bags in 2015 with the Twins, 3 in 2016, and 10 in 2017, and 11 last season.

So I'm concerned he could put up a line more like .250/20/60/80/5 than .265/25/75/100/15.  He's being drafted in an OF clump that contains Myers, Pollock, Brantley, Gordon, and Puig.  At this moment I prefer a couple others over Hicks in that group.

not for a switch hitter in yankee stadium

i still believe his biggest concern is health

Edited by jfazz23

season hasn't even started and he is injured.

Aaron Hicks (back) has been ruled out for Opening Day.

Hicks had been optimistic that he'd it back in time for the opener, but he needed another cortisone shot Sunday. The hope is that he'll be ready to play in time for the second series of the season, although we'll just have to wait and see how he recovers over the next few weeks. Assuming the Yankees place him on the injured list, this will mark the seventh straight season that Hicks has had at least one DL/IL stint and the 10th time overall. Brett Gardner will handle center field while Hicks is out, while Giancarlo Stanton figures to see more time in the outfield.

Mar 17, 2019, 10:16 AM

On 2/17/2019 at 6:23 AM, Ecofolux said:

Huge year if he does and stays healthy.

Thanks a lot Ecofojinx

"Thanks for the payday, suckers!  If you need me, I'll be on the golf course with Jacoby".

- Aaron Hicks.  March 14, 2019

Step in the right direction...