brockpapersizer

IBW Prospect List

Just another list where where Taylor Widener is drastically underrated. The glowing write up doesn't quite seem to match the 319 ranking.

• Like 2

Halp is notorious for devaluing pitchers

2 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Just another list where where Taylor Widener is drastically underrated. The glowing write up doesn't quite seem to match the 319 ranking.

Halp is notorious for devaluing pitchers 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael-IBW said:

Thanks for posting this brock and appreciate the kind words. I ranked Chavis on my top 1000, but I must of missed him when I did the prospects only list. It is updated. Also, tryptamine is right that the write up and projection on Widener was better than my ranking of him. I moved him up a little bit. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Keep up the good work.  Really enjoyed the analysis and projections, both for present and future.  

• Like 1

I enjoyed the list, a good read for sure. Lots of aggressive placements. Love the Kieboom and Luis Garcia (WAS) ranks.

Must admit the O'Neill rank at 15 threw me a bit!

Sixto write up made me sad...but is probably accurate :(

Still going thru the back-end of the list.

• Like 1

Tyler O'Neill was one of the first sleeper articles I wrote when I started my website in 2016 and nobody was talking about him, so he holds a special place in my heart. But completely objectively, I think he is going to mash and has speed too.

Good list, and it serves as a good reminder of players that fantasy owners should keep an eye out for, although personally I’d have ranked Elehuris Montero higher than 144, he’s got the numbers.

• Like 2

Great list.  I also like to add that the chrome and trim stuff -- ages of players and ETA estimates -- are something I really really appreciate too and are often overlooked by other sites.  They are part of the context in which the stat projections are set after all.  So thanks big time!

• Like 3

Michael, glad to see you are back to writing after a year off.

Great overall list, very little I disagree with too vehemently.

I know I will be using it as a major resource for the 2 FYPD I have coming up (2 new leagues) and the annual MiLB draft for my long running 30 team league.

Thanks again for your hard work.

• Like 1

Great list will certainly use it as a tool in my first year dynasty draft. Love the placements for Wander Franco, Kristian Robinson, Luciano and a couple others. Also good to see you haven't given up on Corey Ray and Luiz Gohara. Good to see someone like Christian Stewart as much as me. The only 3 guys that I'm a lot higher on are Sixto Sanchez, Kyle Wright and Heliot Ramos.

• Like 1

Michael I wasn’t aware of your site. I am now. I love this list. Great work and a big thank you. Do you ever do a list that includes rookies as well? I’d like to see a list like this combined with international, college, and high school players. After every draft there’s new guys that shoot up in the rankings. I’m in a deep Dynasty League and the trick is finding the golden nuggets, before everyone else knows about them. I know it’s a tough thing to rank them so early, but I’d love to see how someone like Andrew Vaughn, for instance, would rank on this list.

• Like 2

Thanks Team Dynasty. I've never done a list including players who weren't signed/drafted yet, but it has surely been a thought. I usually don't start really digging hard into those guys until the season starts, but I will keep it in mind for the future to maybe ramp up my research of them earlier. I've played in open universe dynasty leagues, so I know how important it is to be on next season's rookie crop early (and even younger guys too). Thanks again.

Edited by Michael-IBW
  • Like 4

On 1/25/2019 at 7:36 AM, Team Dynasty said:

Michael I wasn’t aware of your site. I am now. I love this list. Great work and a big thank you. Do you ever do a list that includes rookies as well? I’d like to see a list like this combined with international, college, and high school players. After every draft there’s new guys that shoot up in the rankings. I’m in a deep Dynasty League and the trick is finding the golden nuggets, before everyone else knows about them. I know it’s a tough thing to rank them so early, but I’d love to see how someone like Andrew Vaughn, for instance, would rank on this list.

Hey Team Dynasty, just wanted to give you a heads up that I released my 2020 FYPD ranking on my site, and included where each guy would rank on my 2019 Top 472 Prospects Ranking. Hope this is what you were looking for

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

damn...acuna above betts...i'm liking that.....................

5 year age difference is pretty significant in Dynasty. I dont think it would be crazy to prefer either honestly.

Edited by brockpapersizer

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

5 year age difference is pretty significant in Dynasty. I dont think it would be crazy to prefer either honestly.

oh no doubt--just liking it because i own acuna haha

but full disclosure...when i posted that i failed to realize it was the dynasty list

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 9:30 PM, Michael-IBW said:

Thanks for posting this brock and appreciate the kind words. I ranked Chavis on my top 1000, but I must of missed him when I did the prospects only list. It is updated. Also, tryptamine is right that the write up and projection on Widener was better than my ranking of him. I moved him up a little bit. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Great list! Glad this got posted and I came across it. 

• Like 1

First time finding this. Skimmed for about 30 seconds and made a donation. You da man.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LarsonLarsen said:

First time finding this. Skimmed for about 30 seconds and made a donation. You da man.

Very cool! Thank you!

• Like 1