j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

#freeokafor

There is no 2018-2019 THREAD for this stud. Outlook while AD is out?

Edited by j3rkthenurk

With the rises of Zubac, Zizic, Zokac, Zukic, and Thomas Bryant from out of nowhere, might as well see if Jah can revive some rookie magic. 

Edited by Crazycanto
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Didn't see that coming (especially the 35 minutes), but had to pick him up.  If it was a fluke, oh well.  If not, then maybe I have a solid partial replacement for Davis for a week or so.

Probably will be his best game of the year but should be a decent low end replacement for AD while he's out. Okafor is better for fantasy than he is for real life.

1 hour ago, Crazycanto said:

With the rises of Zubac, Zizic, Zokac, Zukic, and Thomas Bryant from out of nowhere, might as well see if Jah can revive some rookie magic. 

Forgot about Zornet if only he didn't get injured today. 

Edited by Raiiny

Just traded for Zulius Zandle and picked up Zizic and now  Zahlil Zokafor would be zelightful if he were to pan out too...also its quite zominous that Anthony Daviz might "need to see a specializt" after Thursday'z game.

Don't Zzz...:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dfstout said:

Just traded for Zulius Zandle and picked up Zizic and now  Zahlil Zokafor would be zelightful if he were to pan out too...also its quite zominous that Anthony Daviz might "need to see a specializt" after Thursday'z game.

Well Davis shouldn't go from 1-2 weeks to out until after fantasy playoffs :D ? which makes Okafor irrelevant for the long term

17 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Well Davis shouldn't go from 1-2 weeks to out until after fantasy playoffs :D ? which makes Okafor irrelevant for the long term

we'll zee? :P

I didn't have a 3rd C to stream, so I picked him up.  I mean he's free an all, and had a good game.  He's got two games in a row, and he'll be starting for me at UTIL.  Could go right back on the wire, but we can hope.

7 hours ago, swyck said:

I didn't have a 3rd C to stream, so I picked him up.  I mean he's free an all, and had a good game.  He's got two games in a row, and he'll be starting for me at UTIL.  Could go right back on the wire, but we can hope.

Can't fault that.  I'm doing the same.  Definitely worth a flier if you have the room, and maybe he ends up being at least a decent boost for a week or two. If not, then it's really no loss other than a game played (if you have a limit).

Davis could be out a month now...:ph34r:

14 hours ago, dfstout said:

Just grabbed Okafor with AD on the shelf. Hoping he pans out.  Only centers available are Zubac (3 way timeshare), Kornet (hurt and also 3 way timeshare), Vonleh (timeshare), and Dedmon (inconsistent).

6 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Just grabbed Okafor with AD on the shelf. Hoping he pans out.  Only centers available are Zubac (3 way timeshare), Kornet (hurt and also 3 way timeshare), Vonleh (timeshare), and Dedmon (inconsistent).

Dedmon has been well inside the top 100 all year, no way should be left on the wire.

On topic though Jahlil should be a good source of pts reb and fg% for however long AD is out.perfect streamer and I have grabbed him everywhere

Yesterday - "yeah I'll pick him up, I'll probably drop him in a week knowing AD may be more positive, maybe even earlier if yesterday was a matchup move" 

Now - "FREE JAH"

Edited by Crazycanto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crazycanto said:

Yesterday - "yeah I'll pick him up, I'll probably drop him in a week knowing AD may be more positive, maybe even earlier if yesterday was a matchup move" 

Now - "FREE JAH"

This guy could always score and rebound. His issue was always his defense. he is like Kanter pretty much.

I was going to take his blocks with a grain of salt but 2 of them were against Blake O_O

Edited by ellejamil

6 blocks....wtf

Beginning to think I slept big time.

I was one of those believers last season when he got traded to Brooklyn and went straight to the wire for Okafor within a minute..

Now this.....

I got laughed at in my league group chat for picking this guy up few days ago. Who's laughing now hahahhaha

I guess you just have to ignore the atrocious FT shooting when you get an otherwise great line from a freebie.

What will matter is TOs which coach will likely not be too happy about. If he's a net negative to the team winning he's going to get yanked real quick. 

3 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

What will matter is TOs which coach will likely not be too happy about. If he's a net negative to the team winning he's going to get yanked real quick. 

While I would agree with you most of the time, they don't have a choice right now regardless.  Davis is already out of course, and now Mirotic left the game tonight with a calf strain (according to Detroit's announcers).  The only way Okafor isn't going to continue to get big minutes for the foreseeable future is if he gets hurt.