j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, JoeDub_Taiwan#1 said:

Why is everyone dropping this guy? 

Because they don’t believe in big jah, AD is getting shutdown reguardless sometime after ASB, even if they Get fined 100k per game that’s peanuts to them rather then loesing assets in a trade if he tears an ACL, and they trying to get best lotto pick from their own team this year so why would they play the best player in the league if they trading him on draft day and they already out of the playoffs

there going to throw their major asset into the dungeon and throw away the key 🔑 to prevent any major injury , big jah going to indeed feast and he going to put up very similar stats to deandre ayton

• Thanks 1

On 2019-02-13 at 6:14 PM, Kawz said:

If AD stubs his toe N.O. will find a way to make it a big injury.  The fans are booing him and he’s on his way out.

Okafor will be gold.  Bet. 

😎 

Seems they go small ball lineup and don't play okafor :huh:

Someone dropped him today before the game because of bench rumors... Should I use #1 waiver on him? I am easily in first and coasting to playoffs, I would drop SGA

12 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

Someone dropped him today before the game because of bench rumors... Should I use #1 waiver on him? I am easily in first and coasting to playoffs, I would drop SGA

Who are you saving that #1 priority for this late in the season? It is like coaches that don’t use all their TOs. Can’t carry it over next game or next season. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Who are you saving that #1 priority for this late in the season? It is like coaches that don’t use all their TOs. Can’t carry it over next game or next season. 

I mean someone’s gotta be first, maybe he just got it. 

Fantasy aside, this dude's NBA future depend entirely on AD now.
Probably going through twitter and ESPN more than any of us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

Fantasy aside, this dude's NBA future depend entirely on AD now.
Probably going through twitter and ESPN more than any of us. 

Do you guys realize how awful okafor actually is? Or that he probably is incapable of playing a 20 game stretch without being injured? He has no nba future except maybe as an end of bench type backup center. Just because he can put up some solid fantasy lines when AD is out doesn't make him good. He cant defend the rim, he is largely immobile and he can't get back on D or defend any switch. 

I saw someone recently post "top 60 ros" which is pretty funny to hear. Prolly just played fantasy for first time so i won't hate too much. 

28 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Do you guys realize how awful okafor actually is? Or that he probably is incapable of playing a 20 game stretch without being injured? He has no nba future except maybe as an end of bench type backup center. Just because he can put up some solid fantasy lines when AD is out doesn't make him good. He cant defend the rim, he is largely immobile and he can't get back on D or defend any switch. 

I saw someone recently post "top 60 ros" which is pretty funny to hear. Prolly just played fantasy for first time so i won't hate too much. 

Jah is definitely a dinosaur in terms of the current NBA, but he can definitely put up big time stats on a bad team. Also he's the 39th ranked player in 9-cat over the last month (yahoo) so top-60 isn't totally out of the question. He'd probably need AD to sit out to come anywhere close to that though.

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

Awful is exaggerating it. Okafor is s great scorer in the post and can rebound. And when AD was out he was blocking shots. He doesn't fit in todays NBA but the guy can ball and would easily be talked about as one of the best centers in the league a decade ago.

48 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Awful is exaggerating it. Okafor is s great scorer in the post and can rebound. And when AD was out he was blocking shots. He doesn't fit in todays NBA but the guy can ball and would easily be talked about as one of the best centers in the league a decade ago.

this post makes more sense when I realize you said it's your first year and you traded Middleton + Draymond for Nance

Just now, richg24 said:

this post makes more sense when I realize you said it's your first year and you traded Middleton + Draymond for Nance

this post makes more sense but then I realized it has nothing to do with okafor

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

this post makes more sense but then I realized it has nothing to do with okafor

disagree. your limited knowledge of basketball and fantasy specifically will make your judgments on okafor's value very suspect when you have traded two 3rd round draft picks, Middleton and Draymond, for Larry Nance. How can we take your hot takes on Okafor seriously when you not only made the mistake of doing that trade, but actually defend it as a winning trade when the rest of the forum has told you it was a maniac trade and you overpaid massively. 

"okafor...would easily be talked about as one of the best centers in the league a decade ago" lol dude are you serious? you probably are. after his rookie season on a philly team where the best player on that team was Lord Covington (lmao), he has never averaged more than 11 pts 5 rebs 0.5 asssists, 0.7 blocks and 0.2 steals...yet he would be regarded as one of the best centers a decade ago? so a time when there was shaq, duncan, garnett, etc. i smoke a lot but send me what you smoking bruh, an alternate reality could be fun for a while.

46 minutes ago, richg24 said:

disagree. your limited knowledge of basketball and fantasy specifically will make your judgments on okafor's value very suspect when you have traded two 3rd round draft picks, Middleton and Draymond, for Larry Nance. How can we take your hot takes on Okafor seriously when you not only made the mistake of doing that trade, but actually defend it as a winning trade when the rest of the forum has told you it was a maniac trade and you overpaid massively. 

"okafor...would easily be talked about as one of the best centers in the league a decade ago" lol dude are you serious? you probably are. after his rookie season on a philly team where the best player on that team was Lord Covington (lmao), he has never averaged more than 11 pts 5 rebs 0.5 asssists, 0.7 blocks and 0.2 steals...yet he would be regarded as one of the best centers a decade ago? so a time when there was shaq, duncan, garnett, etc. i smoke a lot but send me what you smoking bruh, an alternate reality could be fun for a while.

how do you know its a mistake, are you in my points league? Are you aware that I've had all 3 players for most of the year and that Nance was a top 20 player up until he was injured? How can I take what youre saying seriously when youre calling a guy in the NBA awful? A guy who was averaging a double/double when AD was out and was finally given minutes? And was blocking shots. News flash its fantasy not reality so being 3rd picks mean nothing

You clearly have no knowledge at all of basketball and just basing things off the fact that okafor has been passed around like a piece of bread. when in reality, in todays nba, he doesn't fit. but decades ago, he could have had the potential to put up 20/10 numbers.

Edited by babyfaceassasin

21 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

how do you know its a mistake, are you in my points league? Are you aware that I've had all 3 players for most of the year and that Nance was a top 20 player up until he was injured? How can I take what youre saying seriously when youre calling a guy in the NBA awful? A guy who was averaging a double/double when AD was out and was finally given minutes? And was blocking shots. News flash its fantasy not reality so being 3rd picks mean nothing

You clearly have no knowledge at all of basketball and just basing things off the fact that okafor has been passed around like a piece of bread. when in reality, in todays nba, he doesn't fit. but decades ago, he could have had the potential to put up 20/10 numbers.

bruh...I'm wasting time with you but maybe you can learn a thing or two here:

1. I don't care what setting your points league has, nance is not better than either middleton or draymond. He was top 20 until he was injured???? What are you talking about? Please show me this top 20 ranking prior to injury? Maybe for 1-2 weeks he was top 20, but not "up until he was injured" pls man. Post your scoring settings please in this points league. 

2. I mean awful relative to other NBA players jesus christ you think I mean awful relative to your or I? almost any player can put up stats on the worst team in the league by a mile (when Jah was in his rookie season I was not joking that covington was their best player by a good amount, that is pathetic). Ex/ DJ Augustin - any fantasy player knows he will put up like 16 and 6 when playing 33 mpg, or swaggy P could average 20 pts if he was allowed to play 30 mpg on a trash team. 

3. When i said 3rd round picks (referring to Middleton and Draymond), I did mean 3rd round picks in fantasy lol. AKA they were drafted within the first 3 rounds... In your 8 team league maybe they were drafted in the 5th or 6th round I dunno, and Lance for sure was undrafted in your league. In any event, you clearly do not understand that Draymond and Middleton are household names in fantasy and for the last 3 years have been drafted in the first 3 rounds, whereas most people don't rate nance at all, and expect his numbers to fall off a cliff when his two main competitors for minutes return, Love and TT. 

4. he has been passed around like a piece of bread you say....yes, proves my point he is awful and even on philly team after being drafted so early, he could not earn any minutes. even was well behind noel on the depth chart (note that noel is only a backup center for the Mavericks who don't even have a real center lol). he's literal trash and SUPER injury prone. has never played more than 60 games a season. but nah, according to you a guy that would be a top center in the league in the days of shaq duncan and garnett would be being tossed around in ONE season to Brooklyn and then back to Philly, not getting any run with tier team (both who were terrible teams when he was on them for 2017-2018). 

please just stop dude. you have already told us this is your first year in fantasy and have been embarassed on here yet you want to tell me I don't have any basketball knowledge or fantasy knowledge? SMH

15 minutes ago, richg24 said:

bruh...I'm wasting time with you but maybe you can learn a thing or two here:

1. I don't care what setting your points league has, nance is not better than either middleton or draymond. He was top 20 until he was injured???? What are you talking about? Please show me this top 20 ranking prior to injury? Maybe for 1-2 weeks he was top 20, but not "up until he was injured" pls man. Post your scoring settings please in this points league. 

2. I mean awful relative to other NBA players jesus christ you think I mean awful relative to your or I? almost any player can put up stats on the worst team in the league by a mile (when Jah was in his rookie season I was not joking that covington was their best player by a good amount, that is pathetic). Ex/ DJ Augustin - any fantasy player knows he will put up like 16 and 6 when playing 33 mpg, or swaggy P could average 20 pts if he was allowed to play 30 mpg on a trash team. 

3. When i said 3rd round picks (referring to Middleton and Draymond), I did mean 3rd round picks in fantasy lol. AKA they were drafted within the first 3 rounds... In your 8 team league maybe they were drafted in the 5th or 6th round I dunno, and Lance for sure was undrafted in your league. In any event, you clearly do not understand that Draymond and Middleton are household names in fantasy and for the last 3 years have been drafted in the first 3 rounds, whereas most people don't rate nance at all, and expect his numbers to fall off a cliff when his two main competitors for minutes return, Love and TT. 

4. he has been passed around like a piece of bread you say....yes, proves my point he is awful and even on philly team after being drafted so early, he could not earn any minutes. even was well behind noel on the depth chart (note that noel is only a backup center for the Mavericks who don't even have a real center lol). he's literal trash and SUPER injury prone. has never played more than 60 games a season. but nah, according to you a guy that would be a top center in the league in the days of shaq duncan and garnett would be being tossed around in ONE season to Brooklyn and then back to Philly, not getting any run with tier team (both who were terrible teams when he was on them for 2017-2018). 

please just stop dude. you have already told us this is your first year in fantasy and have been embarassed on here yet you want to tell me I don't have any basketball knowledge or fantasy knowledge? SMH

You’re wasting your own time, who actually puts in this much time and effort especially when they’re wrong anyways lol. 

No one said Nance was better than Draymond or Middleton. Now you’re just speaking out of your a**. I said in my points league. Nance was a top 20 before he got injured. 

How was i embarassed? No one is disputing the fact that Draymond and Middleton are all stars. But in my league. Read that again, in my league. Middleton has been trending down all year bc he is used in the bucks system different this year while Draymond has been trending down since cousins came back.

the fact that you had to use an argument from a different post to support your cause regarding okafor just shows me that you have no knowledge of basketball lol gtfo

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

I’m 1st in my league and it cost me $500 to enter( yahoo pro league)  I didn’t hesitate to add Okafor when someone dropped him so let’s not go based off one guys 1st year playing fantasy basketball, if you can’t understand okafor will put up great stats in a 9 Cat league if AD out the picture either benched, injured or whatever then your truly delusional, Okafor is like a middle class Ayton without the nice ft%, you need to calm down bro and stop acting like you know it all , I don’t care what you say but I know for a fact you own AD in one or a few of your leagues from just your saltiness.......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brye said:

I’m 1st in my league and it cost me $500 to enter( yahoo pro league)  I didn’t hesitate to add Okafor when someone dropped him so let’s not go based off one guys 1st year playing fantasy basketball, if you can’t understand okafor will put up great stats in a 9 Cat league if AD out the picture either benched, injured or whatever then your truly delusional, Okafor is like a middle class Ayton without the nice ft%, you need to calm down bro and stop acting like you know it all , I don’t care what you say but I know for a fact you own AD in one or a few of your leagues from just your saltiness.......

i own AD in no leagues and if I did I would have traded him three weeks ago. Lol Okarfor can't play 10 games in a row with a 30 mpg role without getting injured. 

16 hours ago, richg24 said:

i own AD in no leagues and if I did I would have traded him three weeks ago. Lol Okarfor can't play 10 games in a row with a 30 mpg role without getting injured. 

Your a fortune teller nice you should win your league with no problem man!!! 

18 minutes ago, Brye said:

Your a fortune teller nice you should win your league with no problem man!!! 

I am not telling any fortunes, just stating facts and/or probabilities. If I owned AD as soon as i heard the rumblings about not playing b/c of the trade requests I would have sent offers to every team in the league and would have accepted any top 40-50 player in return that fit my team. Only bad fantasy players go into the "sunken cost fallacy" and say trash like well if I am not getting back at least a 3rd rounder I rather go down with the ship (loser mentality).  

Okafor has NEVER been able to stay remotely healthy when playing a starting role. Even in his rookie season, his only decent statistical season, where he averaged 30 mpg and 17.5 pts 7 rebs 1.2 blocks he could only manage to play in 53 out of 82 games. In every season after that, he managed to be injured enough to never play in more than 60 games, even though he only averaged between 12 and 15 mpg in those seasons.

Just watch the goddamn NBA and you would know man. He has a brutal injury history and he may now get asked to play 30-35 mpg as the only real Center on the team lmao...with his horrid conditioning he will burn out and have an injury...it's just so obvious it doesn't require a crystal ball. of COURSE its not guaranteed, pretty much nothing is. a good fantasy player plays the averages and makes decisions. 

Let me be clear, it is not a mistake AT ALL to pick up Okafor and ride him, it's actually a good play. It's just that those that expect him to help carry them to a ship or something playing at a top 60 level are very likely to be mistaken, and if you overvalue him may miss on other ros adds or things like that. If Okafor plays into week 24 playing at a high level then I will jump in and say how wrong I was. ...but I won't be wrong.