j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I don't see why he wouldnt be in the top 60 if AD was out of the picture.  Last time AD was out for that 9 game stretch he was ranked 16th overall in 9 cat.. and top 15 in points leagues. The idea about him not being able to play more than a 20 game stretch.  Eh who cares. I wouldn't worry about that either since they only have 23 games left anyway and most fantasy leagues are over well before that.  Also there's plenty of leagues out there where the waivers are bare and at this point there are no better ROS adds. An injury might open up an opportunity for some guy to step up, but even then (at least in my case) I'd have to hope I have the number one claim.

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

I don't see why he wouldnt be in the top 60 if AD was out of the picture.  Last time AD was out for that 9 game stretch he was ranked 16th overall in 9 cat.. and top 15 in points leagues. The idea about him not being able to play more than a 20 game stretch.  Eh who cares. I wouldn't worry about that either since they only have 23 games left anyway and most fantasy leagues are over well before that.  Also there's plenty of leagues out there where the waivers are bare and at this point there are no better ROS adds. An injury might open up an opportunity for some guy to step up, but even then (at least in my case) I'd have to hope I have the number one claim.

Because Randle is back.

5 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

Because Randle is back.

In the 3 games he played alongside Randle while AD was out Okafor still put up a 17 pt 8 reb average.

Back on the train! AD will sit here and there and the his next heading to the locker room will be followed by shut down. Jah owners should be patient enough.

Soooo....what are we thinking....

On 2/22/2019 at 12:01 AM, montanski said:

Back on the train! AD will sit here and there and the his next heading to the locker room will be followed by shut down. Jah owners should be patient enough.

Left the train to stream some players.

I want to hold on since he’s my handcuff for AD but RoLo is looking JUICY on the wire. Tough decisions here but something tells me to hang on to Jahlil. Dude was a stud when AD was out and those stats are a game changer.

• Like 1

He needs to step up tonight. AD is out, the matchup is perfect against LAL's defense, so that's the chance to prove himself, even with the ball hog JR in the lineup. 16/8 with 2 asts and a block will be really good after his departure from the starting 5. My only concern is that the coach doesn't know how to play with traditional big, who is not running on the floor like chicken without a head. At least, EP in the lineup will be good for Jah.

22 minutes ago, montanski said:

He needs to step up tonight. AD is out, the matchup is perfect against LAL's defense, so that's the chance to prove himself, even with the ball hog JR in the lineup. 16/8 with 2 asts and a block will be really good after his departure from the starting 5. My only concern is that the coach doesn't know how to play with traditional big, who is not running on the floor like chicken without a head. At least, EP in the lineup will be good for Jah.

It's all on Gentry.  Jahil has proven himself already when he's gotten the playing time without AD.  Now Gentry just has to be willing to use him again when they don't play AD. It's actually even a little odd Okafor didn't play that much in their last game, but somebody else was going off in the game, so I kind of get that.

I will most likely make my decision based on tonight's game. It's everything you want/need to happen for Jah - AD is sitting, it's against the Lakers, and he's not competition for the minutes. 

Please Jah - show me da whey~

1 hour ago, Tierjerk said:

I will most likely make my decision based on tonight's game. It's everything you want/need to happen for Jah - AD is sitting, it's against the Lakers, and he's not competition for the minutes. 

Please Jah - show me da whey~

He did in the first 7 minutes of the game.  The Lakers had little answer for him, with Okafor rolling to 8 Points and a Block, but then he didn't step onto the floor again for the rest of the half.

Before anybody says that the Lakers were just playing small ball, they do at times, but McGee and Chandler still play enough as a whole.  They didn't play a Center for most of the half either because New Orleans wasn't either.  Also, it wasn't because Diallo is off to another great start to a game either (he is, but still).  He only played 8 minutes, and they had almost half of the second quarter where Okafor could have come in for him when they took Diallo out, but instead they continued with a small lineup.

It'll be interesting to see what they do to start the second half, but I have a feeling it's going to be a frustrating finish to the game just like the first half was.

And just like that, dropped. 

Maybe ill be back on board later in the season! Best of luck fellas.

And just like that JAH SZN is over. Will pick back up if AD gets a paper cut. 

9 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

He did in the first 7 minutes of the game.  The Lakers had little answer for him, with Okafor rolling to 8 Points and a Block, but then he didn't step onto the floor again for the rest of the half.

Before anybody says that the Lakers were just playing small ball, they do at times, but McGee and Chandler still play enough as a whole.  They didn't play a Center for most of the half either because New Orleans wasn't either.  Also, it wasn't because Diallo is off to another great start to a game either (he is, but still).  He only played 8 minutes, and they had almost half of the second quarter where Okafor could have come in for him when they took Diallo out, but instead they continued with a small lineup.

It'll be interesting to see what they do to start the second half, but I have a feeling it's going to be a frustrating finish to the game just like the first half was.

T.Bryant situation in my team all over again. Sad story... Dropped him for EP.