j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Definitely a pleasant surprise. The blocks are an aberration but I will be happy with 15pts/8rebs, solid FG% and poor FT% as long as he goes to the line 4 or 5 times only. :)

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

Definitely a pleasant surprise. The blocks are an aberration but I will be happy with 15pts/8rebs, solid FG% and poor FT% as long as he goes to the line 4 or 5 times only. :)

AD will likely be back in a week or two so you might get something like those stats during that time. Will be a drop after that

4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

AD will likely be back in a week or two so you might get something like those stats during that time. Will be a drop after that

indeed, i added with my LBJ + covington + cp3 + d12 + teague hurt so hopefully when Ad is back one of my guys are back so i can just activate them for Okafor haha

should be solid (better than the clev bigs even when healthy) for this next week+

28 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Yeah if Jahlil can be a decent stop gap until AD returns, it is a win win. 

1 hour ago, pdids911 said:

6 blocks is too good to pass up. if he can average 2, i'd be a happy camper.

Gobert averages 2 blocks per game...dont get your hopes up

48 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

Gobert averages 2 blocks per game...dont get your hopes up

I think he means 2 blocks per game in the span of heavy mins until Davis` return. After that Okafor will be out of rotation, again...

Edited by montanski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, montanski said:

I think he means 2 blocks per game in the span of heavy mins until Davis` return. After that Okafor will be out of rotation, again...

either way, not sure how realistic that is either.

16 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

either way, not sure how realistic that is either.

He already has 8 blocks in 2 games.  He’d only need to get 2 blocks in the next 3 games and he would average 2 blocks over the 5 game span. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

He already has 8 blocks in 2 games.  He’d only need to get 2 blocks in the next 3 games and he would average 2 blocks over the 5 game span. 

with another week to go after that possibly....the 6 block game we can all agree was a fluke....hey, i hope he can keep it up but i have no expectations he will.id say 1 block a game is doable.

No AD, no Mirotic and now no Randle?

How many minutes will this guy get?

On the flip side, I wish it wasn't against OKC but a more cupcake matchup

Edited by chaiway

if AD and Randle comes back, but Mirotic ( who seem out for longer, my guess) remains out, will he still have PT? 

22 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Sorry for being duschee in quoting myself but he scored 18pts with 8rebs, 9/12 FG and 0/1FT. lol. 

Now Jahlil if you are reading this, I will be more happy if you sprinkle a couple of assists, steals and blocks. C'mon, do me a solid bro.

Didn't seem like they were running anything for him out there but he did some solid work getting offensive boards (4) and putbacks. Pretty impressive going against Adams. On the downside a bit of a min split w Diallo who was aggressive

18 and 8 vs one of the biggest and best defensive centers in the league aint bad. 

I am as sceptical of Okafor's value as always even with AD out. But I find it surprisingly how some many people are willing to take Woj's recent bombs of maybe AD is out a week as immediate justification to write off Jah.  We go from a few weeks, to a few months, and then to possibly less than a week and the end result is somehow AD is definitely coming back next week.  

Gentry really doesn`t know how to use this guy. In the first 5-6 mins he didn`t touch the ball at all. If his teammates were Curry, Klay, Harden and Love - ok, but Pelicans` shooters are pure trash and they keep shooting from outside. 1/8 from deep, 8/22 FG (all Pels except Okafor) in the first.

24 and 15 with a steal and 4 blocks on 83% shooting, 80 from the line, no TOs.  

Hes really taking the sting away from Davis sitting

2 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

24 and 15 with a steal and 4 blocks on 83% shooting, 80 from the line, no TOs.  

Hes really taking the sting away from Davis sitting

this is AD line,lol