j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

21 minutes ago, Dapro said:

Dang, is he for real?

He's a beast offensively, the issues were always on the defensive end. The Spurs also don't really have a center, Pau is ancient and LMA is a PF

That said, this was a beast mode line and the 80% ft shooting was the cherry on top

Edited by chaiway

20 minutes ago, Dapro said:

Dang, is he for real?

Davis will return in the end of next week (according to Pels` commentators) and Gentry will bench him, again. Barring some new AD`s injury, Okafor will have maybe 2 more games as starter and the first is awful matchup - against Rockets. I don`t expect to play more than 24-25 mins at best. The second game of back to back is against Denver, so that will be probably his last opportunity to give us some big line.

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Doesn't AD get traded in two weeks tho?

No.  There's no reason for them to trade him this season since he's still signed for next season.

2 hours ago, montanski said:

Davis will return in the end of next week (according to Pels` commentators) and Gentry will bench him, again. Barring some new AD`s injury, Okafor will have maybe 2 more games as starter and the first is awful matchup - against Rockets. I don`t expect to play more than 24-25 mins at best. The second game of back to back is against Denver, so that will be probably his last opportunity to give us some big line.

Houston is a great matchup.  They have nobody that can cover solid big men, especially without Capela.

7 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

No.  There's no reason for them to trade him this season since he's still signed for next season.

Houston is a great matchup.  They have nobody that can cover solid big men, especially without Capela.

I got your point, but the problem is, that both teams will play small lineups. We all know Gentry`s love for "run and gun" and in this game he will face his master :lol:. If Randle is healthy, he will play big mins on C vs Rockets, if not - i expect split between Diallo and Okafor. I just don`t see Gentry to put Okafor there to make switches on Harden or Paul. No chance.

Lmao 6th ranked player the past week.  Slots right into Davis’s production, I love it 

17 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Doesn't AD get traded in two weeks tho?

More likely that Randle would get traded which would also open up min for Jah

2 minutes ago, sebapargue said:

Must own with AD news???

Yeah I'm holding firmly.

Honestly I think his playing time will slowly dissipate even with the AD news due to his awful defence. 

I doubt he gets this kind of minutes and a starting spot even if Davis leaves, BUT you have to hold him through the deadline.

If you are currently rostering him. Hold unless..  you're holding a bunch of thneeds. Lol ok I'm out. 

1 minute ago, cucubing said:

He’s currently on wire. Grab him ?

12 team league he still on wire?

please quit your competitive league

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, cucubing said:

Same situation here.  I grabbed him once I saw the AD news and dropped Thomas Bryant for him.

1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

I doubt he gets this kind of minutes and a starting spot even if Davis leaves, BUT you have to hold him through the deadline.

If they trade Davis this season, then yes, he'll be the starter.  He already became the starter after Davis got hurt.  Randle would be the other starting big man, with Mirotic coming off the bench, which is how it was before they both got hurt.

Still, I don't see them trading Davis this season.  Right now, they only have one option, and that's a mediocre option at best (the Lakers).  Still, makes sense to hold Okafor even when Davis comes back from injury unless you absolutely need the roster spot.

1 hour ago, cucubing said:

Pounce! :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

I literally just dropped him last night for slomo as I thought AD would be back soon

-_________________-

Brutal, get him back...

• Sad 1

Jah Jah Jahhh Jah

Jah Jah Jahhh Jah

AAAA-Daaaaa-viiis, gooood byyyyyeee...

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, ginobliLeftyGOAT said:

Thinking about dropping Oubre or Winslow for him. If he starts over Mirotic if Davis gets traded what do you think his ROS looks like?

Mirotic generally plays PF not C

16 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Brutal, get him back...

:(

hea gotta clear waivers first

so good chance he gets waiver claimed since I can’t put a claim cuz I dropped him 

24 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

:(

hea gotta clear waivers first

so good chance he gets waiver claimed since I can’t put a claim cuz I dropped him 

Slo-Mos not bad though...Zizic if u need a Center and is avail.