j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

If Davis gets traded I'd assume NO would receive a C in return as part of the deal. I dont think its a lock Jahlil remains a starter in that case (maybe Zubac, maybe Kanter)

1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

If Davis gets traded I'd assume NO would receive a C in return as part of the deal. I dont think its a lock Jahlil remains a starter in that case (maybe Zubac, maybe Kanter)

Agree, but definitely worth a hold for a few weeks 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Slo-Mos not bad though...Zizic if u need a Center and is avail.

Think I’ll be able to survive without okafor

slomo made sense like 8 hours ago when I added him haha

PG/SG: Mitchell, Klay, reke, Eric Gordon 

SF/PF:, Paul George, , nance, Thaddeus, jerami grant, Kyle Anderson

C:,Adams,Capela, brook, myles; KAT,  

IL: love

Could also be a chance to sell high. Before the AD news nobody was giving away anything as he basically would have been only a rental.

Anyone already got a deal done?

Best case scenario - AD wants in LAL, but their package is so-so and Pels choose to wait for Boston. AD listens his master LBJ, to take a break for "injury" and sit down until the end of the season. Pels will trade Randle, Miro, anything with some value for future assets and change the gear to "tank mode". Okafor runs the show ROS.

For now, Okafor is worth stashing and even playing (until AD`s return, if it will be ruturn at all), because i doubt that Pels will bite LBJ`s strategy to force trade to LA and in the end they will stay pat, which will not bring new C to challenge the new starter. I pray for that! Amen!

Wanna pick up this dude so bad. I wish we knew the status of AD playing again. He's balling right now AND blocking shots. Okafor never been known as a shot blocker.

Trade request doesn't mean it will happen and I doubt the Pels will settle for chump change. Jahlil is without a doubt a hold until the dust settles. If AD gets traded, there may not be a C in return. If Pels don't trade him, AD could continue sitting with a Butler type of injure. Either way Jahlil gets his minutes.  Man I am glad I picked up Jahlil as backup for AD.

9 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

If Zubac goes to Pels this guy is done

Agreed; it would cap him at 20 minutes a game.

however, that is still weeks away, so Okafor is good for plenty of run until everything settles.

11 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

If Zubac goes to Pels this guy is done

Yup you're right - but nothing yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an AD owner, so this mess is horrible

But I also own Okafor, and we're playing with house-money with his production lately

Davis is under contract for 2 more years. The Pels should be in no rush to trade him mid-season when the amount of teams willing to trade for him will only expand in the off-season when teams can move money around. 

Holding Okafor until the deadline isn't a bad idea because a team could blow the Pels away with an offer before the deadline, but I don't think it's likely. 

So Okafor will have value until AD returns. And whenever AD 'rests', Okafor will play so stream city. I think Okafor may have been the only player hoping that AD would be traded by the deadline lol.

• Haha 1

This kid has a bad luck from the draft day until today. If AD is not traded at the deadline and sits out ROS, Okafor will smile. If Pels move Miro, Randle and Moore (all of them on the block per reports), we will have even bigger smile. I am holding him tight :lol:.

• Like 2

Or maybe.... he goes with AD to the Lakers with Kuzma and Zubac coming back.  Then AD sits out the remaining season to preserve health for contract, JAH DOES LA

Would you all drop TJ Warren for Okafor? Some just droppped Okafor in my league and he clears waivers on Wednesday. In a competitive 12-team points league. Sitting in 4th place currently.

13 minutes ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

Would you all drop TJ Warren for Okafor? Some just droppped Okafor in my league and he clears waivers on Wednesday. In a competitive 12-team points league. Sitting in 4th place currently.

Post to the AC forum

• Thanks 1

I think in the next few days all of the Pels players will be little confused with AD`s situation and their own future with the team and their game will suffer. Everyone except Okafor! That`s your chance Jah, put some monster line, again and again, and again...

Waiting to see the stats that Jahlil will put up tonight. I've been spoiled with his recent numbers so will temper expectations to 16/10 with 2 blocks and solid FG%.

Coach Alvin Gentry said that Julius Randle (ankle) has been ruled out of Tuesday's game vs. the Rockets.

This will be the third straight game on the sidelines for Randle. With Randle, Nikola Mirotic (calf) and Anthony Davis (finger) all sidelined, Jahlil Okafor has stepped in and stepped up. Okafor posted remarkably impressive numbers in another start on Saturday, finishing with a season-high 24 points (10-of-12 FGs, 4-of-5 FTs) and a season-high 15 rebounds, to go along with four blocks in 36 minutes

I think i have tears in my eyes...

10 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

I added him yesterday.. just wanted to apologize in advance if he lays an egg tonight. 

Don`t worry, i have doubts for this game, because Gentry can try some small ball s*it with Diallo. But with AD`s situation i def. will play him tonight.

Tomorrow will be different story against big who plays 30+ mins - Gentry has no choice - Jah will play all mins he can handle.

Who was that guy AD?

Jah`s teammates are helping him on defense and on offense. The team sets plays for him for the first time. I think they are making a statement. He is making, too. And Rockets double-teaming him...

I think i found gold!

Beast mode again!

still one more quarter to go... giddyup 

also +6 on the +/- and they are leading the rockets

Edited by chaiway

Absolutely crazy man.  I can’t believe the shooting percentages too.