j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Only respect for these guys out there! That`s the face of sport we all want to see!

taxi-drive-clap.gif

Edited by montanski

Looked really exhausted in the second half. 14/8/1/1 - not bad, not bad at all.

Pretty good outing considering it was against Jovic. In light of the AD saga, Jahlil has been the best possible outcome for those who own AD and picked up Okafor.

looks like he's going to have some good burn for the rest of the season....

I only scooped him in one league

In the other, it was a toss up between him, Faried and Bagley. I chose Faried and Bagley

7 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

I only scooped him in one league

In the other, it was a toss up between him, Faried and Bagley. I chose Faried and Bagley

Good choices for sure...

2 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Pretty good outing considering it was against Jovic. In light of the AD saga, Jahlil has been the best possible outcome for those who own AD and picked up Okafor.

From memory he was 6 of 7 shots at one stage.. Just had a terrible second half.

If no trade materializes between now and the Feb. 7 buzzer, with the playoffs essentially out of reach, New Orleans has much more incentive to keep Anthony Davis shelved in the name of protecting its prized trade asset rather than playing him. As does Davis himself ... "

Free Jah ⭐️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, droselicious said:

"Don't trust people who don't eat meat" 

-charles barkley

I think he wants to eat meat, but is on diet meal :lol:.

I am so happy for this dude - finally getting a chance to show his skills.  He obviously has worked hard on improving some of the flaws in his game and it shows.  But he has always had good offensive talent, especially in the post.  He just currently resides in a copycat league where everyone wants to jack threes all day.

The NBA can be played multiple ways.  A post game can still work.

What will be the minutes distribution once Randle and Mirotic come back (assuming Davis is traded/shut down)?

13 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

What will be the minutes distribution once Randle and Mirotic come back (assuming Davis is traded/shut down)?

Before or after Randle and Miro are shipped as well?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I think Randle and Miro will be long gone before Davis is traded. All of the three probably played their last game for Pels.

1 minute ago, montanski said:

I think Randle and Miro will be long gone before Davis is traded. All of the three probably played their last game for Pels.

Interesting. Then Jrue should be shipped out as well?

Just now, j3rkthenurk said:

Interesting. Then Jrue should be shipped out as well?

I doubt. He is not expiring contract and there are no rumors that they want to trade him. In the game vs Denver the commentators said numerous times that the team management is proud of him and his behaviour in the soap drama, how he is the true leader of the team and how vocal he is at the moment to not give up. When teams have 2 stars and 1 wants out, the logic tells that you will keep the other, because you want to looks relevant. Even in tanking mode :lol:.

On the other hand, Miro is expiring conract, stretch 4, who shoots 3 with average defense. Philly, Hornets, Nets, Rockets, OKC... The list of teams who needs this type of guy is long. The price - late 1st rounder. Randle is offensive ball hog who puts stats and is horrible defender, but with not bad contract (PO on around 9 mil.), who can boost the offense from the bench (no way playoff team to start him) of any team fighting for spot in top 8. Price - late 1st rounder. Moore - questionable shooter, who plays with passion on the D end and with 1 year left (around 8 mil.). Price - late 1st or 2 second round picks. They will be all traded.

3 hours ago, montanski said:

I doubt. He is not expiring contract and there are no rumors that they want to trade him. In the game vs Denver the commentators said numerous times that the team management is proud of him and his behaviour in the soap drama, how he is the true leader of the team and how vocal he is at the moment to not give up. When teams have 2 stars and 1 wants out, the logic tells that you will keep the other, because you want to looks relevant. Even in tanking mode :lol:.

On the other hand, Miro is expiring conract, stretch 4, who shoots 3 with average defense. Philly, Hornets, Nets, Rockets, OKC... The list of teams who needs this type of guy is long. The price - late 1st rounder. Randle is offensive ball hog who puts stats and is horrible defender, but with not bad contract (PO on around 9 mil.), who can boost the offense from the bench (no way playoff team to start him) of any team fighting for spot in top 8. Price - late 1st rounder. Moore - questionable shooter, who plays with passion on the D end and with 1 year left (around 8 mil.). Price - late 1st or 2 second round picks. They will be all traded.

Great analysis, there are just so many pieces at play here making it really complicated and the Pelicans market further complicates it in that it seems that they can't truly afford to rebuild.

Since Miro and Randle (unlikely to pick up his PO) are essentially expiring contracts they should be fairly easy to trade but I am personally skeptical that they'll get a 1st rounder in return since they are not under team control, unless they take on some bad salary. 

AD is the big trade and it'll be interesting to see if they make the move now or wait on the C's. 

Holiday is probably available at the right price but is more likely to be retained considering he just signed a 5 year contract and is under team control for at least 2 more years (PO in 21-22 for $26M)

Looking at all these valuable pieces, it's kind of sad that they haven't been able to do more with the talent that they have/had. 

1 minute ago, chaiway said:

Great analysis, there are just so many pieces at play here making it really complicated and the Pelicans market further complicates it in that it seems that they can't truly afford to rebuild.

Since Miro and Randle (unlikely to pick up his PO) are essentially expiring contracts they should be fairly easy to trade but I am personally skeptical that they'll get a 1st rounder in return since they are not under team control, unless they take on some bad salary. 

AD is the big trade and it'll be interesting to see if they make the move now or wait on the C's. 

Holiday is probably available at the right price but is more likely to be retained considering he just signed a 5 year contract and is under team control for at least 2 more years (PO in 21-22 for $26M)

Looking at all these valuable pieces, it's kind of sad that they haven't been able to do more with the talent that they have/had. 

The injuries are the main reason. But the injuries came with Gentry`s high pace run and gun system. He was the 2nd worst coach for the group last year (after Mr. Pringless, naturally). In recent games, when Jah demolished opponent`s paint, the team kept run like some chicken without a head and made really amateur TOs. Against Rockets they escaped, but Denver did explore all of these flaws. Gentry is likeable person, but awful coach, especially for team with great big like AD. He can`t adapt his desires how the team to play with the players he has. And the management did nothing about that. It`s best for the team to replace Gentry immediately with some young coach without clear system in his head, who can develop his skills in the same time with the players. But i doubt...

• Like 1

Davis is officially out for the week... sounds like they'll hold him out until the trade deadline. 

Do your thing Jah, we're getting spoiled.

• Like 1

In their last home game the people in the arena went crazy, every time when he entered the game. He deserves all the love from the fans after this nightmare - his first years in NBA.

27 minutes ago, kane said:

m334S__7290902a26.jpg

If Jah keep posting these numbers, NOLA will forget AD so fast :lol:.

Gentry has no idea how to use Jah. He wants from him to run like he is Bolt and for what, to watch this guy Jackson playing 1 on 5. The team didn`t set one play for Okafor the entire game. Spurs double teamed him very often and if Pels shooters were at least average he could make around 7-8 asts this game. NOLA even didn`t try to put LMA in some foul trouble, feeding Jah in the post, but that`s on Gentry. He is just as awful as my personal favorite the clown in DC - Pennywise. In the end, 3 blocks, 1 steal and 4 asts against Spurs was pretty nice line from WW guy, from whom everyone expect only pts, rebs and FG. If NOLA change the coach and with AD`s situation, Jah can be the centerpiece of their offense ROS. He is too good on the offensive end, to watch so many bricks from the outside without touching the ball.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, montanski said:

Gentry has no idea how to use Jah. He wants from him to run like he is Bolt and for what, to watch this guy Jackson playing 1 on 5. The team didn`t set one play for Okafor the entire game. Spurs double teamed him very often and if Pels shooters were at least average he could make around 7-8 asts this game. NOLA even didn`t try to put LMA in some foul trouble, feeding Jah in the post, but that`s on Gentry. He is just as awful as my personal favorite the clown in DC - Pennywise. In the end, 3 blocks, 1 steal and 4 asts against Spurs was pretty nice line from WW guy, from whom everyone expect only pts, rebs and FG. If NOLA change the coach and with AD`s situation, Jah can be the centerpiece of their offense ROS. He is too good on the offensive end, to watch so many bricks from the outside without touching the ball.

I completely agree that Gentry is a bad coach.  Granted some of their issues this season have been due to injury, but how they were under .500 with the roster they had before Davis got hurt seems difficult to do unless you are being coached by somebody who doesn't know what they are doing.

Tonight was the first game since Davis got hurt that Okafor wasn't one of the centerpieces of their offense though, so while I understand the frustration since I own him (and had multiple other crap piled on with my team tonight), I'm not concerned about Okafor going forward.  At least while he's the starter.