j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Just now, KilloWertz said:

I completely agree that Gentry is a bad coach.  Granted some of their issues this season have been due to injury, but how they were under .500 with the roster they had before Davis got hurt seems difficult to do unless you are being coached by somebody who doesn't know what they are doing.

Tonight was the first game since Davis got hurt that Okafor wasn't one of the centerpieces of their offense though, so while I understand the frustration since I own him (and had multiple other crap piled on with my team tonight), I'm not concerned about Okafor going forward.  At least while he's the starter.

Yeah. I am not concerned, too. He gave very good line, but i watch Jah`s games lately and i am sure that with the right coach he can be top 20 ROS with these G-League teammates. But i doubt they will fire Gentry :(...

1 minute ago, montanski said:

Yeah. I am not concerned, too. He gave very good line, but i watch Jah`s games lately and i am sure that with the right coach he can be top 20 ROS with these G-League teammates. But i doubt they will fire Gentry :(...

Even though I own Okafor and Holiday, and it would have been fun to see Okafor's performances before tonight, I actually stopped watching them much after Davis got hurt.  It was painful to watch sometimes though given how good Davis would play and they would still lose, mainly because their defense was so pathetic.  That's hard to do when you have two of the best defensive players in the league on the same team, and I put that squarely on the coach.  Unfortunately, I agree that he will likely be back again next season, especially since they are now in rebuilding mode.

Anyways, back to Okafor.  I think the projection might be a tad high, but he definitely has the potential to be a highly valuable player if his defense is legit.  His FT shooting will obviously be inconsistent, but the FG% and potential for a nightly double double would put him in a nice spot for a pretty nice ranking.  I think, at the very least, those three things are indeed legit.

• Like 1

I love this guy! 11/16 FG%; 3/3 FT%; 25 pts; 13 rebs; 1 ast; 1 stl; 1 block. And all of that against Turner and playing in foul trouble all game. In the last mins he was the only scoring and if NOLA stopped to throw bricks in the last 2 mins and just feed him in the post, they could won this game. Keep walking, Jah!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GIANNISYO said:

um, what is going on here?

Straight beastin 

13 minutes ago, GIANNISYO said:

um, what is going on here?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, flippy said:

take your sweet time NO getting the best deal for davis.

Yeah. The question is when...

1 hour ago, montanski said:

Yeah. The question is when...

The question is if they don't trade him do they sit Davis so that he doesn't get injured

And Jah-gonna-giveit-to-ya

Edited by chaiway
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jah beasting on a team piling up the losses? I've seen this before...

From a fantasy perspective, you obviously ride until the wheels fall off. Given NOLA's current situation you might get lucky and ride this train all the way through the playoffs.

8 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Jah beasting on a team piling up the losses? I've seen this before...

From a fantasy perspective, you obviously ride until the wheels fall off. Given NOLA's current situation you might get lucky and ride this train all the way through the playoffs.

Actually he is the reason why they were so close in the games vs Denver and last night vs Indiana. He is not so awful on D anymore, looks more mobile in switches and runs even in fast break (last night scored coast to coast against 2 Indy players and one of them was Turner). He will never be Rudy Gobert and outside Jrue, the other guys at the moment are end of the bench players at best, but the improvements are there. In last 4-5 games his FT%, for example is way better than Otto`s or even Beal`s in my team. The main problem for NOLA is the coach, who`s "system" with jacking 3s doesn`t work with these players, but that`s another story...

Just sent the AD owner in my league a trade of Okafor for AD straight up.. no way he does it and I can't wait to see his reaction.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Just sent the AD owner in my league a trade of Okafor for AD straight up.. no way he does it and I can't wait to see his reaction.

This guy got jokes

If Jahlil Okafor could play out like this for the ROS, he would be one of the top mid season waiver wire gem.

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

If Jahlil Okafor could play out like this for the ROS, he would be one of the top mid season waiver wire gem.

Ranked top 25 in both 8(#22) and 9 cat (#19) over the last 2 weeks (7 games). If there was a decent chance he could maintain his role, which he potentially could if AD&Randle are traded without bringing back a C or if AD isn't traded and kept out, then he should be valued as at least a top 50 guy

If AD is playing, Okafor's value will drop to zero. No doubt about it. 

If the NBA and the last week has taught us anything it's that anything is possible, so I'm not doing anything until the paint dry on Thursday. 

4 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

ima try to package okafor and kenrich for AD owner in my league

I feel like this is a mirage or I'm just salty I didn't pick him up. Either way happy for him getting this opportunity and balling out.

He literally owned Sabonis 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I feel like this is a mirage or I'm just salty I didn't pick him up. Either way happy for him getting this opportunity and balling out.

He literally owned Sabonis 

always been a great offensive guy. he used to look lost playing defense though but he seems to be putting effort now

While the Pelicans have listened to offers for Julius Randle, it's unlikely that he'll be traded on deadline day.

Randle is likely going to decline his player option this summer, which will make him an unrestricted free agent, but he's reportedly developed a "strong bond" with the New Orleans' coaching staff and they believe they'll have a decent shot of getting him to commit to a long-term deal this summer. He's currently being listed as a game-time call for tonight's matchup with the Bulls, and owners can expect to get another update closer to tip-off.

Not good for Jah`s outlook. Randle is ball hog, who wants to be paid after the season and will be in full chasing stats mode.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, montanski said:

While the Pelicans have listened to offers for Julius Randle, it's unlikely that he'll be traded on deadline day.

Randle is likely going to decline his player option this summer, which will make him an unrestricted free agent, but he's reportedly developed a "strong bond" with the New Orleans' coaching staff and they believe they'll have a decent shot of getting him to commit to a long-term deal this summer. He's currently being listed as a game-time call for tonight's matchup with the Bulls, and owners can expect to get another update closer to tip-off.

Not good for Jah`s outlook. Randle is ball hog, who wants to be paid after the season and will be in full chasing stats mode.

maybe he gets injured then

No they started side by side and Jah blew up...they can coexist...just need an AD trade or shutdown really...or a Miro trade for all parties to maintain value...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dfstout said:

No they started side by side and Jah blew up...they can coexist...just need an AD trade or shutdown really...or a Miro trade for all parties to maintain value...

yup. they've played together. AD and Miro are the two that can affect his value

• Like 1