j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

yup. they've played together. AD and Miro are the two that can affect his value

True, but for some reason Randle returning did tonight.  Gentry had to keep playing players that barely every played prior to all of these injuries, keeping Okafor's minutes tonight in the mid-20's.

Has Randle's return tonight marked the end of the Jah hype train? Finished with 13pts/5reb with nothing else on 75% FG, in 25 minutes.

Didn't play most of the second half as Randle (30 min), Diallo (23 min), and K. Williams (35 min) split most of the time between PF & C.

Too early to tell if Gentry will be using Okafor consistently in the future now that Randle's back (and rumored to be staying), or is this going to be the norm going forward?

13 minutes ago, Qartan said:

Has Randle's return tonight marked the end of the Jah hype train? Finished with 13pts/5reb with nothing else on 75% FG, in 25 minutes.

Didn't play most of the second half as Randle (30 min), Diallo (23 min), and K. Williams (35 min) split most of the time between PF & C.

Too early to tell if Gentry will be using Okafor consistently in the future now that Randle's back (and rumored to be staying), or is this going to be the norm going forward?

Gentry loves guys who are running on the floor like chicken without a heads, so don`t think he wants to play Jah, who is better suited for halfcourt game such SAS`. I will bench him against Minny, but the real test for his fantasy outlook ROS, will be vs Memphis. If he plays under 30 against them, without foul trouble, it will probably be the end. Like i said few hours earlier, the staying of Randle with the bump in mins for Williams will def. end the fairytale.

If they don’t trade AD, Randle and Mirotic, what’s gonna happen with Jah? Are we thanking him for his services and dropping him?

6 minutes ago, kapoi0s said:

If they don’t trade AD, Randle and Mirotic, what’s gonna happen with Jah? Are we thanking him for his services and dropping him?

Pat on the back, thanks for serving our teams and wait in the free agent pool until getting another call when opportunity arises.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ttann71 said:

His watch will have ended 

FXi2.gif

Jah's Kill List    

[X] Mirotic

[ ] Randle

[ ] Marqueef

[ ] AD

Edited by Crazycanto
  • Haha 8

44 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

Jah's Kill List    

[X] Mirotic

[ ] Randle

[ ] Marqueef

[ ] AD

I think you must add Gentry :D.

• Haha 3

Jah's Kill List    

[X] Mirotic

[ ] Randle

[X] Marqueef

[ ] AD

Edited by Crazycanto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okafor could still get decent minutes even if he backs them both up, but we'll see.  I'm not dropping quite yet just to see how things shake out.  Okafor's been that good.  Now, if you have no other choice, then I get it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Okafor could still get decent minutes even if he backs them both up, but we'll see.  I'm not dropping quite yet just to see how things shake out.  Okafor's been that good.  Now, if you have no other choice, then I get it.

He could still start and Julius could sub for both... AD, Miro and Julius coexisted...

Diallo is odd man out and I think Kenrich takes a hit but they still develop him, maybe at SF like he's listed...

I'm holding...and if AD ever finds inner peace and can't play for some reason....whoa baby 

1 minute ago, dfstout said:

He could still start and Julius could sub for both... AD, Miro and Julius coexisted...

Diallo is odd man out and I think Kenrich takes a hit but they still develop him, maybe at SF like he's listed...

I'm holding...and if AD ever finds inner peace and can't play for some reason....whoa baby 

Kenrich should stick as the starting SF the rest of the way.  Moore is decent enough if he ever returns, but at this point, they have nothing to lose by just letting him sit.

You are right about the three of them being able to coexist early in the season for the little bit of time they were healthy together.  Granted Okafor isn't the same type of player as Mirotic, but if Gentry realizes that Okafor has more than earned all of the minutes he can get at Center and PF (whether it's starting or off the bench), then he should still be able to get 25 minutes.  He still maintains decent enough value with that.

I guess we'll see tomorrow night on TV against Minnesota.  I'm still going to leave Okafor in my lineup too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Kenrich should stick as the starting SF the rest of the way.  Moore is decent enough if he ever returns, but at this point, they have nothing to lose by just letting him sit.

You are right about the three of them being able to coexist early in the season for the little bit of time they were healthy together.  Granted Okafor isn't the same type of player as Mirotic, but if Gentry realizes that Okafor has more than earned all of the minutes he can get at Center and PF (whether it's starting or off the bench), then he should still be able to get 25 minutes.  He still maintains decent enough value with that.

I guess we'll see tomorrow night on TV against Minnesota.  I'm still going to leave Okafor in my lineup too.

Me too, Jah and Kenrich

Agreed to soon to drop unless there's someone hot on the ww, gonna hold and see how things pan out. 

• Like 1

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, "here’s what to expect with Anthony Davis’ usage the rest of way with Pelicans: Fewer, if any, back-to-backs and a reduction in minutes from his 37 per game."

This certainly isn't surprising, as the only reason the Pels are playing Davis at all is to avoid disciple from Adam Silver and the league office. With New Orleans effectively eliminated from the playoffs in the stacked Western Conference, the Pels primary focus over the second half of the season will be keeping AD healthy so they can trade him at full value in July. Julius Randle and Jahlil Okafor will be the primary beneficiaries.
  • Like 2

Jah's Kill List:

[X] Mirotic

[ ] Randle

[X] Marqueef

[/] AD

(only half) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Find me a better C on the waivers 

You can't, maybe Zu...you're right...he could start still too...I think he will...

5 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

Jah's Kill List:

[X] Mirotic

[ ] Randle

[X] Marqueef

[/] AD

(only half) 

hahahahahhaha I love that this is a thing, saw it yesterday a few times during Trade deadline forum (genius stuff to the original author!)...its a direct representation of my thought patterns regarding league status lol...I have Randle, Jah and Kenrich...

Randle can stay blank cuz they coexisted pretty well already...I think this is best possible case we're going to get right now while all are healthy or not DNP-DD (DellDemps)