j3rkthenurk

Jahlil Okafor 2018-2019 Season Outlook

30 minutes ago, dfstout said:

You can't, maybe Zu...you're right...he could start still too...I think he will...

Have.  

• Like 1

It is not a recipe for long term success, especially with playoffs coming up and some fighting for their spots.

Last day of the week, confirmed AD and Randle are sitting? No brainer pickup to win a close battle.    

Holding for a week of 2 8/5 games and 1 20/10 game, all on horrid FT shooting and arguably fluky blocks is not worth it, even for the "end of the bench" as some may say. 

I am not exactly shaking in my boots to see Jahlil on my opponents team when AD or Randle are not long term injured

Edited by Crazycanto

I think it depends on team needs and or what's available. Obviously hard to predict what's going on here game to game. Powell was dropped in one after he wasn't great right after the Jordan trade...I won the FAAB bid this morning and Okafor was my drop. I do have Okafor in my 14 team league with 5 bench. Wire fairly thin so I am holding there.

Edited by HK-47

4 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

listed as questionable tonight with a sprained ankle

ugh I'll hold I guess but damn man

3 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Where do you see that

It's the latest blurb on the main page.

But of course.  A free agent pickup that was doing really good has to get hurt and be out for at least multiple games...

I know his playing time would have likely gotten cut some with Davis back, but he still had a shot to maintain decent enough value since he likely would have still started at Center.

Sad mostly cause I wanted to see if he was still gonna be at least meh when AD played (and then obviously good when he sits).  But I guess we'll wait a few more days to find out.  I for one won't be doing it while he's on my roster.

23 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

But of course.  A free agent pickup that was doing really good has to get hurt and be out for at least multiple games...

I know his playing time would have likely gotten cut some with Davis back, but he still had a shot to maintain decent enough value since he likely would have still started at Center.

Even on Friday when they initially said he would play, they said he would come off the bench. Looks like Kenrich has a starting gig on lockdown

2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Even on Friday when they initially said he would play, they said he would come off the bench. Looks like Kenrich has a starting gig on lockdown

Obviously nothing against the messenger, but that's just stupid.  Not that Williams shouldn't be starting, but he should be shifted to SF and then start Davis and Okafor.  They don't have a SF on the team that deserves to start over Okafor, with Williams not counting because they both should be starting together.

• Like 1

What's up with this guy? It's a do-or-die week for me and I need every ounce of game I can get from everyone.

Did he injured his ankle in-game? Has anyone seen the video?

The whole AD limited minutes, not playing b2b and Jahlil DTD came back to bite me. Played AD on his first game back but Jahlil was DTD so rolled with both instead of streaming Jahlil and ended up missing stats. Since ESPN still had AD as 'out' the following day and he was not expected to play b2b, I quickly plugged him back to IL and picked up another player and rolled with Jahlil, but Jahlil did not play while AD played but was in the IL spot, again missed out of stats. Lost the week by 12 rebounds. Ugh !!!

I am holding but I am in a dynasty league. Have to see what Pels are going to do with Davis. I see they hesitate to even pass to AD half the time now. A whole lot of why bother passing to him right now..

seems he can play tomorrow

That's honestly shocking.  Not that either player deserved to goto the bench, but I expected Williams to continue to start at PF since Gentry would rather use bench caliber players at SF than a guy who he thinks if strictly a PF.

Still, nice to see Okafor sticking in the starting lineup.  I guess I'll be sliding him back into mine then since I took him out.  I wasn't kidding when I thought he was going to the bench.

Edited by KilloWertz