BrianM

Larry Fitzgerald 2019 Outlook

One more round for one of my personal all time favorites.    Can he rebound a bit this year?   

I recall him being a high WR2 last summer.   Is he now falling out of the top 25?   I'll hope he's a forgotten man and I can sneak him in as a guy i dont necessarily need to start, but one I can feel good about as a WR3.  

Total class act. Big fan & glad to see he’s coming back, but what is he coming back to? Rosen = Cutler in my eyes & he sometimes locks on to Kirk too much, ignoring 1 of the best possession WR’s ever in Fitz. If the new coaching staff can get Rosen to learn to check down to an easy completion & move the ball, Fitz could be a viable WR2/3

5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Total class act. Big fan & glad to see he’s coming back, but what is he coming back to? Rosen = Cutler in my eyes & he sometimes locks on to Kirk too much, ignoring 1 of the best possession WR’s ever in Fitz. If the new coaching staff can get Rosen to learn to check down to an easy completion & move the ball, Fitz could be a viable WR2/3

i think its more going to be about helping get the OL shored up and improving big time, they were one of the worst in football last season and gave up a ton of sacks. Rosen really took a beating in his first year honestly.  Rosen won't show signs of improvement much until the help him up front first.   Mike McCoy has been simply terrible, and its why he's been fired twice now mid season i believe.  They did improve a bit also once Leftwhich took over, but they moved on in full from that staff.   i like the kliff hire for this offense to grow.  Kingsbury will get a bit more creative and spread defenses out more i think.  I could see this offense being better in 19' for all.  It will still be hard to trust anyone outside of DJ though for FF, IMO.  But i do think Fitz could be drafted really late and stashed as a bench flyer type play with possible upside in good match ups.

9 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

i think its more going to be about helping get the OL shored up and improving big time, they were one of the worst in football last season and gave up a ton of sacks. Rosen really took a beating in his first year honestly.  Rosen won't show signs of improvement much until the help him up front first.   Mike McCoy has been simply terrible, and its why he's been fired twice now mid season i believe.  They did improve a bit also once Leftwhich took over, but they moved on in full from that staff.   i like the kliff hire for this offense to grow.  Kingsbury will get a bit more creative and spread defenses out more i think.  I could see this offense being better in 19' for all.  It will still be hard to trust anyone outside of DJ though for FF, IMO.  But i do think Fitz could be drafted really late and stashed as a bench flyer type play with possible upside in good match ups.

In all fairness, I believe every week 1 starter ended up on IR to end the season. If they stay healthy, they’re a low/middle end unit. Losing all 5 starters made them a sieve. Shorter drops & quicker routes will help Rosen stay clean

10 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

In all fairness, I believe every week 1 starter ended up on IR to end the season. If they stay healthy, they’re a low/middle end unit. Losing all 5 starters made them a sieve. Shorter drops & quicker routes will help Rosen stay clean

no doubt about it and very good point.  I just wanted to state that has to be the biggest focal point in helping all involved for AZ's offense this year.  Bad luck in the health department def hit them hard.  I think Rosen is a nice prospect with a lot of room to grow.  He just needs to be coached up a bit more and time to throw.  I think 2019 could be a better year for him and also for Fitz

• Like 1

Fitz had a laughably high ADP last year but we will see about this season. I’d probably take him in the 9th round or so. 

2 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

It will still be hard to trust anyone outside of DJ though for FF, IMO

I'll be targeting Kirk late a lot.  He and Rosen were really starting to heat up with one another last year before he suffered the injury.  I think he'll surprise some folks and I could easily see him being Top 25 next year.

8 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I'll be targeting Kirk late a lot.  He and Rosen were really starting to heat up with one another last year before he suffered the injury.  I think he'll surprise some folks and I could easily see him being Top 25 next year.

I agree. Kirk is going to get a lot of slants, screens and intermediate routes, which in ppr format il take anyway. Kirk won't be a bad 4th or 5th option at wr. Right now I could see people taking him in the 8th or 9th round at least. Fitz has great hands also, so he may not be a bad option. If Rosen throws the ball 40 times a game the ball has to go somewhere.

Revisiting this as I just noticed Larry is currently WR44 in PPR drafts per FFC.   That surprises me.  Off a worst team in the league year, he was WR30.   I realize there's next to no upside, but if he's my WR4, i absolutely love that, and I'm definitely hoping that happens in drafts.   Also, it'd make me feel safe about taking a home run cut at a WR3 that's risky but has major upside- if he flops, I have a decent fall back, or a great depth player if that risky WR pays off.  

I must add that I am admittedly a huge Fitz homer who probably has drafted him close to 20 times in his career, literally regretting it only once (yes, it was last season).   

2 hours ago, BrianM said:

Revisiting this as I just noticed Larry is currently WR44 in PPR drafts per FFC.   That surprises me.  Off a worst team in the league year, he was WR30.   I realize there's next to no upside, but if he's my WR4, i absolutely love that, and I'm definitely hoping that happens in drafts.   Also, it'd make me feel safe about taking a home run cut at a WR3 that's risky but has major upside- if he flops, I have a decent fall back, or a great depth player if that risky WR pays off.  

I must add that I am admittedly a huge Fitz homer who probably has drafted him close to 20 times in his career, literally regretting it only once (yes, it was last season).   

easily the best QB on the cardinals

ad2lgka81xmhidl3iwon.jpg

• Like 2

Is this just a guy you get cheaply/late in a draft now? What do you see his cost as auctioners (or where will he or is he going in snake drafts)?

Going at the top of the 9th round in PPR right now (WR40). Absolute steal as your WR4. The Cardinals really can't be any worse than last year and I am starting to get excited about DJ and Kyler Murray. If those two are a success, Larry Fitz should follow closely behind them. 

• Like 1

In mocks, I find myself going after the following tier of guys, and mixing and matching them a bit in drafts:   Kirk, Fitz, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, DeDe, and Washington.      If I like my receivers enough that I feel like i won't need a JAG starter, i go Washington more often.  If i'm sketchy on whomever i got, I want a safer floor, Fitz is more likely.     Usually i wind up with two in that group.    This is usually the 9th to 11th round in 12 team drafts.   

Auction wise, my league history pins these guys in the $8-12 range there.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SvanE42 said:

Going at the top of the 9th round in PPR right now (WR40). Absolute steal as your WR4. The Cardinals really can't be any worse than last year and I am starting to get excited about DJ and Kyler Murray. If those two are a success, Larry Fitz should follow closely behind them. 

Love him at that price. Maybe he finally went over the hill last year but I doubt it. His season was probably more a result of bad qb play. And the Cards threw the 4th fewest passes last year. Kingsbury is talking about running a billion plays per game and his history backs that up as being more than just talk. And Kyler should be able to maneuver around a lot better behind that sieve of an OL and you know Fitz won’t stop working until the play is over. He could see a ton of targets again and they’ll likely be better quality than they were last year. I’ll take that shot for sure where he’s going.

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

In mocks, I find myself going after the following tier of guys, and mixing and matching them a bit in drafts:   Kirk, Fitz, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, DeDe, and Washington.      If I like my receivers enough that I feel like i won't need a JAG starter, i go Washington more often.  If i'm sketchy on whomever i got, I want a safer floor, Fitz is more likely.     Usually i wind up with two in that group.    This is usually the 9th to 11th round in 12 team drafts.   

Auction wise, my league history pins these guys in the $8-12 range there.

I did a double-take until I realized most of you do $200 caps lol 

Even so I hope he will be cheaper. I do recall 2 yrs ago when I thought he's old, the team is a mess, he's done...he had a fine year and the drafter got him cheap as most of the league agreed with me. Fools. 

Tinkering with the bottom part of my WR tier and unsure how low to slot this guy. He doesn't have the upside the younger ones do but I question if any WR there will emerge and he could quietly be a nice WR3 kind of pick. 

9 minutes ago, bomont said:

Tinkering with the bottom part of my WR tier and unsure how low to slot this guy. He doesn't have the upside the younger ones do but I question if any WR there will emerge and he could quietly be a nice WR3 kind of pick. 

If they continue to make things easy on Murray with short throws and rollouts, Fitz could easily post WR3 numbers working underneath

• Like 1

I like me some fitz this season, his adp has dipped from decency bias, he's going to do all he can to make Murray look good, if Murray is smart, he will rely on fitz to make him look good, thus, expecting a spike in receptions and yards

22 minutes ago, klownkollege said:

I like me some fitz this season, his adp has dipped from decency bias, he's going to do all he can to make Murray look good, if Murray is smart, he will rely on fitz to make him look good, thus, expecting a spike in receptions and yards

I think “decency bias” should be a thing - and it perfectly applies to Fitz these days.

• Like 1

He could end the year in the Top 25 with Murray

• Like 1

I think he's the ideal WR4 in PPR. That guy you can slot in and know you're getting 10+ points but likely not 20+. If I have guys like Hilton/Diggs/Lockett, someone like Fitz is a nice security blanket. If I have Edelman, Landry, Robert Woods, I'm likely grabbing someone with a little more boom/bust as my WR4.

He is IMO a classic high floor/low ceiling guy. I'm all for boom/bust guys late but a complementary, safer guy is worth having if they all bust lol