BrianM

Larry Fitzgerald 2019 Outlook

With only 2 of his targets coming in overtime if he is getting around 10ish targets a game that is some really good news.

• Like 1

Death, texas and Larry Legend carrying the Cardinals offense.

Fitz didn't play much in preseason. In the 2nd half Murray started to trust him. From now on the rook QB should know where to go with the football in crucial situations.

Also very encouraging that Fitz played the majority of snaps in the slot. He lined up out wide in the few preseason reps he got, which was obviously just a smokescreen.

All things considered I'm banking on a WR2 finish in PPR, and high end flex option in standard.

• Like 4

Fitzgerald seems to be the only thing I did right on draft day.  

Its early.  I know. 

• Like 2

Had my doubts about Kyler as a pro QB, but I took Fitz in late rounds on multiple teams on the chance KM ended up being for real. Obviously the first 3 quarters pretty much confirmed my doubts (9-for-25, 75 yds, INT), but shewww the way he composed himself and sizzled during that 4th quarter and OT was impressive.

Ultimately, having a veteran and consummate pro like Fitz with sticky hands who still runs crisp routes, catching good throws from a #1 NFL draft pick at QB, in a pass happy offense? Doesn't seem like such a risky late round flyer at the moment.

Back in the circle of trust! 

5 hours ago, poofinger said:

Fitzgerald seems to be the only thing I did right on draft day.  

Its early.  I know. 

same here and i didnt really want to pick him

So Larry Fitzerald, the ageless wonder, seems like he might be fantasy relevant again this season. Is he the #1 WR on the Cardinals to own? In terms of his value, where would you slot him in relation to other RBs and WRs? I'm thinking in the Singletary / Fuller range. 

On 9/10/2019 at 11:27 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

So Larry Fitzerald, the ageless wonder, seems like he might be fantasy relevant again this season. Is he the #1 WR on the Cardinals to own? In terms of his value, where would you slot him in relation to other RBs and WRs? I'm thinking in the Singletary / Fuller range. 

In my mind, he was always a steal. The future HOF’er is always in the right place, at the right time. I wiffed in my leagues thinking I could get him late and I regret not pulling the trigger earlier in hindsight over other picks of mine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woonga24 said:

At Baltimore..ugh

Won’t be easy for Murray/Fitz but this should help. 

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/11/baltimore-ravens-vs-arizona-cardinals-injury-report-jimmy-smith-brandon-carr-marlon-humphrey-missed-wednesday-practice/amp/

Jimmy Smith is already ruled out since he’s expected to miss at least 3-4 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dent416 said:

Half ppr Flex option again this week or was it a fluke? 

Fitzgerald and fluke should never be used in the same sentence. 

• Like 6

In on 96% of the snaps and #5 among all receivers in Air Yards week 1... 💰💰💰

• Like 1

I think Kirk will end up the number 1 on this team. Fitz will be a close second.

I'm jealous of all of you Fitz owners. I'm an Antonio Brown owner and would trade this turd for a class act like Larry all day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I think Kirk will end up the number 1 on this team. Fitz will be a close second.

Don't think so. Kirk is a talented WR, slippery and very explosive after catch. However, both in week 3 of preseason and in week 1 he was guilty of at least one bad drop and then another one a legit starting WR should make. Also noticed that he ran some bad routes when Murray targeted him, making it impossible for Kirk to make the catch without seperation. I'm not saying he can't seperate or that he has bad hands, he just needs to keep working on his craft.

Larry Legend does all the little things right. Never drops a pass, no wasted steps, creates the little bit of seperation he needs with subtle moves or head fakes to corral the ball with his strong hands. Murray noticed these things as the game went on and kept coming back to Fitz. Remember Fitz played only a few snaps in preseason and then it looked like Kirk was #1. I can assure you that Fitz will get the most targets on this team and the most crucial targets (3rd down, RZ) as well. If this offense really explodes down the stretch, maybe Kirk can have better yardage with his big play ability. But generally speaking expect Fitz to remain #1.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Don't think so. Kirk is a talented WR, slippery and very explosive after catch. However, both in week 3 of preseason and in week 1 he was guilty of at least one bad drop and then another one a legit starting WR should make. Also noticed that he ran some bad routes when Murray targeted him, making it impossible for Kirk to make the catch without seperation. I'm not saying he can't seperate or that he has bad hands, he just needs to keep working on his craft.

Larry Legend does all the little things right. Never drops a pass, no wasted steps, creates the little bit of seperation he needs with subtle moves or head fakes to corral the ball with his strong hands. Murray noticed these things as the game went on and kept coming back to Fitz. Remember Fitz played only a few snaps in preseason and then it looked like Kirk was #1. I can assure you that Fitz will get the most targets on this team and the most crucial targets (3rd down, RZ) as well. If this offense really explodes down the stretch, maybe Kirk can have better yardage with his big play ability. But generally speaking expect Fitz to remain #1.

You might be right. I just have a really good feeling about Kirk and think the chemistry between him and Murray is gonna get better and better. I too would target the Fitz  in crunch time. I think Kirk will surpass him in targets as the season progresses. Larry only had one more than him in game one.

5 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Won’t be easy for Murray/Fitz but this should help. 

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/11/baltimore-ravens-vs-arizona-cardinals-injury-report-jimmy-smith-brandon-carr-marlon-humphrey-missed-wednesday-practice/amp/

Jimmy Smith is already ruled out since he’s expected to miss at least 3-4 weeks. 

So we feeling confident in a wr3 play? If the Ravens are favored so heavily you gotta thing passing volume and targets will be there. The concern is Kyler getting sacked and playing like first half Kyler. I tend to believe he's figuring it out

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So we feeling confident in a wr3 play? If the Ravens are favored so heavily you gotta thing passing volume and targets will be there. The concern is Kyler getting sacked and playing like first half Kyler. I tend to believe he's figuring it out

He bailed me out big time last week so I'm keeping my faith in him and rolling him out again. He'll be set and forget in my lineup until he has a bad game personally

• Like 2

21 hours ago, stay_woke said:

He bailed me out big time last week so I'm keeping my faith in him and rolling him out again. He'll be set and forget in my lineup until he has a bad game personally

Ditto. Arizona is going to throw, throw, throw all season. They have a bad defense, and Kingsbury wants to play that way anyway. I’m projecting Larry to provide at least solid WR3 production all season. Anything more than that will be gravy.

Arizona has a rookie and a veteran journeyman who is slow starting at CB. In the slot they play an UDFA who was on practice squad all of last year. It's pretty safe to assume they will give up lots of points at least until week 6 when All Pro CB Patrick Peterson returns. Alford could return at some point too from PUP. Until then though, they will bleed points. Very good for Larry Legend!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Ditto. Arizona is going to throw, throw, throw all season. They have a bad defense, and Kingsbury wants to play that way anyway. I’m projecting Larry to provide at least solid WR3 production all season. Anything more than that will be gravy.

Yep. rolling with him, especially if Cardinals go for 40 pass attempts, which is probable in this game. My only hope is Ravens don't have long clock killing drives and Cardinals can't protect Kyler and get 3 and outs. I think the Ravens betting line and odds right now is pretty ridiculous also. 

I wonder where he'll end up by the end of the season when compared to a young potential stud like Scary Terry McLaurin?