Dark Kn19ht

Gary Sanchez 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, secretagentman said:

Maybe...one good game against the O's and Dan Straily and company does not really prove much imo.  He really did not look that great (though better than last season certainly) going into Sunday's game.  We shall learn more when we see what he does against Houston (Verlander and Cole up next) who obviously have real major leaguers for pitchers lol.

You're going to decide how good he actually is by seeing how he does against Verlander and Cole? 2 of the best pitchers in the league? Got it. 

El Gary is a beast. 30 HR .250 is easily attainable for him. He is looking good.

• Like 3

I just wanna say, seeing 3 HRs and 6 RBIs in one game out of the catcher position feels really, really good

• Like 1

7 hours ago, secretagentman said:

If he hits 200 doing it taking out your avg, it is not worth it imo.  Another Joey Gallo type, which may or may not work in points leagues, but in Roto, it still ends up being fantasy kryptonite imo, but to each his own.

One down-season with a shoulder injury does not make a player "another Joey Gallo type".

He's a career .252/.333/.524 in 274 games.

His poor "season" last year was all of 89 games. 

I'll take his "killing my batting average", over someone like Posey who will go 3 for 12 in one week with 1 RBI.

sitting today.  said he has tightness in his legs.  listed as dtd

hope its just a day off and then maybe another DH day

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

sitting today.  said he has tightness in his legs.  listed as dtd

hope its just a day off and then maybe another DH day

With him out of the lineup tonight and a day off tomorrow, I am optimistic this is short-term.  Tightness leads to a wide swath of possibilities but hopefully it's just bumps and bruises.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The General said:

"TIghtness in legs". That's a new one.

Could be worse.  It could be bilateral leg weakness.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Available off the bench.  Not much of an issue but Yankees are using precaution.  Offday tomorrow and then he's back in.

Edited by MrBrown

1 hour ago, RJWMN24 said:

Could be worse.  It could be bilateral leg weakness.

Joe Mauer!

My friend is a PT. I asked her about this term when they used that years ago. She said something like "that's not a real thing, that guy has a bad back". 😃

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayofPuigs said:

Does he have the injury prone label already or not yet?

Its why he'll never hit 40 homers like everyone thinks he will. He just will never play the required amount of games.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Mikewastaken said:

To the IL with a calf strain.

It was looking so good... :(

2 hours ago, Mikewastaken said:

To the IL with a calf strain.

Or as Rotoworld puts it:

Yankees placed C Gary Sanchez on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 11, with a left calf strain.

The Yankees and Sanchez both had indicated that his ailment wasn't serious, as he even pinch-hit in their last game. Obviously, it must be worse than initially expected. It's unclear at this point how much time Sanchez might miss. Kyle Higashioka has been recalled and will back up Austin Romine.

Apr 12, 2019, 1:13 PM

Higashioka to the rescue.

So the Yankees know he has a calf strain and they still use him as a pinch hitter? They must be getting tips from the Mets staff, half their starters are on the IL.

Should be back on the 22nd, I want to be optimistic he can pickup where left off but wouldn't be surprised if this was not his last trip to the DL this year. 

They're going to activate him on Wed. the 24th. The original plan was for him to catch in a minors game today but apparently there are no minor league games today. So he'll do that tomorrow and they'll see how he responds. If all goes well then he'll fly out to meet the team in Anaheim for Wed's game. This is according to Bonehead, I mean Boone. 

• Like 1

He played in the rehab game and flew to LA.  So yeah, he will be activated tomorrow

really looking forward to the .230 BA with a few bombs sprinkled in and THEN just as he's showing signs of heating up, he gets injured again.

It's just kinda his thing.

Welcome back btw gary.  0-4 4Ks

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

really looking forward to the .230 BA with a few bombs sprinkled in and THEN just as he's showing signs of heating up, he gets injured again.

It's just kinda his thing.

Welcome back btw gary.  0-4 4Ks

Yeah was going to post and say pretty much the same thing. Only reason he’s relevant is because the C position is trash across the board... he hits bombs but can’t stay healthy and strikes out like crazy. He’s either great (for a short time period), terrible, or on the IL. No middle ground which sucks. 

Edited by bjvance5