Dark Kn19ht

Gary Sanchez 2019 Outlook

2016: 53 games, 20 HR, .299/.376/.657  (rookie season)

2019: 32 games, 15 HR, .270/.346/.672

He's doing it again.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

2016: 53 games, 20 HR, .299/.376/.657  (rookie season)

2019: 32 games, 15 HR, .270/.346/.672

He's doing it again.

He’s probably seen as a top 40-50ish hitter right now. Is that underrating his contribution and value right now?

He has his flaws but given that C is so weak, in H2H formats, isn’t having a C with potential to hit 40-50 HR a huge advantage?

Considering the above, there might be players in the top 30 that I would not trade Sanchez for

Edited by UberRebel

a fifth of the way in and he's on pace for 76 homers...as a catcher.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UberRebel said:

He’s probably seen as a top 40-50ish hitter right now. Is that underrating his contribution and value right now?

He has his flaws but given that C is so weak, in H2H formats, isn’t having a C with potential to hit 40-50 HR a huge advantage?

Considering the above, there might be players in the top 30 that I would not trade Sanchez for

Having a catcher that can do that is a huge advantage no matter what the format is.  It was a huge advantage having Sanchez in 2017 and now that he's healthy again, the same can be said for this season.  Obviously Contreras deserves plenty of respect as well, but it is still true, owning Sanchez is a huge advantage over most.

I'll take Sanchez over Contreras ROS every day of the week.  If, for no other reason, the Yankees usage of Sanchez (DH'ing him, lots of rest) is probably going to pay significant dividends in the final third of the season.  

Posted (edited)

huge HR last night against Boston.  it was 4 inches off the plate and he really just flicked the bat and put it out to right center...

AL leader in Homeruns with a 10 day DL stint.  hes probably going to be a 3rd rounder next year

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

huge HR last night against Boston.  it was 4 inches off the plate and he really just flicked the bat and put it out to right center...

AL leader in Homeruns with a 10 day DL stint.  hes probably going to be a 3rd rounder next year

I could see him sneaking into the 2nd round in some drafts like he did last year, but 3rd does sound about right.

3 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Last season went into that rearview mirror fast. 

You think? 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryno23 said:

Day-to-day?

took a hit from a swing last night playing catcher - he seemed in pain but made it thru the game. Probably just general soreness 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

took a hit from a swing last night playing catcher - he seemed in pain but made it thru the game. Probably just general soreness 

Is he out a few games? Haven’t seen any news on this injury. I have him pending in a trade and I’m worried if I should have the trade cancelled.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Is he out a few games? Haven’t seen any news on this injury. I have him pending in a trade and I’m worried if I should have the trade cancelled.

he should be fine.......stayed in the game and never missed any AB's

Simce he looks healthy this year, where is this guy ranked going forward in dynasty/keeper formats? Is he a buy or sell high?

18 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Is he a buy or sell high?

He is both until you observe his stats.  

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Simce he looks healthy this year, where is this guy ranked going forward in dynasty/keeper formats? Is he a buy or sell high?

Umm let’s see.

26 years old

Best Catcher in MLB and very few good ones

Potent lineup

Hitters park

Bats DH often, this will get more ABs than typical C

Sounds like a keeper to me

Edited by UberRebel

Without quoting the last two posts, exactly.  Literally everybody in the league isn't a sell high.  If that was the case, anybody who owns Mike Trout should sell high after he hits a HR.  It's amazing I had to even read a question about that in a thread for the best catcher in fantasy baseball.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

20 HR. 47 games.

Scary.

right. he missed 10 games too.  judge and stanton coming back should help his counting stats as well.  which should be within this month

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Having this guy slotted at catcher gives the Yankees such a huge advantage over most teams running a AAA bat in their lineup. I always wonder if his long term future is behind the dish though. His defense is much improved this year. 

Edited by Guzman

1 hour ago, rasto21585 said:

Is it too early to say that he is a 2nd/3rd round pick next year?

Not at all.  He was pretty much there going into last season, so now that he's back and as good as ever, I don't see why not.

While the catching position is kind of better this season, how many of those guys are going to repeat next season (or even keep going this season)?  Who knows, but you pretty much know exactly what you are getting with Gary Sanchez as long as he's healthy, and that's a very very bad man like the person above me "said".

Great HR totals but most of you guys need to take a small step back labeling him a 2nd round pick next year and even so confidently calling him the best Catcher in fantasy . Grandal has better overall numbers and has been more consistent the last 3 years. Sanchez is in the conversation but there is also Realmuto and the resurgence of Contreras. If you guys are drafting Gary Sanchez in round 2 or 3 let me know when there is a spot open in your league . He’s having a nice run here for a month and a half but let’s pump the brakes fellas.