Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Trading for Ertz....

Pertinent info:  12 team PPR, 1 pt/five rushes, deep keeper (at least 120 players will be kept).  Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1flex, 1 D/ST.

Likely keepers: Rodgers, Barkley, Kerryon, AJones, Guice, ABrown, HHenry and one of ZJones, CSamuel or Josh Allen as a long-term play

Coming of my worst season in 15 years.  Have the 1.03, 1.09, 2.03, 2.09 and 3rd pick in rounds 3-8.

One owner who is desperate at RB (he has Hunt, Howard, Breida and nothing else) has among the players on his trading block Zach Ertz and Robert Woods.  He and I have made a few trades the last few years and seem to get along well enough.  He's had Woods on block all along, but just today added Ertz.

Do you think offering a 'non-Barkley' RB, Hunter Henry, and a pick(s) would be enough to open discussions for those two players?  I desperately need a WR upgrade, having my only two viable WRs from last year being Brown and Josh Gordon. :rolleyes:  I know negotiating will have to be done, but is that initial offer to insulting too get past?

Thanks for weighing in on mine mate... appreciate it.

as for yours, ive never been in a keeper league but understand its concept and actually really like the idea of it...

as for your question, i would definitely look to offer for Woods and Ertz (given you WRs)

if he is seeking a RB, i would offer up either Jones or Kerryon, with Henry so he isnt short a TE...

personally, i think Aaron Jones is a sell high based off last season. Just an opinion. I think the Packers are a confusing outfit with the RB area. 

And the recent talk of Lions opting to be a run first offence, along with Kerryons skill and youth... 

Guice will return big things aswell i feel... hes a talent.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't feel terrible dangling A. Jones and Henry out there for Woods and Ertz.
Personally, it would be a relief to get out of the Packers RB situation. And who knows, he might be a Jones believer. 

I would not even consider letting Kerryon and/or Guice enter the discussion, since I'm super high on both players. So if the other owner does not view Jones as a worthy trade offer, I'd walk away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hunter Henry is a fine TE. In 13 games he had 45 catches 580 yds and 4 tds. That was during a timeshare with Gates. Rivers loves his TE as a target and Keenan Allen will open the field up for Henry.  I would try and snag Robert Woods personally, Maybe offer Guice and Reynolds for Woods and see if he will throw in Howard or Hunt.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2019 at 2:16 PM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

....and see if he will throw in Howard or Hunt.

Probably not very likely as he's looking for RBs.  In fact, I traded him Howard when I went into "selling mode" late in the season.  That's where I got the 1.09.  I have heard back from him, and he is interested in negotiating SOME deal.

Would it be insulting to offer Jones, Henry the 1.09 and the 2.09?  He's a little light on keepers, so I could throw in Peyton Barber as an extra RB, though who knows what his value will be next year.

Guice/Henry for Ertz/woods

He will decline that so id take ertz and whatever lesser WR he has.

• Thanks 1

He has Juju (untouchable), Hill (ditto), Woods and Landry. 

Hmm, this is a pretty tough one. I actually really like the idea of hanging onto your RB core as I think their trade value will only get stronger and stronger (assuming Jones keeps his starting job, Kerryon takes the reigns as the featured back and Guice comes back from his injury strong). Granted this has been said for years, I also think Henry could be a breakout TE this season, and while I don't think Ertz's value is going to decrease that much, I do think he's overvalued at his current early ECR ranking of 18th overall. I think Goedert's really good and is going to take a lot of RZ targets from Ertz next season.

With that said, Ertz and Woods would give you a very nice set-and-forget starting lineup next season. I'd feel comfortable floating Henry and whichever non-Barkley RB you like the least to get the conversation started, but I wouldn't go crazy. He's pretty stacked at WR, so given his dire RB situation you should have a good bit of leverage. 

• Thanks 1

Tried Aaron Jones, Hunter Henry, my 2.03 and 2.09 for Woods, Ertz and his 6.09.  He rejected but said he'd think about it (we have a trade window from now through Saturday night, then the league goes into lockdown until August).  He did say he's high on Jones, but a little worried about Henry.  For my part, I had tried to "massage" the original offer by pointing out my concerns about Woods' workload when Kupp comes back.

Should I try again, offering my 1.03 and 1.09 instead?  For reference, we typically have 110-120 players kept each year.  So the first two rounds of the draft are really rookie heavy.  My primary need is WR, but I'm not sure I have the time to invest waiting on two rookie WRs to develop.  I had put out a feeler to another owner of my two first rounders for Keenan Allen, but didn't even get a reply.

Thoughts?

54 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Tried Aaron Jones, Hunter Henry, my 2.03 and 2.09 for Woods, Ertz and his 6.09.  He rejected but said he'd think about it (we have a trade window from now through Saturday night, then the league goes into lockdown until August).  He did say he's high on Jones, but a little worried about Henry.  For my part, I had tried to "massage" the original offer by pointing out my concerns about Woods' workload when Kupp comes back.

Should I try again, offering my 1.03 and 1.09 instead?  For reference, we typically have 110-120 players kept each year.  So the first two rounds of the draft are really rookie heavy.  My primary need is WR, but I'm not sure I have the time to invest waiting on two rookie WRs to develop.  I had put out a feeler to another owner of my two first rounders for Keenan Allen, but didn't even get a reply.

Thoughts?

Go marginal at first, try sending 1.09 instead of 2.03. Its not much but that 1 looks more appealing than the 2 lol

• Thanks 1

Deal done.  Thanks for the help!

Thread closed.

58 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Deal done.  Thanks for the help!

Thread closed.

Wait, what was the deal?

Jones, Henry, my 1.03 and 2.03 for his Errz, Woods, and 5.09. A bit steep, but I like the idea of having a TE I could "set and forget" and a WR that should at least be a lock starter for me. I acknowledge that ifJones indeed breaks out and Jenry stays healthy, I'll likely regret the deal.