Ry34No

Daniel Vogelbach 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I may need to eat crow on the Big Bod.  He’s crushing the ball now.  Never expected to see this.  Mariners got a tough problem to have keeping all these sluggers in the lineup.  

What’s his playing time outlook? Seems to be only playing 3 or 4 games a week.

Problem is there’s nowhere to play him everyone in Ms lineup crushing.  Bruce crushing, you want to move him to OF and Vogel to first?  Well Santana and Haniger are out there, not going to happen.  DH has Edwin.  Never thought I’d say this again in my lifetime but mariners have too many bats.  Is this a dream?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If he is batting at the bottom of the order and platooned how much does he have to crush for him to be relevant in a deep league?

Cleveland can sure use his bat right about now...

9 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Cleveland can sure use his bat right about now...

Or Edwin's...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Problem is there’s nowhere to play him everyone in Ms lineup crushing.  Bruce crushing, you want to move him to OF and Vogel to first?  Well Santana and Haniger are out there, not going to happen.  DH has Edwin.  Never thought I’d say this again in my lifetime but mariners have too many bats.  Is this a dream?

I wouldnt exactly say Brice is crushing, sure popped 5 HR but he's also hitting .184 with a putrid 69% contact rate in that small sample.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

I may need to eat crow on the Big Bod.  He’s crushing the ball now.  Never expected to see this.  Mariners got a tough problem to have keeping all these sluggers in the lineup.  

I'm ok with him in daily leagues...but weekly/roto I'm concerned that in the first 7 games he got a total of 4 AB's (0-4), and in the last 4 games he got a total of 11 AB's (8-11 monster week).  How are the M's using him...is it consistent?

Edited by Damn Yankee

He got his opportunity when Edwin missed a couple games with his wrist issue. I'm just hoping they decide to ride the hot streak for at least this week. I totally forgot that Bruce was in the picture.

8 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I'm ok with him in daily leagues...but weekly/roto I'm concerned that in the first 7 games he got a total of 4 AB's (0-4), and in the last 4 games he got a total of 11 AB's (8-11 monster week).  How are the M's using him...is it consistent?

Yeah that's my concern, too.  He might need an injury to really become useful.  

9 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

Yeah that's my concern, too.  He might need an injury to really become useful.  

And before Seager gets back, bumping Ryon back into the glut. 

On 3/15/2019 at 3:17 PM, Cmilne23 said:

AAAA player.  Dude sucks.  His bat is sooooooo slow.  I would be shocked if he ever did anything in the bigs.  

hahaha

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

And before Seager gets back, bumping Ryon back into the glut. 

If the M’s keep this up Kyle Seager won’t have a spot to play.  He was atrocious last year and refuses to make changes to his swing.  Already in 2 weeks you’ve seen massive changes from Healy and Vogelbach in terms of approach and launch angle.  Unless Kyle Seager has learned to not pound the ball into the shift every time he won’t be starting on this baseball team.

7 minutes ago, arthurpete said:

hahaha

Happy to be wrong so far!  This is the most entertaining Mariner teams I’ve watched since 2001 maybe.  The offensive onslaught has been amazing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arthurpete said:

Ms need to flip E3 or Bruce, sooner the better.

yeah, but Encarnacion gets $21.6M this year (incl $1.6 from a signing bonus) and a $5M buyout next year

Bruce gets $14M this year and next.  They have to play those guys and showcase them if they have any hopes of moving them

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Happy to be wrong so far!  This is the most entertaining Mariner teams I’ve watched since 2001 maybe.  The offensive onslaught has been amazing.

Man im loving it, this team is fun again. Trying to enjoy it while it lasts cause im sure by june we will be struggling to see .500

Edited by arthurpete
  • Like 1

Big Daddy Dan has always been able to hit, and had a patient approach, in the minors.  Hopefully he will get near full-time ABs with EE and him rotating between 1B/DH.  Alternatively, we know the GM loves to trade and EE was already rumored to be on the market before he got to ST.

28 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Big Daddy Dan has always been able to hit, and had a patient approach, in the minors.  Hopefully he will get near full-time ABs with EE and him rotating between 1B/DH.  Alternatively, we know the GM loves to trade and EE was already rumored to be on the market before he got to ST.

Yeah, I think the start may have made them pause though. Half of this team was expected to get traded before the deadline. However. if they stay hot I doubt they make trades that really hurt them. It's PR suicide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah, I think the start may have made them pause though. Half of this team was expected to get traded before the deadline. However. if they stay hot I doubt they make trades that really hurt them. It's PR suicide. 

For sure, I agree with you.  Still think if he continues to perform that he will get ABs, especially with Seager's bat out of the lineup.

On 4/7/2019 at 4:50 PM, Blood Brother said:

Legend

spacer.png

Hope to get him on at least one team. If for no other reason, because I loved him on Trailer Park Boys. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2