Ry34No

Daniel Vogelbach 2019 Outlook

There seems to be a lot of these young fringe-waiver-wire power 1B bats with high k-rates and playing time issues this year: vogelbach, JD Davis, Tellez, oHearn, Choi

I am super high on him but can he maintain the playing time? My heart says the Mariners are letting him play and stay hot unlike situations on other teams that have caused frustration for owners like Hampson so maybe I think is fair to say as long as he hits he will play? But logically with the outfield of Haniger, Mallex, and Santana secured that only leaves 2 spots (1B, DH) for Bruce, Encarnacion, and Vogelbach... 

Pick him up. 9 of the next 10 games are versus RHP. He'll play regularly until he cools down. The Mariners aren't dumb. This isn't the Rockies we are talking about.  

25 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

Pick him up. 9 of the next 10 games are versus RHP. He'll play regularly until he cools down. The Mariners aren't dumb. This isn't the Rockies we are talking about.  

I really hope so. I picked him up.

But I dont know who he plays over, maybe Bruce? Wish they could like put Haniger at SS lol, then Bruce, Mallex, Santana in the OF, Encarnacion 1B w/ Vog at DH haha

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StevieStats said:

I wouldnt exactly say Brice is crushing, sure popped 5 HR but he's also hitting .184 with a putrid 69% contact rate in that small sample.

That .605 slugging though.  148 wRC+ = crushing.

And all that is before he went yard again today.

Tiny sample but from statcast, based on minimum 10 batted ball events, Vogelbach is:

1st in avg exit velo (98.8)

1st in avg distance (280 ft)

1st in hard hit % (72.7%)

Only has 11 batted ball events, but he is looking sharp.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pbjfb said:

There seems to be a lot of these young fringe-waiver-wire power 1B bats with high k-rates and playing time issues this year: vogelbach, JD Davis, Tellez, oHearn, Choi

The passing of the torch from Bour, Duda, and Morales!

• Like 1

Jay Bruce hurt with an Achilles injury..... Bring on the Vollgebombs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Sultan of Swag with another game winning bomb.  I’m not sure how to make amends with Daniel for the awful words I’ve spoke against him in this thread.  I’d offer to buy him lunch but I’ll have to save up for a few months to afford a Vogel sized meal.  Keep slugging big boy!

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Cmilne23 At least you're able to enjoy what he's doing.  I picked him up in dynasty the year he came over from the Cubs in an AL-only. 2 years of not getting any run and this year I had to make a tough call; pre-draft it was either extend him for more $$ or let him go.  He got picked up last week and I lost my bid on him to the guy who was one spot back of me in the standings.

I've always thought he had a ton of his plate skills, but just never thought he'd get any playing time b/c of his glove. He's been blocked by Cruz and thought for sure he'd be blocked again this year when they picked up E5 to go with Healy. 

I gotta give credit to the guy for being so persistent and it's hard not to root for him. I jumped out of my seat last year when he mashed one over the hit it here cafe. He's a lot of fun to watch but man-o-man is it bittersweet. 

• Like 1

6 bombs in 37 AP's to start the season.  

We need a nickname for this guy...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 80version said:

Take your shot. Lets hear one. 

We can always piggy back off of Blackmon and go with Bachnasty...

20 minutes ago, 80version said:

Vogeldong

Danbino

My large adult son

Vogelgoat

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Vogeldong

Danbino

My large adult son

Vogelgoat

LOL that's a winner

25 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Take your shot. Lets hear one. 

En Vogel 

Some amalgamation of Volegbach and Voluptuous. As many fake internet points as you want to whoever figures it out before me.

Not sure where this is going, but he seems like the type to ride out until he either declares himself as a breakout, b or the league figures him out.  No since trading, I'd guess.